Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread - Page 14

post #196 of 275

Holy sh!t, that's quite a selection... a used 1plus2?

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #197 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

Holy sh!t, that's quite a selection... a used 1plus2?

 

New, with Uber cable. Am having to sell off a lot of gear to cover the deficit... but it's worth it!

 

I received the VC1000 today. Very impressed. It's without doubt the warmest, smoothest and most bottom heavy TWFK I've heard. If the DBA-02, with it;s analytical treble tilt, is at one end of the spectrum, the VC1000 is at the other. It's really not trying to be subtle at all, just unapologetic and indulgent fun. 

 

With it's bright, flashy looks, and warm and smooth signature, Vsonic were clearly marketing more towards the the average consumer with this one. It's not even remotely neutral, or balanced, and I love it for it. It's refreshing to hear a TWFK that completely breaks away from expectations. 

 

Now, all I need is for the GR01 to arrive, before I commence my 6-way comparison project. 

post #198 of 275

Does anyone know how this compares to the RE-0?

post #199 of 275

Probably destroys it and RE0 isn't made anymore

post #200 of 275
I asked because I had one.
Does it the same sound signature?
I liked the re0, but I want something fuller sounding but still has the sparkle, but not too sparkly like the dba-02.
post #201 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceXIII View Post

I asked because I had one.
Does it the same sound signature?
I liked the re0, but I want something fuller sounding but still has the sparkle, but not too sparkly like the dba-02.

Did you even read my post? The VC1000 are very warm, smooth and not in the least bit neutral / analytical (aka RE0).

You might want to check out the RE-400, which bears similarities to the RE0, but is smoother, thicker, punchier and much more dynamic.
Edited by Nulliverse - 7/24/13 at 4:18am
post #202 of 275

+1. I think the RE-400 would be a great choice.

post #203 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulliverse View Post


Did you even read my post? The VC1000 are very warm, smooth and not in the least bit neutral / analytical (aka RE0).

You might want to check out the RE-400, which bears similarities to the RE0, but is smoother, thicker, punchier and much more dynamic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahaluu View Post

+1. I think the RE-400 would be a great choice.

 

Sorry,I did read it. But I was unsure. I'm really confused on what I should get since I can't audition anything.

Other than the RE0, I also have the sennheiser HD439, are those considered warm?

If they are, I actually like them. I just wished they were slightly more sparkly.

Would the RE-400 be a better choice than the VC1000?

post #204 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceXIII View Post

Sorry,I did read it. But I was unsure. I'm really confused on what I should get since I can't audition anything.
Other than the RE0, I also have the sennheiser HD439, are those considered warm?
If they are, I actually like them. I just wished they were slightly more sparkly.
Would the RE-400 be a better choice than the VC1000?

Sorry if I came across as rude - I didn't realize you had heard only a few IEMs.

I've not heard the Senns, so can't tell you if they're warm or not. Neither the RE-400 or VC1000 are particularly sparkly up top, but both are sufficiently detailed. The VC1000 has a significant bass and mids emphasis, whereas the RE-400 is subtly mid focused, but generally speaking, very well balanced.

If you like sparkly highs, the Fidelio S1 and S2 might interest you, as well as other TWFKs such as the R-50 or CK10 (though the latter may be too sparkly.

How much bass do you like? As a point of reference, the RE0s are considered relatively bass light. In contrast, the VC1000 have lots of bass.
post #205 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulliverse View Post


Sorry if I came across as rude - I didn't realize you had heard only a few IEMs.

I've not heard the Senns, so can't tell you if they're warm or not. Neither the RE-400 or VC1000 are particularly sparkly up top, but both are sufficiently detailed. The VC1000 has a significant bass and mids emphasis, whereas the RE-400 is subtly mid focused, but generally speaking, very well balanced.

If you like sparkly highs, the Fidelio S1 and S2 might interest you, as well as other TWFKs such as the R-50 or CK10 (though the latter may be too sparkly.

How much bass do you like? As a point of reference, the RE0s are considered relatively bass light. In contrast, the VC1000 have lots of bass.


The only IEMs I've owned are the RE0 and the superlux 381F(they're sparkly alright, but too grainy. I didn't like them at all.)
I was interested in the fidelio S1, but read that the isolation is weak. The R-50s aren't sold locally yet, and buying them from overseas is a hassle here. I think the CK10 is out of my budget. I have around $150 to spend.
If I remember correctly, the igrados I owned had forward mids which I liked a lot. If the VC1000 are anything like that, I'd love them smily_headphones1.gif

I don't mind a lot of bass as long as it doesn't overpower the other frequencies.

Thanks for your help!

post #206 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceXIII View Post


The only IEMs I've owned are the RE0 and the superlux 381F(they're sparkly alright, but too grainy. I didn't like them at all.)
I was interested in the fidelio S1, but read that the isolation is weak. The R-50s aren't sold locally yet, and buying them from overseas is a hassle here. I think the CK10 is out of my budget. I have around $150 to spend.
If I remember correctly, the igrados I owned had forward mids which I liked a lot. If the VC1000 are anything like that, I'd love them smily_headphones1.gif

I don't mind a lot of bass as long as it doesn't overpower the other frequencies.

Thanks for your help!

 

Have you considered the GR07,GR01 or FXT90? All three are excellent all rounders with no weaknesses. Although the GR01 and GR07 share a similar sig, the FXT90 is more mid focused, more aggressive and ultimately more exciting. I'm not sure what they're current priced at but are well within your budget, and are often going cheap on the FS forums. I'd also check out the VSD1, which is an incredible,  phone given it's pricepoint.

 

I was comparing the VC1000 to the GR01 yesterday, and was astonished at the amount of bass boost the former has. It probably has double the quantity of the GR01. Some might question whether this is a good thing, particularly given it's TWFK config, or argue that they should stick to their mids / treble forte! Admittedly, mid-bass is abundant, something which would normally turn me off a given phone... but the VC1000 somehow manages to maintain adequate clarity, with minimal mid bass bleed.  

 

The VC1000 bass / mids heavy sig reminds me more of a consumer orientated dynamic, than a TWFK, albeit one with TWFK quality separation. It's just one of those phones that begs you to turn the volume up...and then up some more. It's smoothness and very relaxed relaxed treble truly separate it from all other TWFKs. 

 

I will go on to talk about the quality of the bass after more listening. 

post #207 of 275

Update: I've just tried the VC1000 unamped out of iPod and Clip+ for the first time. 

 

It's a completely different animal. Much more accurate and balanced. Far less mid-bass and more accurate balance across the spectrum. It's still smoother than any other TWFK I own though...

post #208 of 275
In regards to sibilance between GR01 & VC1000 which one do you think shows more?
post #209 of 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

In regards to sibilance between GR01 & VC1000 which one do you think shows more?


Without hesitation, I'd say the GR01 shows more. That should give you a good indication of just how smooth the VC1000 is - because out of all the other TWFKs I own, the GR01 is the least sibilant.
post #210 of 275

1000

 

The only thing missing now, is the UE700, which was defective and returned. Once it's replaced, the battle will commence... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSONIC VC1000 - new dual BA IEM - Info & expectations thread