Hi All, I've had IE8s for 2 years and need to replace them (too much wear and tear / accidents unfortunately). I love the outstanding soundstage and bass of the IE8s, so looking to buy IE80s with Toxic's silver cable which would run about $550. Both would come overseas to the US so I wanted to consider all options, even if a little more expensive, before pulling the trigger. Music type consist mainly of Acoustics, EDM, pop/country, and with mostly female vocals. It's for on the go use and would be running through my ipod touch (+Fiio E17 sometimes) and Nexus 4 phone.Thanks!
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's < $500 Monster Pro Gold, Monster Miles Davis, SM3, Westone 4, Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for electronic music under $450USD Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?post #1 of 153/11/13 at 11:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 153/11/13 at 12:47pm
I will recommend to try something different like JVC FX700(excelent for natural instruments), Sony EX1000, RE272, SM3 and Westone4R, they all offers great soundquality compared to IE8. Also few are amazing with instrumental music and has large soundstage like IE8 or close.post #3 of 153/11/13 at 4:31pm
If you really like the ie8 then I see no reason why you wouldn't want to try the ie80. if you end up going with something else, you'd probably always wonder what the ie80 sounded like anyways.
post #4 of 153/12/13 at 9:02pmpost #5 of 156/22/13 at 1:46pmHello everyone!I have a question about my Sennheiser IE 80.I listen mostly to Trance and RNB with much Bass, Sound Stage and Qlarity/Details.I would like to replace the cabel for a better sounding one, other then that original that comes along with the earphones but I dont relly know if it would effect the sound quality.My price range is somewhere around 45$, if it's enough to improve the sound. There is many different replace cables too choose among on Ebay, it needs to be black so it fits my personal style.I have allready loked to some cables but would be glad to get some tips about the different cables quality.I have linked some different cabels that I have been wondering about, perhaps some of you guys have any further experience of these. Please do come with comments and more suggestions.Many Thx Jimmy :)http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgrade-Cable-SENNHEISER-IE8-Night-stalker-IE8-/110574283606?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item19bebdab56http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Lord-Telfon-upgrade-cable-Sennheiser-IE8-IE80-/251287440512?pt=US_Music_Mixed_Lots_Other_Formats&hash=item3a81e60c80http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-PRICE-OFC-upgrade-cable-Sennheiser-IE8-IE80-new-pins-Black-line-Good-/130932318812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7c2ca25chttp://www.ebay.com/itm/IEM-Upgrade-Cable-TF10-ShureSE535-Sennheiser-IE8-Westone-JH-Audio-UE-Custom-/271144328905?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f21761ec9
Edited by Usejimmy - 6/23/13 at 9:48ampost #6 of 156/22/13 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #7 of 156/22/13 at 6:06pm
550?mmm... try something else. Heir Audio, Westone, UE900 or good dynamics likeQuote:I will recommend to try something different like JVC FX700(excelent for natural instruments), Sony EX1000, RE272, SM3 and Westone4R, they all offers great soundquality compared to IE8. Also few are amazing with instrumental music and has large soundstage like IE8 or close.post #8 of 156/22/13 at 6:44pmpost #9 of 156/22/13 at 6:56pmpost #10 of 156/22/13 at 7:07pm
I'm confused about this iem, I can't find it on their site. Is it the AS-2? I don't see ASG-2, can anyone link me please thanks luv ya baipost #11 of 156/22/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
check out their facebook page- not much to sift through
i think theres a post on there from around dec 2012 about pricing but you'll have to email them to be sure
the asg-2 is the universal fit model
i think theres 2-3 threads on head fi about thempost #12 of 156/22/13 at 7:36pmQuote:
Thanks man, I only ask because when I go to their website I simply cannot find anything labelled ASG-2post #13 of 156/22/13 at 8:11pm
Consider the ATH-CKS1000 or CKW1000 instead.
When I asked Toxic Cables about if there had been any blind testing done he customer service was very rude and immature.post #14 of 156/23/13 at 10:09amWell i just bought my Sennheiser IE 80 and will not buy another one.I just wonder if a cable change for around 45$ would make any difference in the sound quality, other then that original that comes along with the earphones.One of the cables i been locking at Ebay are braided with 4X OFC (Oxygen-free copper) and 4X 4N Silver plated wire with a Teflon insulation. + 24K Gold plated (3um thickness) copper pin connectors and WBT 4% silver solder.post #15 of 156/23/13 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by UsejimmyWell i just bought my Sennheiser IE 80 and will not buy another one.I just wonder if a cable change for around 45$ would make any difference in the sound quality, other then that original that comes along with the earphones.One of the cables i been locking at Ebay are braided with 4X OFC (Oxygen-free copper) and 4X 4N Silver plated wire with a Teflon insulation. + 24K Gold plated (3um thickness) copper pin connectors and WBT 4% silver solder.
there's gotta be other places you can get a replacement cable besides ebay, how about BTG Audio? Brian from BTG is a really cool dude and makes great cablesReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 33 seconds ago
- › London Head-Fi Meet Up - Summer 2014 41 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 53 seconds ago
- › FiiO X3 or Other Options? 1 minute ago
- › Westone ES5s 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 2 minutes ago
- › XLR vs SE headphone cable 3 minutes ago
- › Effects of power cords 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Old School Roll Call......... 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude