Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › They're here [Daft Punk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

They're here [Daft Punk]

post #1 of 95
Thread Starter 

Daft Punk showed up out of nowhere on SNL with what is obviously a segment from their next 4th album

 

Personally I'm not huge on Daft Punk but I'm not casual either, I just got into listening to Human After All again after 5 years but this news has me exited for Daft Punk

post #2 of 95

Im looking forward to the new album too, any ideas when it drops?

post #3 of 95
Thread Starter 

Very soon if this video really is a preview

 

No less than 2-3 months, hasn't been confirmed but there's pictures of them already in studio

post #4 of 95

I hope it's soon! I have all their albums and have seen them in concert once. Can't wait!!!

post #5 of 95

Best Live show I've ever seen when it comes to light and stuff (not my most moving, but that's different). 

 

Amazing music...So excited for this one.

post #6 of 95
So new content before the release, a series that probably will contain a few episodes before the release smily_headphones1.gif:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYDvxo-M0OQ

Oh, and the albums website:
http://randomaccessmemories.com/
post #7 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simcon View Post

So new content before the release, a series that probably will contain a few episodes before the release smily_headphones1.gif:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYDvxo-M0OQ

Oh, and the albums website:
http://randomaccessmemories.com/

I really enjoyed the first installment. Makes me very excited for the album and the possibility of more videos of the other collaborators.  

 

EDIT: In fact, it was so good that I decided to pre-order the LP version of the album.

post #8 of 95

Sounding really, really good so far.

It's a very rare occasion to me be excited about release of a album when I almost only listen music from 1970-2000. Couple of artists have already disappointed me, but what we have heard so far gives me really comfy feeling that they will deliver. I was on their live tour in Wireless UK as well btw. By far best live experience I have ever had.  

 

LP version of the album ordered as well. :D Too bad the CD is not included, got a buy that separate. 

 

Here's the second ad and collaborators video. I should also mention that the album will be out May 21.

http://randomaccessmemories.com/

 

 


Edited by tissot - 4/11/13 at 5:18am
post #9 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post

Sounding really, really good so far.
It's a very rare occasion to me be excited about release of a album when I almost only listen music from 1970-2000. Couple of artists have already disappointed me, but what we have heard so far gives me really comfy feeling that they will deliver. I was on their live tour in Wireless UK as well btw. By far best live experience I have ever had.  

LP version of the album ordered as well. biggrin.gif Too bad the CD is not included, got a buy that separate. 


Here's the second ad and collaborators video. I should also mention that the album will be out 
May 21.

http://randomaccessmemories.com/
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




I personally feel that the first episode in the series was better than the second, however I really can't explain or know why that is. Think that these episodes are great for building up hype about the album and I myself have really never been excited about an album before. Guess we'll see how well it will perform smily_headphones1.gif. Hope they'll go on a tour soon, since I really want to see them live.

Oh, and what headphone are you going to use for listening to the album? Speakers? What's your pick for the first experience of the album?
Edited by Simcon - 4/11/13 at 7:26am
post #10 of 95

Man that last shot of the vinyl being cut is like porn. Gotta get it.

post #11 of 95

Episode 3 is out now smily_headphones1.gif
post #12 of 95

Loving the episode 3. Remember to watch the last seconds as well ;)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simcon View Post

Oh, and what headphone are you going to use for listening to the album? Speakers? What's your pick for the first experience of the album?

 

Most likely using my all arounder Audio Pro set on my living room on the first play. My PC's Genelec speakers will be too analatyical for the upbeat record this will likely be. DT990 Pro should do great as well. 

post #13 of 95
I really want to get my m100 by the time Random Access Memories comes out!
post #14 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post

Most likely using my all arounder Audio Pro set on my living room on the first play. My PC's Genelec speakers will be too analatyical for the upbeat record this will likely be. DT990 Pro should do great as well. 

Been thinking about buying a new pair of headphones for quite some time, so in anticipation of the this album I've now bought a pair of DT990s, amazon (co.uk) has had a good price for a month now. and I've looked at that offer more than once, so finally I pulled the trigger and pushed the buy button. Should receive them sometime next week ).
post #15 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simcon View Post


Been thinking about buying a new pair of headphones for quite some time, so in anticipation of the this album I've now bought a pair of DT990s, amazon (co.uk) has had a good price for a month now. and I've looked at that offer more than once, so finally I pulled the trigger and pushed the buy button. Should receive them sometime next week ).

DT990 Pro's are great. Just remember that proper amp side is essential with them. I have them as my PC headphones and have them paired with Essence STX.

 

Teaser of their video was shown in Coachella. Single and the video rumored to be about Monday. Daft Punk is melting together my two favorite genres, i'm melting here. 

 

 


Edited by tissot - 4/13/13 at 8:32am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › They're here [Daft Punk]