Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Compatible mobile Amps/Dacs for the iPhone 5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Compatible mobile Amps/Dacs for the iPhone 5 - Page 6

post #76 of 120

My old iBasso D3 "Python" from 2008 rather surprisingly works with my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4  through a lightning to USB camera adapter. 

I guess recent changes in Apple's policies and iOS 7 made this possible. There would probably be a lot of other USB-DACs that possibly works with iPhones now...

post #77 of 120

Ive just tried it and yes the iPhone 5 on iOS 7.0.4 with the standard lightning cable does work with the original CLA. 

Happy days!! lol now I need ANOTHER digital LOD :)

post #78 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Can someone confirm for me, Will the iPhone 5 with iOS7 work with the original CLAS?

what is CLAS ?
post #79 of 120

Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo.

post #80 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post
 

Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo.

 

According to their website, yes, it does.
post #81 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo.

Cool :-)

I got to save up some money to buy that thing, because at the moment I'm using Fiio E12 and E11 with my Westone W4 so far I'm happy with those two.

I wonder if CLAS can be far better than the Fiio E12 ?
post #82 of 120
Just wondering if anyone heard about a recently launched cayin c6

Which uses OPA2134 and WM8741
It's height is similar to iphone 5

DAC supports idevices including iphone 5.

Best of all it's more affordable then Cypher, go dap etc.

Www.cayin.cn
post #83 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedLInk View Post

Just wondering if anyone heard about a recently launched cayin c6

Which uses OPA2134 and WM8741
It's height is similar to iphone 5

DAC supports idevices including iphone 5.

Best of all it's more affordable then Cypher, go dap etc.

Www.cayin.cn

What about Fiio Kunlun E-18 ?
does the DAC works for iPhone or IOS device ?
post #84 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSantana View Post

What about Fiio Kunlun E-18 ?
does the DAC works for iPhone or IOS device ?

I don't think any portable Fiio DAC works with IOS.
post #85 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedLInk View Post

I don't think any portable Fiio DAC works with IOS.

Yes you are right. I guess iOS or Apple device users must buy the higher price item like VModa or Cypher Labs DAC :-/
post #86 of 120
Hence there is a new option for iOS users.
Cayin C6. It supports iDevice, and it's sold for about $ 180 or less.

Downside is it only supports idevices.
post #87 of 120

My FiiO e07k Andes works with my iphone 5s on 7.0.4 using the CCK --> USB A to Mini B adapter --> Andes. Would figure that this kind of setup would work with the E11, and E12 as well. 

post #88 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERMANtheSMASHE View Post
 

My FiiO e07k Andes works with my iphone 5s on 7.0.4 using the CCK --> USB A to Mini B adapter --> Andes. Would figure that this kind of setup would work with the E11, and E12 as well. 

Those are just amps, they need LODs, not USB ports.

post #89 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by meechz View Post
 

My old iBasso D3 "Python" from 2008 rather surprisingly works with my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4  through a lightning to USB camera adapter. 

I guess recent changes in Apple's policies and iOS 7 made this possible. There would probably be a lot of other USB-DACs that possibly works with iPhones now...

Has anyone else been able to try this out?  With different DAC/Amps?

 

This almost seems to good to be true!!  Circumventing Apples stranglehold with nothing more than a $30 cable.

post #90 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERMANtheSMASHE View Post
 

My FiiO e07k Andes works with my iphone 5s on 7.0.4 using the CCK --> USB A to Mini B adapter --> Andes. Would figure that this kind of setup would work with the E11, and E12 as well. 

Soooooo, the CCK ends with a female usb.  Then the USB A to mini B adapter needs to be male to male?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Compatible mobile Amps/Dacs for the iPhone 5