Are the MrSpeakers MadDogs any good?
- productAKG K 550tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productAKG Q701Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productGrado SR325stagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement for Grado SR325is? Last post on 1/7/13 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for female vocals that span many genres? (Up to ~$400) [Paired with O2/ODAC] Last post on 1/6/13 at 10:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones ~$100-250 with good soundstage for most genres, but mainly metal? Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
Best open headphone? - Page 2
Poll Results: Best Open Headphone for classic rock/heavy rock?This is a multiple choice poll
10 Total Votespost #16 of 253/9/13 at 8:20amThread Starter
30% (3)AKG Q701
30% (3)Grado SR325is
30% (3)Grado SR225i
0% (0)HiFiMAN HE-300
10% (1)Sennheiser HD-598
0% (0)AKG K550
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 253/9/13 at 9:16am
Grados and tape mod the earpad cushions would be my recommendation.
IF however you are willing to amp and source up the K701/2.... you can build up a K701 rig to go toe to toe with Grados in a moderately amped/sourced rig.
Edited by kramer5150 - 3/9/13 at 9:18ampost #18 of 253/9/13 at 9:17am
I liked them when I demo'd them at the last bay area meet.
But... they are still closed cans, and have that enclosed envelope kind of sound.post #19 of 253/9/13 at 9:20ampost #20 of 253/9/13 at 9:55am
Music Series Two Transducer type: Dynamic Operating principle: Open air Frequency response: 18 - 24K Hz SPL lmV: 100 Nominal impedance: 32 Ohms Driver match db: 0.05 Features: - Vented diaphragm
- Aluminum air chamber
- UHPLC voice coil wire
- UHPLC connecting cord
Price: $ 299.00
Grado SR325i:Tranducer typedynamicOperating principleopen airFrequency Response18-24SPL 1mW98Normal Impedance32ohmsDriver matched db.05post #21 of 253/9/13 at 10:22ampost #22 of 253/9/13 at 11:06amThread Starterpost #23 of 253/9/13 at 11:23ampost #24 of 253/9/13 at 8:20pmThread Starter
- Best open headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 10 seconds ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 52 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › I need to replace my earphone pads, help? 2 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude