Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Help Choosing Between 2 IEM's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help Choosing Between 2 IEM's

Poll Results: IEM Decider

 
  • 0% (0)
    Brainwavz M2
  • 0% (0)
    MEElectronics SP51
 
post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

I need new in-ear's since my old CX-400II Precision broke about a week ago (I had them for 2 years or so)
Two choices came to mind:


- Brainwavz M2
- MEElectronics SP51

 

What im looking for:
- great bass (that doesnt bleed into the mids - i know extreme bass setting on SP51 might do this)
- i value good, clear mids/highs

- no distortion

- long lasting cables/housings

 

(p.s. klipsch x10 might be great as you reccomend but i do not want them redface.gif)

 

[SP51 Left ] [ M2's Right]

post #2 of 9
Thread Starter 

help please?

post #3 of 9

I have the sp51's, the bass is very good (I use the silver ports) but I have a lot of fit issues with them that makes getting a proper seal difficult :/

post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post

I have the sp51's, the bass is very good (I use the silver ports) but I have a lot of fit issues with them that makes getting a proper seal difficult :/

ah nice nice! thanks for the info, ill bear that in mind smile.gif

post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 

any more help? :/

post #6 of 9

Completely shutting out any other options? Or open to stuff other than these two?

 

Personally would pick the M2 over the MEElectronics. Bass bleed is there, but it's a warm glaze rather than some sort of veil. The SP51 are just muddy either way. Housings are also much more robust on the M2s, as well as the cable.

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Completely shutting out any other options? Or open to stuff other than these two?

 

Personally would pick the M2 over the MEElectronics. Bass bleed is there, but it's a warm glaze rather than some sort of veil. The SP51 are just muddy either way. Housings are also much more robust on the M2s, as well as the cable.

Yeah because i always get recommended hippo vb which i cant buy in UK, or the klipsch x10 which are way over price range, if theres something similar priced and better, im all earssmile.gif
Thanks, i think i might go for the M2 though!

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by User80916 View Post

Yeah because i always get recommended hippo vb which i cant buy in UK, or the klipsch x10 which are way over price range, if theres something similar priced and better, im all earssmile.gif
Thanks, i think i might go for the M2 though!

If clarity along with bass is sought after, could also look at the E10s. Or the new AT IEMs mentioned on the discovery thread. Have not heard the CKN70s though, but the CKN50, apparently the upper-end model is an upgrade in every sense of the word.

post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 

Something of £75 max! i had a look at Shure SE215 but i dont like the over ear design, i also looked at Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass however filters seemed a major issue..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Help Choosing Between 2 IEM's