Hi All, I've had IE8s for 2 years and need to replace them (too much wear and tear / accidents unfortunately). I love the outstanding soundstage and bass of the IE8s, so looking to buy IE80s with Toxic's silver cable which would run about $550. Both would come overseas to the US so I wanted to consider all options, even if a little more expensive, before pulling the trigger. Music type consist mainly of Acoustics, EDM, pop/country, and with mostly female vocals. It's for on the go use and would be running through my ipod touch (+Fiio E17 sometimes) and Nexus 4 phone.Thanks!
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's < $500 Monster Pro Gold, Monster Miles Davis, SM3, Westone 4, Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for electronic music under $450USD Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will recommend to try something different like JVC FX700(excelent for natural instruments), Sony EX1000, RE272, SM3 and Westone4R, they all offers great soundquality compared to IE8. Also few are amazing with instrumental music and has large soundstage like IE8 or close.
If you really like the ie8 then I see no reason why you wouldn't want to try the ie80. if you end up going with something else, you'd probably always wonder what the ie80 sounded like anyways.
Edited by Usejimmy - 6/23/13 at 9:48am
550?mmm... try something else. Heir Audio, Westone, UE900 or good dynamics like
I'm confused about this iem, I can't find it on their site. Is it the AS-2? I don't see ASG-2, can anyone link me please thanks luv ya bai
check out their facebook page- not much to sift through
i think theres a post on there from around dec 2012 about pricing but you'll have to email them to be sure
the asg-2 is the universal fit model
i think theres 2-3 threads on head fi about them
Thanks man, I only ask because when I go to their website I simply cannot find anything labelled ASG-2
Consider the ATH-CKS1000 or CKW1000 instead.
When I asked Toxic Cables about if there had been any blind testing done he customer service was very rude and immature.
there's gotta be other places you can get a replacement cable besides ebay, how about BTG Audio? Brian from BTG is a really cool dude and makes great cables
- Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 35 seconds ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro 49 seconds ago
- › Review: EarWerkz Supra - The Universal Custom In-Ear Monitor 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to enhance portable music quality. 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › WANTED Philips Fidelio X2 or Focal Spirit Professional headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 6 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3