Hi All, I've had IE8s for 2 years and need to replace them (too much wear and tear / accidents unfortunately). I love the outstanding soundstage and bass of the IE8s, so looking to buy IE80s with Toxic's silver cable which would run about $550. Both would come overseas to the US so I wanted to consider all options, even if a little more expensive, before pulling the trigger. Music type consist mainly of Acoustics, EDM, pop/country, and with mostly female vocals. It's for on the go use and would be running through my ipod touch (+Fiio E17 sometimes) and Nexus 4 phone.Thanks!
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's < $500 Monster Pro Gold, Monster Miles Davis, SM3, Westone 4, Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for electronic music under $450USD Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?post #1 of 153/11/13 at 11:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 153/11/13 at 12:47pm
I will recommend to try something different like JVC FX700(excelent for natural instruments), Sony EX1000, RE272, SM3 and Westone4R, they all offers great soundquality compared to IE8. Also few are amazing with instrumental music and has large soundstage like IE8 or close.post #3 of 153/11/13 at 4:31pm
If you really like the ie8 then I see no reason why you wouldn't want to try the ie80. if you end up going with something else, you'd probably always wonder what the ie80 sounded like anyways.
post #4 of 153/12/13 at 9:02pmpost #5 of 156/22/13 at 1:46pmHello everyone!I have a question about my Sennheiser IE 80.I listen mostly to Trance and RNB with much Bass, Sound Stage and Qlarity/Details.I would like to replace the cabel for a better sounding one, other then that original that comes along with the earphones but I dont relly know if it would effect the sound quality.My price range is somewhere around 45$, if it's enough to improve the sound. There is many different replace cables too choose among on Ebay, it needs to be black so it fits my personal style.I have allready loked to some cables but would be glad to get some tips about the different cables quality.I have linked some different cabels that I have been wondering about, perhaps some of you guys have any further experience of these. Please do come with comments and more suggestions.Many Thx Jimmy :)http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgrade-Cable-SENNHEISER-IE8-Night-stalker-IE8-/110574283606?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item19bebdab56http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Lord-Telfon-upgrade-cable-Sennheiser-IE8-IE80-/251287440512?pt=US_Music_Mixed_Lots_Other_Formats&hash=item3a81e60c80http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-PRICE-OFC-upgrade-cable-Sennheiser-IE8-IE80-new-pins-Black-line-Good-/130932318812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7c2ca25chttp://www.ebay.com/itm/IEM-Upgrade-Cable-TF10-ShureSE535-Sennheiser-IE8-Westone-JH-Audio-UE-Custom-/271144328905?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f21761ec9
Edited by Usejimmy - 6/23/13 at 9:48ampost #6 of 156/22/13 at 3:06pmThread Starterpost #7 of 156/22/13 at 6:06pm
550?mmm... try something else. Heir Audio, Westone, UE900 or good dynamics likeQuote:I will recommend to try something different like JVC FX700(excelent for natural instruments), Sony EX1000, RE272, SM3 and Westone4R, they all offers great soundquality compared to IE8. Also few are amazing with instrumental music and has large soundstage like IE8 or close.post #8 of 156/22/13 at 6:44pmpost #9 of 156/22/13 at 6:56pmpost #10 of 156/22/13 at 7:07pm
I'm confused about this iem, I can't find it on their site. Is it the AS-2? I don't see ASG-2, can anyone link me please thanks luv ya baipost #11 of 156/22/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
check out their facebook page- not much to sift through
i think theres a post on there from around dec 2012 about pricing but you'll have to email them to be sure
the asg-2 is the universal fit model
i think theres 2-3 threads on head fi about thempost #12 of 156/22/13 at 7:36pmQuote:
Thanks man, I only ask because when I go to their website I simply cannot find anything labelled ASG-2post #13 of 156/22/13 at 8:11pm
Consider the ATH-CKS1000 or CKW1000 instead.
When I asked Toxic Cables about if there had been any blind testing done he customer service was very rude and immature.post #14 of 156/23/13 at 10:09amWell i just bought my Sennheiser IE 80 and will not buy another one.I just wonder if a cable change for around 45$ would make any difference in the sound quality, other then that original that comes along with the earphones.One of the cables i been locking at Ebay are braided with 4X OFC (Oxygen-free copper) and 4X 4N Silver plated wire with a Teflon insulation. + 24K Gold plated (3um thickness) copper pin connectors and WBT 4% silver solder.post #15 of 156/23/13 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by UsejimmyWell i just bought my Sennheiser IE 80 and will not buy another one.I just wonder if a cable change for around 45$ would make any difference in the sound quality, other then that original that comes along with the earphones.One of the cables i been locking at Ebay are braided with 4X OFC (Oxygen-free copper) and 4X 4N Silver plated wire with a Teflon insulation. + 24K Gold plated (3um thickness) copper pin connectors and WBT 4% silver solder.
there's gotta be other places you can get a replacement cable besides ebay, how about BTG Audio? Brian from BTG is a really cool dude and makes great cablesReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 9 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 11 seconds ago
- › The Elusive Wireless HD600 (aka the rare Sennheiser IS850)? 13 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 14 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 16 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 34 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › FS: Unique Melody Miracle 6BA Custom 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude