- 23 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productPSB M4U 1tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- PSB M4U1 vs. NAD VISO HP50 Last post on 3/11/14 at 4:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help buying $200-$300 Headphone. Last post on 12/20/13 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for under $350 give or take some. Last post on 12/8/13 at 1:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do you think I should get one pair of HiFiMan HE-400s, or a pair each of the Sennheiser HD598 AND... Last post on 11/6/13 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Synergy of hifi m8 DAC/AMP and PSB M4U cans Last post on 1/1/14 at 8:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
This review is based on the brief time I had the X5 as part of the UK tour. I am not going in the facts, like spec, what's in the box etc, we all know that by now. This is all my...
Any info on the PSB M4U 1?post #1 of 163/9/13 at 1:17amThread StarterDoes anyone know anything about this headset? Own it? Have listened to it? I can see the awesome reviews the PSB M4U 2 has obtained and not needing noise cancelling I am thinking about getting the new 1's. I live in fairly remote Australia though and have no opportunity to listen, I can not find any full reviews for this new headset yet. So anyone know anything?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 163/9/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #3 of 163/10/13 at 7:45pmThread Starterpost #4 of 163/11/13 at 2:23pmThread Starterpost #5 of 163/12/13 at 2:01amThread Starterpost #6 of 163/12/13 at 4:02pmThread Starterpost #7 of 163/15/13 at 1:51amThread Starterpost #8 of 163/15/13 at 3:32pmThread Starterpost #9 of 163/15/13 at 11:37pmThread Starterpost #10 of 163/17/13 at 2:16ampost #11 of 163/18/13 at 2:19amThread StarterQuote:Comes out in Australia in a week? O.o But I got mine last Tuesday!! HahaOriginally Posted by kjay83
I came across this one just today - Looks good.
http://www.latestcrunchs.com/psb-m4u-1-review-quality-sound-without-the-price-tag/post #12 of 163/23/13 at 6:58pmThread Starterpost #13 of 163/23/13 at 7:09pm
Haha hey bud. Yeah I know a little bit. I actually had a pretty long conversation with a guy at Crutchfield about them. Thats actually one of the few places you can actually find them. Anyway, the guy i talked to had used them both. He said, basically, that the two headphones had the same sound signature. The only difference being the 2 has an amp and noise canceling build in. Now the thing is how much is that worth to you. I mean, if you have your own external amp already, or plan to you could actually have better sound quality (he said that, and i totally agree with his logic). Typically there's about a $100 USD difference between the two. Honestly, if it were me, and i didn't have any equipment, I'd buy the 1 and a basic amp/dac (think E10) and have a nice little set up. Honestly, I'm seriously considering buying the 1 as an open box from crutchfield and saving a few bucks.
Hope that all helps. Just note, I've never heard this can in person. But I've heard so many stellar things about its neutrality. And beyond just stellar things, I've heard these things from respected head fi members not "so guys, like, this is my first review, uhhhhhhhhhh......" Hahaha, good luck my friend.post #14 of 164/8/13 at 8:13pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any info on the PSB M4U 1?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 10 seconds ago
- › Budget PC audio - $150-$300 50 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › cleaning spray 2 minutes ago
- › CanOpener? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › Cowon EM1 In-Earphone by vaibhavp
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude