Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Great Global Warming a.k.a "Climate Change" Thread and The "Science" Behind It...... Conspiracy Theory or Fact???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Great Global Warming a.k.a "Climate Change" Thread and The "Science" Behind It......... - Page 3  

post #31 of 51

So let me get this straight, you want us to watch a film because it has a professor from MIT, but you roll your eyes at reports from the IPCC, which includes data from just about every scientific body in the world.  We have people talking about the sun, the ice age and volcanoes, and climate gate stuff that are all debunked over and over and over in the link I provided, so I don't really see how I, or anyone else for that matter, could convince you of anything you don't already believe.

post #32 of 51
The universe has a simple solution: Evolve or die.
post #33 of 51
The International Organization of Global Warming cancelled their conference in Olso, Norway due to an unexpected blizzard ( 4/08 ).Al Gore was on a ski trip and he could not be reached....LOL. Feb 10th 2010, a Global Warming conference in Washington, DC was postponed due to inclement weather. Again, Al Gore was not available ... March 6th,2013, Hill hearing on Global warming was cancelled due to blizzard in DC....
post #34 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post

It's funny that in 1,000AD the earth temp was warm enough that Greenland was able to grow grapes and olives.
In  circa 1400AD  the Thames river froze over 4 years running.

What caused that?

I am old enough to remember when all the climate modellers said we're going into another ice age.

1,000 AD can easily be explained:
while the Egyptians were building pyramids (assisted by a benevolent alien race of course) the Vikings were sailing to Greenland using diesel powered ships. The diesel emissions caused the temperature to rise. JFK was murdered because he was going to present concrete evidence of all this to the UN.

Seriously, I do remember the next ice age scare.
What happened?
Did the climatologists get better at modelling the earth's climate?
The Global Warming crew has a better PR firm?
I'm no expert, but it does appear to me that there is no real consensus amongst the experts.
And I don't see how Al Gore is an expert.
Edited by Chris J - 3/7/13 at 5:32am
post #35 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbug View Post

So let me get this straight, you want us to watch a film because it has a professor from MIT, but you roll your eyes at reports from the IPCC, which includes data from just about every scientific body in the world.  We have people talking about the sun, the ice age and volcanoes, and climate gate stuff that are all debunked over and over and over in the link I provided, so I don't really see how I, or anyone else for that matter, could convince you of anything you don't already believe.

LoL why do you keep focusing on that MIT professor angle??? I just pointed that out as a simple rebuttal to that not a "smidgen" of import by the other poster. How can you dismiss it all if there are other prominent climate exports that has dissenting views albeit in the "small minority," which deviates from the so called "scientific consensus" of man made global warming.

 

You see, why was the IPCC created in the 1st place and for what purpose??? It could indeed "include" data from just about every scientific body of the world, BUT it was created with the sole objective to prove that global warming is the result of human CO2 activity. Climate-gate might be "officially exonerated" but it does show that not all dissenting views/ scientific evidence in which does not go along with their monolithic narrative was welcomed, cherry picking anyone??? Just for the record i don't give a hoot what the "official" majority narrative tells us to think or believe, just like the scientific consensus on man made global warming. These so called "experts" are not free of group think/ pressure even though they might try to give it a scientific spin of legitimacy.  Kinda off topic, but 9/11 being an great example of this. How can 2 airplanes obliterate 3 buildings in free fall speed during that fateful day. Building 7 anyone??? CONSPIRACY THEORIST!!! Just getting this outta the way for all of you'll. Sadly I just don't know how to do mental gymnastics to explain all those anomalies. The official narrative of this tragedy and the export opinions backing this ultimate conspiracy theory with their so call science is a total joke.

 

And you don't have to try to convince me of anything, i use to be in that trendy liberal greenie camp that believes humans were so awful because we are killing the earth with all our pollution and technology, but then i realized how naive this simplistic view was.    

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

The universe has a simple solution: Evolve or die.

LoL, OK, kinda agree there but....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDOAN View Post

The International Organization of Global Warming cancelled their conference in Olso, Norway due to an unexpected blizzard ( 4/08 ).Al Gore was on a ski trip and he could not be reached....LOL. Feb 10th 2010, a Global Warming conference in Washington, DC was postponed due to inclement weather. Again, Al Gore was not available ... March 6th,2013, Hill hearing on Global warming was cancelled due to blizzard in DC....

                                                        .....................................your point being???

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post


1,000 AD can easily be explained:
while the Egyptians were building pyramids (assisted by a benevolent alien race of course) the Vikings were sailing to Greenland using diesel powered ships. The diesel emissions caused the temperature to rise. JFK was murdered because he was going to present concrete evidence of all this to the UN.

Seriously, I do remember the next ice age scare.
What happened?
Did the climatologists get better at modelling the earth's climate?
The Global Warming crew has a better PR firm?
I'm no expert, but it does appear to me that there is no real consensus amongst the experts.
And I don't see how Al Gore is an expert.

