If not, how about openback IEMs? (other than Stax srs-002)
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio E12, Anything sound better Last post on Yesterday at 9:03 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio X5 Stacking Kit (HS6) Assembled Case Option? Last post on 8/17/14 at 12:05pm in FiiO
- Wich amp / dac to choose? Last post on 6/24/14 at 5:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E12 vs. JDS Labs C5 Amp Last post on 6/16/14 at 4:05am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp or Amp/DAC? Last post on 6/21/14 at 3:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
Does there exist planar-magnetic IEM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
AFAIK, VSonic are still working on their planar magnetic IEM. If they succeed in bringing it to market, it will be the first mass-produced IEM of its type.
This sort of thing is possible nowadays, as powerful portable amps are becoming more readily available and affordable. Something like a Fiio E12 or an iBasso P4 should be able to drive it well.
I suspect, however, that the VSonic will not be cheap...
There is a thread on this product on HF.
- Does there exist planar-magnetic IEM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 43 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X MINT condition 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs NEW e series headphones and loaner program! 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Eximus DP-1 DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-amp 6 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)