- 23 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Good Portable DAP for use with M4U1 Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An Interview with Paul Barton of PSB and NAD - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/27/15 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good non-leaking over ear headphones for office use (~$400) Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Introduction and Desktop Amp Recommendation Last post on 1/21/15 at 6:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help me find velour earpads for my M4U1 Last post on 1/8/15 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
I was offered to review these for Brainwavz and I agreed. I am not affiliated with the company, and have no bias towards or against them. This review will be my unbiased opinion on...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
Any info on the PSB M4U 1?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I came across this one just today - Looks good.
Haha hey bud. Yeah I know a little bit. I actually had a pretty long conversation with a guy at Crutchfield about them. Thats actually one of the few places you can actually find them. Anyway, the guy i talked to had used them both. He said, basically, that the two headphones had the same sound signature. The only difference being the 2 has an amp and noise canceling build in. Now the thing is how much is that worth to you. I mean, if you have your own external amp already, or plan to you could actually have better sound quality (he said that, and i totally agree with his logic). Typically there's about a $100 USD difference between the two. Honestly, if it were me, and i didn't have any equipment, I'd buy the 1 and a basic amp/dac (think E10) and have a nice little set up. Honestly, I'm seriously considering buying the 1 as an open box from crutchfield and saving a few bucks.
Hope that all helps. Just note, I've never heard this can in person. But I've heard so many stellar things about its neutrality. And beyond just stellar things, I've heard these things from respected head fi members not "so guys, like, this is my first review, uhhhhhhhhhh......" Hahaha, good luck my friend.
- Any info on the PSB M4U 1?
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 39 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 2 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by jasonb
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2