Hi All, I've had IE8s for 2 years and need to replace them (too much wear and tear / accidents unfortunately). I love the outstanding soundstage and bass of the IE8s, so looking to buy IE80s with Toxic's silver cable which would run about $550. Both would come overseas to the US so I wanted to consider all options, even if a little more expensive, before pulling the trigger. Music type consist mainly of Acoustics, EDM, pop/country, and with mostly female vocals. It's for on the go use and would be running through my ipod touch (+Fiio E17 sometimes) and Nexus 4 phone.Thanks!
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's < $500 Monster Pro Gold, Monster Miles Davis, SM3, Westone 4, Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for electronic music under $450USD Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will recommend to try something different like JVC FX700(excelent for natural instruments), Sony EX1000, RE272, SM3 and Westone4R, they all offers great soundquality compared to IE8. Also few are amazing with instrumental music and has large soundstage like IE8 or close.
If you really like the ie8 then I see no reason why you wouldn't want to try the ie80. if you end up going with something else, you'd probably always wonder what the ie80 sounded like anyways.
Edited by Usejimmy - 6/23/13 at 9:48am
550?mmm... try something else. Heir Audio, Westone, UE900 or good dynamics like
I'm confused about this iem, I can't find it on their site. Is it the AS-2? I don't see ASG-2, can anyone link me please thanks luv ya bai
check out their facebook page- not much to sift through
i think theres a post on there from around dec 2012 about pricing but you'll have to email them to be sure
the asg-2 is the universal fit model
i think theres 2-3 threads on head fi about them
Thanks man, I only ask because when I go to their website I simply cannot find anything labelled ASG-2
Consider the ATH-CKS1000 or CKW1000 instead.
When I asked Toxic Cables about if there had been any blind testing done he customer service was very rude and immature.
there's gotta be other places you can get a replacement cable besides ebay, how about BTG Audio? Brian from BTG is a really cool dude and makes great cables
- Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-1 portable DAC/amp 35 seconds ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › What is your favorite Japanese songs ? 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 5 minutes ago
- › Just bought a new sound card (Phoebus) and am not sure about my buy 5 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)