- 10 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Location: Tempe, Arizona
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on Today at 1:11 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH M50X vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro vs Shure SRH840 vs Beyerdynamic DT-770 Last post on 3/25/14 at 2:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need a 250$ headphones instad of my ATH M50 Last post on 2/22/14 at 8:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
ATH-M50: detachable cable mod, help needed!post #1 of 43/9/13 at 1:57pmThread StarterI'm new to Head-Fi and the world of high-grade headphones in general. For about a month now I've owned the fantastic but beginner-level Audio Technica M50's, white with the coiled cable. I must say, the cable is the most inconvenient thing for a portable user. I'm a high school student, and walking through crowded hallways and classrooms doesn't leave much room for my arms to reach the Fiio E11 in my pocket. This would be at least a bit less difficult if the same pocket wasn't full of a long coiled headphone cable, wrapped up around itself. I'm completely inexperienced with the field of wiring and circuitry however, and am not sure what materials/parts to order for the detachable cable mod. Any instructions and suggestions would be immensely appreciated.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 43/11/13 at 6:20pmpost #3 of 43/11/13 at 9:30pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm familiar with the first piece, but of the soldering pins on the rear, which is left, which is right?post #4 of 43/12/13 at 6:56am
The wiring is as follows:
Blue (or Black)-Neg
These are the colors on my set of AT ATH AD700's The posts are a different story. On my mod, the center post is neg, the short post is left and the tall post is right. It should be documented. The connector I purchased fit the existing hole like it was made for it. I purchased mine from Amazon.Com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ML4A2Q/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- ATH-M50: detachable cable mod, help needed!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 17 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Need some new versatile Home 'Studio' cans with a bit more precision 1 minute ago
- › PSVANE Vacuum Tubes 12AU7-T 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG 545 vs Sennheiser Momentum vs Sony MDR 1R 1 minute ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Oppo PM-1, Oppo hit the nail on the head 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Credibility 3 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude