24/192 balanced DAC, 2 amps and 5 preamps: PreSonus Central Station-Benchmark DAC1 alternative
Will Ship To: ConUSA
Price lowered to $289 shipped to your door within ConUSA. This offer is only for serious buyer who can paypal quickly.
I will consider the best offer above $230, so feel free to PM. You may get a short reply of "yes", "no" or a counter offer.
This is a professional studio DAC/amp/pre that is similar to Benchmark DAC1 or Lavry DA10. This is not your hyped-up consumer / "audiophool" gear.
New retail price is around $500-600 with a remote control. My unit is without remote control. I would like to get $289 back to my pocket. PayPal fee and ConUS shipping, which will add around $24 additionally, will be buyer's responsibility. No international shipping, unless you have lots of positive feedbacks and are paying extra shipping.
This unit has been compared to Benchmark DAC1 at Headfi and prefered by some Headfiers:
Full official description can be found here:
Briefly, the unit has:
1) a 24/192 DAC with coaxial and optical inputs and 115 dBu dynamic range;
2) two independent headphone amplifiers, each having its independent volume control.
Both are transparent and neutral without being bright/harsh. They produce no hiss with my custom BA IEMs (Westone ES3Xs) and are powerful enough to drive my LCD-2s and Beyer DT880/600 ohms.
3) 5 state-of-the-art passive preamps (3 "speaker", 1 "main" and 1 "cue"). I have tested its preamp function with FristWatt F2 amp and LCD-2s. It is noise-free and has very good volume control.
4) passive audio path: no op amps or ICs.
5) more balanced/unbalance inputs/outputs than most audiophile may need
6) a LED peak meter
7) microphone talk-back control
Reason for selling is because I am going all portable (with baby/family/work/exams, no time to sit down and use stationary gear). This is actually my last piece of stationary gear, because I like it the best (for its value and features). Before it, I have sold a FisrtWatt F2 amp, an AMB Gamma2 DAC and a AMB Beta22 amp.
This unit is working 100% but has quite some cosmetic scratches. I will upload photos in a few days.
I am only willing to consider the following trades (plus or minus PayPal cash):
1) a 3TB SATA hard drive;
2) a Win7 i3 laptop with >=14'' screen, HDMI, >=4 hrs of battery life and Office Preloaded; Or a Win7 i3 desktop server or parts;
please see here for details: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676321/your-win7-i3-laptop-for-my-24-192-balanced-dac-amp-pre#post_9695457
3) a TDK Boombox 2
Please buy with confidence: I am an established Headfier with 71 / 100% positive feedback.
My new feedback can be found here
Old feedback here:
Thank you for your interest.
Edited by zzffnn - 8/28/13 at 8:42am