or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Bass Headphones in The World
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Bass Headphones in The World - Page 7

post #91 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

HE-6 and TH-900.

+1

post #92 of 197

I think the LCD3 has the best bass.  It is extremely detailed yet one of the most forgiving of poor source, the best slam I've ever heard, never encroaches on the midrange.  I'd even go so far to say perfect bass.  I have never heard any headphone or speaker than even comes close.

 

I love my HD800s for alot of reasons, but not their bass.  The HD800 has detailed, quick, thin sounding, delicate bass that lacks slam and has a mediocre extension relative to the LCDs.  HD800s certainly aren't known on these forums for their bass and IME is trumped by alot of headphones over >1k.  I'd certainly question someone's ears if they regarded HD800s bass as the best.  Its like saying the AKG K701 has best bass in its class.

post #93 of 197
I made a pair of headphones with such bass you could hear the plastic shell creaking with no amplification i beleve the Lafayette Model F-990 will be the best most headphones drivers are 50mm to 60mm the Lafayette Model F-990 have 88.7mm drivers
post #94 of 197

oh my godd... I wish I could getta pair of TH900. they sound like a dream... a slightly bassheader's dream :rolleyes:

post #95 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

I know what I heard. The measurements prove it. You all just can't accept that your headphone isn't perfect. If you love it and enjoy its sound then that's your prerogative, more power to you. That doesn't change the fact that it's objectively worse than something else, and the HD800 falls short in the areas I mentioned, especially bass. The rolloff starts too early and it's too loose and uncontrolled compared to other headphones near its pricerange. Tyll's measurements prove this.

So what others say is opinion, but what you say is objective fact?

Their headphone isn't perfect but yours is?

rolleyes.gif
post #96 of 197

The best basshead headphones in the world for me are the Sony MDR-X10 headphones.

 

Keep in mind I havn't tried the V-moda headphones or the Ultrasone Pro900s. Those Sony MDR-X10s definately have more bass and more clear and accurate sounding than beats however which I have tried.

post #97 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassheadnightsc View Post

I made a pair of headphones with such bass you could hear the plastic shell creaking with no amplification i beleve the Lafayette Model F-990 will be the best most headphones drivers are 50mm to 60mm the Lafayette Model F-990 have 88.7mm drivers

More info please.............where are they available? Interesting.
post #98 of 197

I like the XB500s, and they are pretty EQ-flexible for even more bass if you want it. Good deal too, I got mine at $60 even when they were discontinued.

post #99 of 197

Chiming in for the Sony MDR-XB1000s.

I have yet to hear anything better for dubstep, especially at the price range.

No it isn't the most controlled bass but I don't listen to dubstep the way I listen to other genres so the accuracy isn't as important.

If bass is horsepower these cans are drag cars.

Properly amped these will shake your skull and rattle your teeth the way a good club setup will.

post #100 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisius View Post
 

Chiming in for the Sony MDR-XB1000s.

I have yet to hear anything better for dubstep, especially at the price range.

No it isn't the most controlled bass but I don't listen to dubstep the way I listen to other genres so the accuracy isn't as important.

If bass is horsepower these cans are drag cars.

Properly amped these will shake your skull and rattle your teeth the way a good club setup will.

 

You mean those car tires from Sony? I want them. Bad. Like really bad. The XB-1000s are probably the best bass-head headphones out there.

post #101 of 197

Beats

post #102 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickGlasses View Post
 

Beats

errmygawd..

post #103 of 197

I was thinking the same thing... Not the greatest pairs of headphones around, and to be honest, I almost get sick of looking at them.

post #104 of 197

For sub bass the XB920 (MDR-X10) kill anything I've heard prior (XB500, XB700, XB1000 and DT770/80)


Edited by Docks - 12/17/13 at 1:18pm
post #105 of 197

I'd have to agree with whoever said about EQ'ing... without doubt it can take what you thought wasn't possible to wow, on my hd-650's when I first got them paired with my new amp balanced I was like what bass?  Are they the most bassey I'd assume not, but without eq it felt like I was robbed by peoples reviews.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Bass Headphones in The World