Hi All, I've had IE8s for 2 years and need to replace them (too much wear and tear / accidents unfortunately). I love the outstanding soundstage and bass of the IE8s, so looking to buy IE80s with Toxic's silver cable which would run about $550. Both would come overseas to the US so I wanted to consider all options, even if a little more expensive, before pulling the trigger. Music type consist mainly of Acoustics, EDM, pop/country, and with mostly female vocals. It's for on the go use and would be running through my ipod touch (+Fiio E17 sometimes) and Nexus 4 phone.Thanks!
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productHiFiMAN RE272tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 3 vs Gr07 vs Sm3 vs Fx700 vs Ie8 vs Ex1000 for electronic music Last post on 1/11/13 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's < $500 Monster Pro Gold, Monster Miles Davis, SM3, Westone 4, Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 1/16/13 at 3:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for electronic music under $450USD Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I will recommend to try something different like JVC FX700(excelent for natural instruments), Sony EX1000, RE272, SM3 and Westone4R, they all offers great soundquality compared to IE8. Also few are amazing with instrumental music and has large soundstage like IE8 or close.
If you really like the ie8 then I see no reason why you wouldn't want to try the ie80. if you end up going with something else, you'd probably always wonder what the ie80 sounded like anyways.
Edited by Usejimmy - 6/23/13 at 9:48am
550?mmm... try something else. Heir Audio, Westone, UE900 or good dynamics like
I'm confused about this iem, I can't find it on their site. Is it the AS-2? I don't see ASG-2, can anyone link me please thanks luv ya bai
check out their facebook page- not much to sift through
i think theres a post on there from around dec 2012 about pricing but you'll have to email them to be sure
the asg-2 is the universal fit model
i think theres 2-3 threads on head fi about them
Thanks man, I only ask because when I go to their website I simply cannot find anything labelled ASG-2
Consider the ATH-CKS1000 or CKW1000 instead.
When I asked Toxic Cables about if there had been any blind testing done he customer service was very rude and immature.
there's gotta be other places you can get a replacement cable besides ebay, how about BTG Audio? Brian from BTG is a really cool dude and makes great cables
- Spend $550 on IE80 + Toxic Silver cables or something else?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 17 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 21 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 33 seconds ago
- › Over-ear alternative to grado sr80e? 45 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › In-Depth Comparison: Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitor & Noble... 3 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Need help to choose a headphone under $500 for alternative rock,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)