Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Parasound zdac reviews?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Parasound zdac reviews?

post #1 of 73
Thread Starter 

Does anyone know of any reviews of the zdac? Not finding any here or around the net. 

TIA

post #2 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by oogabooga View Post

Does anyone know of any reviews of the zdac? Not finding any here or around the net. 

TIA

 

Here you go, its a newer DAC so I'd look for more reviews to come:

 

http://www.audiostream.com/content/parasound-zdac

 

 

It "appears" that a mistake was made in this review, the Parasound website states that the Zdac does in fact use an asynchronous USB input. 


Edited by KLJTech - 3/15/13 at 8:45am
post #3 of 73
Thread Starter 

Thanks KLJtech. Looks like another review was just posted

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/parasound-zdac

 

and this one confirms the asynchronous USB input you mention.

post #4 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJTech View Post

 

Here you go, its a newer DAC so I'd look for more reviews to come:

 

http://www.audiostream.com/content/parasound-zdac

 

 

It "appears" that a mistake was made in this review, the Parasound website states that the Zdac does in fact use an asynchronous USB input. 

Thanks for the heads up and link!

Its odd, I commented under the first review at audiostream.com saying "thanks for the review" yet "in my system" I've had better results than the reviewer and went on to describe what I was hearing. I now see that my comments have been removed. Obviously we're just talking about opinions here, I understand that mine are no more important then the reviewer...weird. 

 

I'm enjoying the Zdac right now and think anyone in the market should give it a listen. 

Thanks again,

-Kevin 

post #5 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJTech View Post

Thanks for the heads up and link!

Its odd, I commented under the first review at audiostream.com saying "thanks for the review" yet "in my system" I've had better results than the reviewer and went on to describe what I was hearing. I now see that my comments have been removed. Obviously we're just talking about opinions here, I understand that mine are no more important then the reviewer...weird. 

 

I'm enjoying the Zdac right now and think anyone in the market should give it a listen. 

Thanks again,

-Kevin 

That review is not showing up on their homepage......but it can be accessed from your link.....I dont think the reviewer minds your opinion, its probably a server error

post #6 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium1085 View Post

That review is not showing up on their homepage......but it can be accessed from your link.....I dont think the reviewer minds your opinion, its probably a server error

 

My comments are now showing once again below where Parasound responds to the review. I thought surely the reviewer isn't upset over a slight difference of opinion and I'm glad that wasn't the caseI'm surprised that they didn't amend the review to point out that the Zdac is in fact asynchronous via its USB input. I moved the Zdac (silver model...matches my two Halo amps) from my office to my main system in my living room the other day and you'd never know that its a sub $500 DAC. Its incredible how good some of these lower to mid price DAC's are getting.

post #7 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJTech View Post

 

My comments are now showing once again below where Parasound responds to the review. I thought surely the reviewer isn't upset over a slight difference of opinion and I'm glad that wasn't the caseI'm surprised that they didn't amend the review to point out that the Zdac is in fact asynchronous via its USB input. I moved the Zdac (silver model...matches my two Halo amps) from my office to my main system in my living room the other day and you'd never know that its a sub $500 DAC. Its incredible how good some of these lower to mid price DAC's are getting.

Well I can't see any way to add comments on the review now....

post #8 of 73

They're after the manufacturer's comments...no big deal, I just found it more impressive than the reviewer. I think my opinions are more in line with this review: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/parasound-zdac

post #9 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJTech View Post

They're after the manufacturer's comments...no big deal, I just found it more impressive than the reviewer. I think my opinions are more in line with this review: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/parasound-zdac

this is a really great review .....I hope to try it sometime

post #10 of 73

would this dac be able to drive the audeze lcd 3, or the HiFiMan HE-6 through balanced out?

post #11 of 73
Thread Starter 

Do you mean directly, plugging your headphones into the XLR jacks?  

 

I have no idea about the zdac. I can share a simliar experience, trying to drive HD600s directly through the XLR outputs of an Apogee MiniDac. I found the sound a little flat. 

post #12 of 73

Yeah, I'm looking for a desktop dac which will drive heaphones through XLR outputs to the headphones themselves. Does the parasound or the HRT dac fit this description?

post #13 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by azureaura View Post

Yeah, I'm looking for a desktop dac which will drive heaphones through XLR outputs to the headphones themselves. Does the parasound or the HRT dac fit this description?

 

I am not sure how well the HRT DACs will be for this purpose as they are USB powered. Thus they can only get a maximum of 500 mA of current from the usb port.....unless you want to use a powered USB hub.

post #14 of 73

The XLR outs are fixed just like the RCA outs and are not controlled by the front panel volume control. The output via the Balanced outputs is: 4.2 V RMS. 

post #15 of 73

It looks like some reviews are now out for the Parasound Zdac and this is the latest: http://dsmaudio.be/pers/parasound/ZDac_review.pdf  (Hi-Fi Choice Review)


Edited by KLJTech - 4/10/13 at 6:58am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Parasound zdac reviews?