LMAO love the humor, couldn't agree more. Climate science/ mapping seems to be just in its infancy and those fancy models can never take in all the intricacies of the real world. 

 

Man made global warming is far from a real consensus, but we are just constantly made to believe that it is so. Al Gore is a politician nuff said, and we all know what they do best.


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/7/13 at 11:50am
post #36 of 51

Let's continue this discussion here instead

 

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=2400

post #37 of 51

lol christians

post #38 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbug View Post

Let's continue this discussion here instead

 

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=2400

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post

lol christians


^ Damn looks like i got busted, my secret hideout has been discovered. wink_face.gif Christians <3s

 

On a serious note, sure is classy of you to resort to such ad hominem tactics.  This Young Turks clip pretty much sums up what i wants to say.

  ....... nuff said.

 

I imagine you as that chick with her "mainstream.... fact based" worldly views of things, while i am like that old dood in the middle with his lowly conspiracy theories. "Math, data, facts science" oh that's how we liberal view the world, though we also have a left corporate slant, but say what? What Building 7, magic bullet theory??? HAHAHA!!! I dare you to debunk the free fall of Building 7, cuz that is the smoking gun to 9/11. But i guess it's more "complicated than that" and my little mind can't grasp all the facts, data, etc.....

 

She so kool and trendy with her lip piercings, tats, and those funky bracelets, i too can play that personal attack game. How liberal and wordly of you.

 

Was that link to a Christian anti global warming forum supposed to be a smart crack or something, LoL. See i don't ever mess with other peoples religious beliefs, people believe in what they believe cuz freedom of religion is why this country was founded upon in the 1st place. People with deep spiritual beliefs can also believe in evolution, and scientific evidence as well. So this addresses our poster Pudus quote below regarding the two.

 

"Like with evolution and creation, pretending that both sides deserve serious consideration is the last refuge of a side which needlessly cannot accept an overwhelming body of scientifically accepted evidence. Only here we are switching faith for finance."

 

Also, there was some stuff in that Christian anti global warming forum talking about UFO's etc which supposedly paint them as nuts or something. And i think that was what you were trying to convey with that link/ comment above. But let me ask you a logical question. This universe is so vast, wouldn't it be kinda hubris of us to think we are the only intelligent life forms out there??? Use you liberal data/ math/ science to consider how huge the possibilities of other lifeforms could be out there. Not saying that i think green looking aliens as depicted in movies are true, but just for consideration maybe just maybe that we are not the only living things around in this vast unknown stretches of space, no??? 

 

/ rant.


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/7/13 at 6:12pm
post #39 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 


^ Damn looks like i got busted, my secret hideout has been discovered. wink_face.gif Christians <3s

 

On a serious note, sure is classy of you to resort to such ad hominem tactics.  This Young Turks clip pretty much sums up what i wants to say.

  ....... nuff said.

 

I imagine you as that chick with her "mainstream.... fact based" worldly views of things, while i am like that old dood in the middle with his lowly conspiracy theories. "Math, data, facts science" oh that's how we liberal view the world, though we also have a left corporate slant, but say what? What Building 7, magic bullet theory??? HAHAHA!!! I dare you to debunk the free fall of Building 7, cuz that is the smoking gun to 9/11. But i guess it's more "complicated than that" and my little mind can't grasp all the facts, data, etc.....

 

She so kool and trendy with her lip piercings, tats, and those funky bracelets, i too can play that personal attack game. How liberal and wordly of you.

 

Was that link to a Christian anti global warming forum supposed to be a smart crack or something, LoL. See i don't ever mess with other peoples religious beliefs, people believe in what they believe cuz freedom of religion is why this country was founded upon in the 1st place. People with deep spiritual beliefs can also believe in evolution, and scientific evidence as well. So this addresses our poster Pudus quote below regarding the two.

 

"Like with evolution and creation, pretending that both sides deserve serious consideration is the last refuge of a side which needlessly cannot accept an overwhelming body of scientifically accepted evidence. Only here we are switching faith for finance."

 

Also, there was some stuff in that Christian anti global warming forum talking about UFO's etc which supposedly paint them as nuts or something. And i think that was what you were trying to convey with that link/ comment above. But let me ask you a logical question. This universe is so vast, wouldn't it be kinda hubris of us to think we are the only intelligent life forms out there??? Use you liberal data/ math/ science to consider how huge the possibilities of other lifeforms could be out there. Not saying that i think green looking aliens as depicted in movies are true, but just for consideration maybe just maybe that we are not the only living things around in this vast unknown stretches of space, no??? 

