Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Artists You Hate And Can't Stand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Artists You Hate And Can't Stand. - Page 3

post #31 of 47

I'm with you on Kanye, but I have a friend who loves him to death.

 

As for Korn...I'll stand is defense of their early work all day. Their last...3 or so albums have been trash though. They're not the same band they once were. '96 - '02 was their best work, and that's a pretty good run. Can't say I hated their next 2 albums after Untouchables either (Take a Look in the Mirror and Twisted Transistor).

 

Their Unplugged album is excellent. The Freak on a Leash cover with Amy Lee is amazing. Not to mention the Radiohead cover and the live Mash Up with The Cure. It's probably my favorite modern Unplugged album, actually.

 

And if Limp Bizkit did nothing else in their entire career, they contributed a fantastic cover of Behind Blue Eyes to the music world. :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

Nicki Minaj, Korn (especially the AWFUL dubstep album), Justin Bieber, One Direction, Limp Bizkit, Kanye West, Lil' Wayne

post #32 of 47
Thread Starter 
I don't understand WHO listens to today's rap, it's awful. I can't think of someone enjoying it.
post #33 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

 

 

As for Korn...I'll stand is defense of their early work all day. Their last...3 or so albums have been trash though. They're not the same band they once were. '96 - '02 was their best work, and that's a pretty good run. Can't say I hated their next 2 albums after Untouchables either (Take a Look in the Mirror and Twisted Transistor).

 

Their Unplugged album is excellent. The Freak on a Leash cover with Amy Lee is amazing. Not to mention the Radiohead cover and the live Mash Up with The Cure. It's probably my favorite modern Unplugged album, actually.

 

 

 

Agreed. When they first came out, I didn't get them at all...I was still locked into all classic rock all the time mode. But over time, as I expanded things musically, they really grew on me.  And the songs Davis wrote for Queen of the Damned.... System, Slept So Long, Redeemer, Forsaken,  and Not Meant For Me are great too......even if the movie was a terrible attempt at a book adaptation.

post #34 of 47

Bring out that haterz!

 

I'll ignore the teeny-bopper stuff (Taylor Swift, the Bieber-thing, & whatever flavor of the month from the UK is currently atop the charts) which is so far out of my playlists that it may as well be whale song.  Same goes for most gangsta rap.  I do love genuinely creative rappers like the Beastie Boys, Public Enemy and El-P a/k/a El-Producto so it's not a genre thing.

 

Unfortunately, the lack of reliable artists causes many labels to push their few chart hits so that by pure repetition, these artists enter into the hate zone, through no fault of their own. Adele, I'm looking at you girl as exhibit A of an undeniably talented artist with a good album that has just been played into the ground, simply because their label seems to have nothing else to push.  She's currently the only artist that I have banned in my collection, meaning I own her "21" album on my server and have enjoyed it in the past (the distant past it seems) but have currently "removed it" so that my girlfriend cannot put it on an endless repeat.

 

I digress. Any list of "artists" meriting genuine hatred must begin with:

 

1.  Puffy ("unh unh unh unh ya! unh unh unh unh ya!") Combs, who I hate with such a burning intensity, I had to see a urologist about it.  Far and above anyone else I may list, this person's music catalog is best stored in a landfill.

 

 

2.  Diana "makes my skin" Krall (to steal Peter McGrath's deliciously bitchy line from the RMAF panel) as the queen of unhurried, generic schmaltz.  Well recorded schmaltz, but schmaltz none the less.  Her music just takes its time to go nowhere. Any time a hi-fi sales rep breaks out the Krall, I leave the room.

 

3.  Limp Bizkit got mentioned before and I'll echo that.  I actually have a LB album from over a decade ago (I used to do a lot of drugs, so my memory of buying that isn't so clear).  I listened to it recently for the first time in ages and just marveled at how utterly bad it is.  I laughed for about 10 minutes that not only was that band signed to a major label, but that label actually gave LB's Fred "Taking a turn for the" Durst a job to sign other talentless hacks such as Puddle of Mudd.  A self-perpetuating vortex of suck.

 

4.  Diamanda Galas.  Truly one of the most remarkable voices in the world, but the best I've ever heard from her is as a special effect in the awful Coppolla version of Dracula (yes, the one with Keanu Reeves doing his only English accent as Jonathan Harker).  She doesn't have to sing pop like Mariah Carey, but sing something that's not a banshee's shriek.  Just not interesting and a terrible waste of talent.

 

5.  Oh.  And Yoko Ono.  I wish Chapman had been a poorer shot.

post #35 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckles View Post

Bring out that haterz!

I'll ignore the teeny-bopper stuff (Taylor Swift, the Bieber-thing, & whatever flavor of the month from the UK is currently atop the charts) which is so far out of my playlists that it may as well be whale song.  Same goes for most gangsta rap.  I do love genuinely creative rappers like the Beastie Boys, Public Enemy and El-P a/k/a El-Producto so it's not a genre thing.

Unfortunately, the lack of reliable artists causes many labels to push their few chart hits so that by pure repetition, these artists enter into the hate zone, through no fault of their own. Adele, I'm looking at you girl as exhibit A of an undeniably talented artist with a good album that has just been played into the ground, simply because their label seems to have nothing else to push.  She's currently the only artist that I have banned in my collection, meaning I own her "21" album on my server and have enjoyed it in the past (the distant past it seems) but have currently "removed it" so that my girlfriend cannot put it on an endless repeat.

I digress. Any list of "artists" meriting genuine hatred must begin with:

1.  Puffy ("unh unh unh unh ya! unh unh unh unh ya!") Combs, who I hate with such a burning intensity, I had to see a urologist about it.  Far and above anyone else I may list, this person's music catalog is best stored in a landfill.


2.  Diana "makes my skin" Krall (to steal Peter McGrath's deliciously bitchy line from the RMAF panel) as the queen of unhurried, generic schmaltz.  Well recorded schmaltz, but schmaltz none the less.  Her music just takes its time to go nowhere. Any time a hi-fi sales rep breaks out the Krall, I leave the room.

3.  Limp Bizkit got mentioned before and I'll echo that.  I actually have a LB album from over a decade ago (I used to do a lot of drugs, so my memory of buying that isn't so clear).  I listened to it recently for the first time in ages and just marveled at how utterly bad it is.  I laughed for about 10 minutes that not only was that band signed to a major label, but that label actually gave LB's Fred "Taking a turn for the" Durst a job to sign other talentless hacks such as Puddle of Mudd.  A self-perpetuating vortex of suck.

4.  Diamanda Galas.  Truly one of the most remarkable voices in the world, but the best I've ever heard from her is as a special effect in the awful Coppolla version of Dracula (yes, the one with Keanu Reeves doing his only English accent as Jonathan Harker).  She doesn't have to sing pop like Mariah Carey, but sing something that's not a banshee's shriek.  Just not interesting and a terrible waste of talent.

5.  Oh.  And Yoko Ono.  I wish Chapman had been a poorer shot.

I hate Yoko because she made John quit The Beatles.
post #36 of 47
Smeckles: And Yoko Ono.  I wish Chapman had been a poorer shot. View Post

 

Yowch. eek.gif

post #37 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

I don't understand WHO listens to today's rap, it's awful. I can't think of someone enjoying it.

 

There's a thread full of guys supporting it -_-

 

Btw, i can't stand Nicky Minaj

post #38 of 47

Jay Z is great, and do you consider 'Today's' rap Wu Tang? Because if you do you're wrong.

post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post


I hate Yoko because she made John quit The Beatles.

 

I like Lennon, but he's a daisy if he let Yoko put him on a leash... Imagine having respect for yourself... it's easy if you try... Good guy, but you must stand your ground if something means that much to you.

post #40 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Jay Z is great, and do you consider 'Today's' rap Wu Tang? Because if you do you're wrong.

I own some of his albums and Watch The Throne, even in Deluxe. But when Kanye starts "rapping" I change the track, or mute it until he stops. Wu-Tang is a huge exception. There are exceptions, but it is mainly the mainstream, billboard, etc. area. For example, Lil' Jon, Lil' Wayne, Drake, Kanye West, 2 Chainz, etc.
Edited by JuanseAmador - 3/20/13 at 7:42pm
post #41 of 47

Oh god no stop. Not Kanye please. lol

 

Blueprint series is amazing though. Reminds me I need Blueprint 2 on vinyl. Have the other 2.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post


I own some of his albums and Watch The Throne, even in Deluxe. But when Kanye starts "rapping" I change the track, or mute it until he stops.
post #42 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Oh god no stop. Not Kanye please. lol

Blueprint series is amazing though. Reminds me I need Blueprint 2 on vinyl. Have the other 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

I own some of his albums and Watch The Throne, even in Deluxe. But when Kanye starts "rapping" I change the track, or mute it until he stops.

Definitely, The Blueprint albums are great. And about Wu-Tang, I consider them 90's rap, not 00's. Because they still have that 90's rap feel from their early albums.

BTW, Kanye sucks, right? LOL
post #43 of 47

Definitely going to mention Kanye West in this thread again. Every single verse he ever sings in a song just takes me out of it completely. It's either grossly off topic or just terrible sounding.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post


Definitely, The Blueprint albums are great. And about Wu-Tang, I consider them 90's rap, not 00's. Because they still have that 90's rap feel from their early albums.

BTW, Kanye sucks, right? LOL
post #44 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

I hate Yoko because she made John quit The Beatles.

I like Lennon, but he's a daisy if he let Yoko put him on a leash... Imagine having respect for yourself... it's easy if you try... Good guy, but you must stand your ground if something means that much to you.

She encouraged him to go solo and leave the band. I mean, they were probably going to break up, but she encouraged him. I exaggerated a little bit. biggrin.gif
post #45 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin89 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

I hate Yoko because she made John quit The Beatles.

I like Lennon, but he's a daisy if he let Yoko put him on a leash... Imagine having respect for yourself... it's easy if you try... Good guy, but you must stand your ground if something means that much to you.

SORRY, MY CONNECTION LAGGED A BIT.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Artists You Hate And Can't Stand.