Hi All, I've had IE8s for 2 years and need to replace them (too much wear and tear / accidents unfortunately). I love the outstanding soundstage and bass of the IE8s, so looking to buy IE80s with Toxic's silver cable which would run about $550. Both would come overseas to the US so I wanted to consider all options, even if a little more expensive, before pulling the trigger. Music type consist mainly of Acoustics, EDM, pop/country, and with mostly female vocals. It's for on the go use and would be running through my ipod touch (+Fiio E17 sometimes) and Nexus 4 phone.Thanks!
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's < $500 Monster Pro Gold, Monster Miles Davis, SM3, Westone 4, Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for electronic music under $450USD Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I bought these at less than half retail on a whim from Audio Advisor, looking to replace my aging Sennheiser HD 580's. Look at the picture...these are VERY NICELY made headphones! All aluminum...
The HM5 Velours are quite simply, an uber-comfortable pad for HM5/Shure/Beyer/ATH/(most large circumaural headphones). I was offered a review sample from Brainwavz and have the following to say...
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will recommend to try something different like JVC FX700(excelent for natural instruments), Sony EX1000, RE272, SM3 and Westone4R, they all offers great soundquality compared to IE8. Also few are amazing with instrumental music and has large soundstage like IE8 or close.
If you really like the ie8 then I see no reason why you wouldn't want to try the ie80. if you end up going with something else, you'd probably always wonder what the ie80 sounded like anyways.
Edited by Usejimmy - 6/23/13 at 9:48am
550?mmm... try something else. Heir Audio, Westone, UE900 or good dynamics like
I'm confused about this iem, I can't find it on their site. Is it the AS-2? I don't see ASG-2, can anyone link me please thanks luv ya bai
check out their facebook page- not much to sift through
i think theres a post on there from around dec 2012 about pricing but you'll have to email them to be sure
the asg-2 is the universal fit model
i think theres 2-3 threads on head fi about them
Thanks man, I only ask because when I go to their website I simply cannot find anything labelled ASG-2
Consider the ATH-CKS1000 or CKW1000 instead.
When I asked Toxic Cables about if there had been any blind testing done he customer service was very rude and immature.
there's gotta be other places you can get a replacement cable besides ebay, how about BTG Audio? Brian from BTG is a really cool dude and makes great cables
- Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best headphones under 499 for classic rock 30 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 44 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 54 seconds ago
- › What just happened to my Fiio E07k? (and what should I replace it... 55 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears 600 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › 2014 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 2 minutes ago
- › Alright. I know what headphones I want, but... I don't know what... 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-300 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by JoeDoe
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)