 

/ rant.

statistic/probablity can prove that other intelligent life should exist somewhere not necessarily reachable for communication but it should exist...maybe the penguins? maybe they are using antarctica's isolation for better reception from their homeland, plotting some invasion or just keeping us in check

post #40 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamijoIsMyHero View Post

statistic/probablity can prove that other intelligent life should exist somewhere not necessarily reachable for communication but it should exist...maybe the penguins? maybe they are using antarctica's isolation for better reception from their homeland, plotting some invasion or just keeping us in check


YES YES YES!!! IT ALL CONNECTS NOW, THOSE DEVIOUS PENGUINS!!! rolleyes.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/7/13 at 6:32pm
post #41 of 51

I don't think you understand what that baptist church forum really is.  Also ad hominem attacks?  You already said 9/11 was an inside job.


Edited by macbug - 3/7/13 at 10:30pm
post #42 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbug View Post

I don't think you understand what that baptist church forum really is.  Also ad hominem attacks?  You already said 9/11 was an inside job.


LoL, i really don't know what that baptist church forum is since i am not religious at all, so do care to inform. When did i say overtly that 9/11 was an inside job. I just posted some of the anomalies that took place during that fateful day. Well tbh the US government at minimum knew what was gonna happen that day ahead of time but "fail" to do anything about, at minimum. Even mainstream liberals such a Michael Moore admits to this in his whitewashed 9/11 movie, man and i use to admire the dood such much, sigh. Blowing for Columbine is still his best work and is a classic, but the guy is such a tool nowadays.

post #43 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

LoL why do you keep focusing on that MIT professor angle??? I just pointed that out as a simple rebuttal to that not a "smidgen" of import by the other poster. How can you dismiss it all if there are other prominent climate exports that has dissenting views albeit in the "small minority," which deviates from the so called "scientific consensus" of man made global warming.

 

You see, why was the IPCC created in the 1st place and for what purpose??? It could indeed "include" data from just about every scientific body of the world, BUT it was created with the sole objective to prove that global warming is the result of human CO2 activity. Climate-gate might be "officially exonerated" but it does show that not all dissenting views/ scientific evidence in which does not go along with their monolithic narrative was welcomed, cherry picking anyone??? Just for the record i don't give a hoot what the "official" majority narrative tells us to think or believe, just like the scientific consensus on man made global warming. These so called "experts" are not free of group think/ pressure even though they might try to give it a scientific spin of legitimacy.  Kinda off topic, but 9/11 being an great example of this. How can 2 airplanes obliterate 3 buildings in free fall speed during that fateful day. Building 7 anyone??? CONSPIRACY THEORIST!!! Just getting this outta the way for all of you'll. Sadly I just don't know how to do mental gymnastics to explain all those anomalies. The official narrative of this tragedy and the export opinions backing this ultimate conspiracy theory with their so call science is a total joke.

 

And you don't have to try to convince me of anything, i use to be in that trendy liberal greenie camp that believes humans were so awful because we are killing the earth with all our pollution and technology, but then i realized how naive this simplistic view was.    

LoL, OK, kinda agree there but....

 

                                                        .....................................your point being???

 

LMAO love the humor, couldn't agree more. Climate science/ mapping seems to be just in its infancy and those fancy models can never take in all the intricacies of the real world. 

 

Man made global warming is far from a real consensus, but we are just constantly made to believe that it is so. Al Gore is a politician nuff said, and we all know what they do best.


My point is very simple, sir. I do not buy into any of those BS but it's me. I cannot afford to make Al Gore any richer as he is right now. It's a HOAX, period.

post #44 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDOAN View Post


My point is very simple, sir. I do not buy into any of those BS but it's me. I cannot afford to make Al Gore any richer as he is right now. It's a HOAX, period.


^ nuff said. beerchug.gif

post #45 of 51
Thread Starter 

Welp i am just gonna be blunt here. I know as well as you'll it is pointless to argue if today's global warming is entirely man made or not. I can't change the minds of the "believers" nor can you believers convince us "heretics."  But what i know is that via what we "consume" we all can change this world for the better or worse. It is really that simple in fact, vote with your money and our choices can literally change this world overnight. There is no escape from politics, since every little thing we do in this world is political. So at the end of the day it literally boils down to what we consume or "eat." 

 

Therefore for me the most important and pressing environmental issue today is GMOs and Monsantos attempt to basically patent the very substance which gives life. Unlike the global warming issue, rather you think it's true or not is so massive in scope and in which requires a collective international effort to even attempt to curtail it, the issue of GMOs can be solved by the individual.  Simple acts of boycotting GMOs on the personal level and by supporting local businesses, buying locally grown organic or natural foods regularly can already have immense positive affects on the environment. The film below dramatizes the dangers of the introduction and infestation of GMOs into the global food market, and the unintentionally as well as intentional consequences this has already have on our environment.

 


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/11/13 at 12:20am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The Great Global Warming a.k.a "Climate Change" Thread and The "Science" Behind It...... Conspiracy Theory or Fact???