Let's get straight to the point. I have the following requirements:
- Good Active Noise Cancellation - I am a student, and travel. I would like my headphones to give me a zen type of feel when I turn on noise cancellation on, even when I am not in the mood to listen to music.
- Need to wear it for long periods of time (6-8 hours at a stretch) - I may or may not be listening to music during that time, but I would like to have my headphone block out most sounds and not make my ears sweaty, uncomfortable, claustophobic etc.
- Sound quality should be good - I listen to classical/orchestra style (Think O Fortuna or Welcome to Jurrassic Park or Legend of Zelda theme!) and occasionally to Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Bob Segar & Pink Floyd and I don't want to disturb others and don't want to hear others as well. I am willing to invest in amp system in addition to the headphones to improve the sound quality.
- Wired/wireless is not an issue, looks are not an issue only performance matters, nothing else. And, also, I don't want to keep reinvesting in AAA batteries often.
- Price budget - upto $350 US (amp system + headphones + any thing else)
I have been looking around this website form past 3 hours and have narrowed it down to
- Bose QC15
- PSB M4U 2
- AKG K490/5 NC
I am my no means a headphone veteran. So if you think any other headphones that would fit better, then please suggest them to me.
Need your suggestion guys! And the general verdict is that Bose QC15 is the best hands down, when it comes to noise cancellation.... So if I go with Bose QC15, what amp goes best with it to get great sound quality (Let's say AKG level awesomeness!)
Edited by anupam kumar1 - 3/10/13 at 1:29am