Someone just pointed me to the Q40s in another thread. I was looking for something fun and cheap to rock out on. For about 99 bucks those are supposedly pretty hard to beat. So you can put me in the "undecided" column at this point.
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productKoss RUK 50P Full-Sized Stereophone with Leatherette Cushions for Enhanced Sound, Pinktagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:16pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Too much competition! What headphones should I get for $100-180? Last post on 4/1/13 at 4:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help for choosing two awesome headphones Last post on 12/14/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False? - Page 2
Poll Results: Are these the best?
35 Total Votespost #16 of 223/10/13 at 2:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 223/10/13 at 2:22pm
I honestly would not count on Skullcandy to release something competitive. It's a huge deal when they release a headphone that sounds ok, even, like the Aviators. But even the Aviators are easily bested by other headphones in the price range.
The big competitors to the M50 are the Ultrasone HFI-580 and Beyerdynamic DT770-80. A lot of people prefer them to the M50's with respect to sound, but some still like the M50's. But it's irrefutable, for instance, that the 770-80's are more comfortable and more durable. So that makes it kind of impossible to prove that the M50's are the best at that price; different headphones have different strengths that appeal to different people.post #18 of 224/18/13 at 2:32pmQuote:
intereestingly I was in between the xb 700 and the M 50 my self and I went the the Xb 700, since then I've never found anything with more Sub Bass quanity and quality combined, but it's an all bass can doesn't do anything other than Dub Step really and I don't even use them as much since I've geown to enjoy quality over quanity by leaps and bounds
Non the less the point here, the M50 are not the best, the best is dependant entirely on your prefrance... they are a good start and I might try with the Creative Aura Live or Q Audio M40 as those can be gotten a little cheaper than the M50, in addition the other question to ask is if your using an Amp or not, some cans need amps other's not as much. if your going for PURE bass then your going to want a cheaper can so you can afford an amp like a Fiio E6 for example
I might also brows the Bass Head Forum and look at all the Sub $150 options and check the For Sale Thread if you can to get an even better deal... OR find a buisness that offers a refund so you can purchase a can and return it if u do ot like it.
Non the less, there is no Best. I suggest you try as many different things as you can and the M50 might be a good start. But it all depends on your preferance!
Also one of my favorite semi neutral can's that r cheap are the koss porta pro, I might buy those and enjoy them till you can possibly save uup for a better can and amppost #19 of 226/3/13 at 3:47am
From what I hear, the Sol Republic Tracks HD offer more bass than the M50s, but the midrange isn't great. However, for Dubstep, and other electronic music, shouldn't be a problem. They're also completely modular and good looking.post #20 of 226/3/13 at 12:42pmpost #21 of 226/28/13 at 9:31amQuote:post #22 of 228/18/13 at 6:44amQuote:Originally Posted by blueangel2323
But if you can try the K550, and it DOES seal, trust me it's amazing :O I like it very much Rusko's WooBoost has such a NASTIER aggressive bass line, it really matches the silly face he makes on the album cover
speaking of which he's on tour in the US currently, doing a set near my in NC. Might have to go see that show!
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones: Best Overall Headphones ~$150. True or False?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › I need help choosing the high-end mp3 player and headphones. 800$... 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › best under $200 over-ear headphones for my needs 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude