Hi All, I've had IE8s for 2 years and need to replace them (too much wear and tear / accidents unfortunately). I love the outstanding soundstage and bass of the IE8s, so looking to buy IE80s with Toxic's silver cable which would run about $550. Both would come overseas to the US so I wanted to consider all options, even if a little more expensive, before pulling the trigger. Music type consist mainly of Acoustics, EDM, pop/country, and with mostly female vocals. It's for on the go use and would be running through my ipod touch (+Fiio E17 sometimes) and Nexus 4 phone.Thanks!
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's < $500 Monster Pro Gold, Monster Miles Davis, SM3, Westone 4, Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for electronic music under $450USD Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will recommend to try something different like JVC FX700(excelent for natural instruments), Sony EX1000, RE272, SM3 and Westone4R, they all offers great soundquality compared to IE8. Also few are amazing with instrumental music and has large soundstage like IE8 or close.
If you really like the ie8 then I see no reason why you wouldn't want to try the ie80. if you end up going with something else, you'd probably always wonder what the ie80 sounded like anyways.
Edited by Usejimmy - 6/23/13 at 9:48am
550?mmm... try something else. Heir Audio, Westone, UE900 or good dynamics like
I'm confused about this iem, I can't find it on their site. Is it the AS-2? I don't see ASG-2, can anyone link me please thanks luv ya bai
check out their facebook page- not much to sift through
i think theres a post on there from around dec 2012 about pricing but you'll have to email them to be sure
the asg-2 is the universal fit model
i think theres 2-3 threads on head fi about them
Thanks man, I only ask because when I go to their website I simply cannot find anything labelled ASG-2
Consider the ATH-CKS1000 or CKW1000 instead.
When I asked Toxic Cables about if there had been any blind testing done he customer service was very rude and immature.
there's gotta be other places you can get a replacement cable besides ebay, how about BTG Audio? Brian from BTG is a really cool dude and makes great cables
- Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 38 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › Mjolnir Audio electrostatic amps 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2