Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Monster unveils new £20,000 ($30,000) headphones...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monster unveils new £20,000 ($30,000) headphones...

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

I consider this to be nothing whatsoever to do with audiophilia, but rather playing to the 'more-money-than-sense', 'bling-obsessed' crowd, but make of it what you will:

 

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/monster-unveils-new-£20-000-headphones--162258227.html

post #2 of 18

Those are so expensive so they MUST sound good!!! tongue.gif /s

post #3 of 18
The new standard of the world
post #4 of 18

At least they're being honest about it being sonically identical to the regular diamond tears.

post #5 of 18

To think, all of that money could have gone toward the actual audio...
 

post #6 of 18

Well seems like Beats outdid themselves..... in beating themselves in their own best game.... offering worst sound quality vs price ratio ever, congrats! xD I think no1 will break that record for as long as I live at least.

 

This really starts me thinking of watches...


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/9/13 at 3:19pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekka View Post

To think, all of that money could have gone toward the actual audio...
 

 

...but the audio part is already perfect, it is how the artist intended it to be.  The only improvements can now only be made to the build quality.  biggrin.gif

post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenthumb View Post

 

...but the audio part is already perfect, it is how the artist intended it to be.  The only improvements can now only be made to the build quality.  biggrin.gif

 

Well there is still room for improvements there too, a headphone entirely constructed out of diamonds! xD Pricetag, only $99,999 ! Enter the Diamond Tears PRO.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 3/9/13 at 3:40pm
post #9 of 18
Hmmmm... complete sennheiser Orpheus plus 300 albums oooor this.... tough decision...
post #10 of 18

lol. monster has entered a new level of stupidity.

post #11 of 18

$28000 brandname/designer cost, $1990 material cost, $10 drivers.

post #12 of 18

^ this

post #13 of 18

It's funny that they could have invested enough money in these to create the best sounding headphone driver we've ever seen, and still come out profiting after like two of these sold.

post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

It's funny that they could have invested enough money in these to create the best sounding headphone driver we've ever seen, and still come out profiting after like two of these sold.


Throwing more money at the people at Monster won't make them smarter; just because they have the resources to make a good headphone doesn't mean they're capable of doing so.

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

I consider this to be nothing whatsoever to do with audiophilia, but rather playing to the 'more-money-than-sense', 'bling-obsessed' crowd, but make of it what you will:

 

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/monster-unveils-new-£20-000-headphones--162258227.html

 

I would say that at least anyone who purchases those headphones is getting what they have payed for.

 

However some "audiophiles" will pay £20,000 for an amplifier which probably cost £1,000 to make and has inferior reproduction to a mass produced £500 amplifier.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Monster unveils new £20,000 ($30,000) headphones...