I got a "Electric Avenues PA2V2" for my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II. Works well on the bus.
At home I have a pair of Sennheiser 580. I relize that the Electric Avenue is not strong enough to drive them.... When I connect to an old receiver's headphone out they really start to sound good!
I'm looking around for a headphone amp whith specs something like this:
- Good power to drive the HD 580
- I mainly listen to jazz, so clean sound. But should deliver clear strong bass when needed.
- To be used stationary most of the time, permanently plugged in to 220V.
- But I also want the option to have run on batteries
- Size can be a little bit bigger than the Electric Avenue
- To be driven by Ipod gen 5 240 GB/Rockbox, mainly FLAC
- DAC etc not required. In/output, power, volume is enough
- 100-150 USD maybe. Or used on ebay maybe?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.