Are the MrSpeakers MadDogs any good?
- productAKG K 550tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productGrado SR325stagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by jacksonchansf, 3/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Replacement for Grado SR325is? Last post on 1/7/13 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best Headphones in my price range? Last post on 4/29/13 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Very Specific and Challenging Question- Headphones for Old Classical Music recording Last post on 1/10/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best open headphone? - Page 2
Poll Results: Best Open Headphone for classic rock/heavy rock?
27% of voters (3)HD-600
27% of voters (3)AKG Q701
27% of voters (3)Grado SR325is
27% of voters (3)Grado SR225i
0% of voters (0)HiFiMAN HE-300
18% of voters (2)Sennheiser HD-598
0% of voters (0)AKG K550
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Grados and tape mod the earpad cushions would be my recommendation.
IF however you are willing to amp and source up the K701/2.... you can build up a K701 rig to go toe to toe with Grados in a moderately amped/sourced rig.
Edited by kramer5150 - 3/9/13 at 9:18am
I liked them when I demo'd them at the last bay area meet.
But... they are still closed cans, and have that enclosed envelope kind of sound.
|Music Series Two|
|Operating principle:||Open air|
|Frequency response:||18 - 24K Hz|
|Nominal impedance:||32 Ohms|
|Driver match db:||0.05|
|Features:||- Vented diaphragm
- Aluminum air chamber
- UHPLC voice coil wire
- UHPLC connecting cord
- Best open headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 12 seconds ago
- › Stax 727 Voltage Conversion 100 to 117 (Help) 1 minute ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Chi Unify 9 when and where? 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › [Headphone Help] Looking for a follow-up to the ATH-M50. Preferably... 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2