- 44 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Hässleholm, Sweden
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productFocal Spirit One Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productJVC HA-FXD70tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productTDK BA200tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productVSONIC GR01tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productXBA-3 - XBA Series Triple Driver Balanced Armature In Ear Earphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Audiophile buds? Last post on 2/21/14 at 7:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a UE 700 Replacement Last post on 12/10/12 at 1:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM replacement for Shure SE530 (sub-$200) Last post on 12/1/12 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend IEM's under $200 Similar to the Sony XBA-2 Last post on 11/30/12 at 6:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for my requirements (5 choices)? Last post on 9/25/12 at 10:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
Best IEMs around 100-200$ ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi, owner of the Focal Spirit One and I appreciate it's sound signature - flat and highly detailed but still with some punch and richness. Now I'm looking for an IEM with a somewhat similar sound in the price range around 100-200$. It is to be used together with an iPod Classic 2009 paired with FiiO E11 and play all kinds of music, from classical to electronica. Any suggestions? Thankful for all response
Flat, punchy, all-rounder, $100-200 - Definitely the PFE122, GR01, BA200, would fit the ticket. Especially the TDKs for that richness.
The GR07 is pretty close in term of sooundsignature and has somewhat punchy bass, open wide soundstage and overall sound coherent and engaging due to slighht warmth and crispness. The other IEMs like RE272, GR01, R-50, Klipsch image X5 and Sony XB3 are great under this budget with good soundquality.
Edited by ZARIM - 3/12/13 at 1:50pm
Some of the suggestions here I think will be somewhat of a disappointment in the bass department.
Don't be fooled about the JVC FXD70 costing $50 on ebay. They are competing with and winning over some of the best in-ears between 100-200 such as the GR07, RE-262, R-50 in overall presentation. Solid bass with nice punch, super clear mids and a very detailed treble, overall balanced presentation with good soundstage and imaging. Not analytical and dry like a single balanced armature R-50, more exciting tone. Then again I though the Spirit One was a bit too flat and bland sounding compared to the Momentum.
- Best IEMs around 100-200$ ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Do I need an amp for my B&O H6 Headphones on a Macbook Air? 21 seconds ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 40 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 45 seconds ago
- › Eximus DP1 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › KIMBER OPT 1 TOSLINK 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)