- 5,191 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 3/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- how can i input music to the DX100 / Hdp-r10 with Mac OS X?! Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso still in business ? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ibasso dx100 vs CLAS DB + Rx MK3 B Last post on 2/13/14 at 10:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DX100 with PB2 impressions ? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Acoustic Research Mysterious New Audiophile DAP - Page 2post #16 of 1393/4/13 at 8:12amThread StarterDo you know anything about that DAC chip though ? I might just buy the damn thing buy it is so !!!*** expensive....I would love to have a smaller rig and no touchscreen though..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1393/4/13 at 8:15ampost #18 of 1393/4/13 at 8:18ampost #19 of 1393/4/13 at 8:18amThread StarterI do not mean to defend it as I do not have any incentive, but the store said they might put out a 64 GB version...anyways the only true test is the sound. So I would.have to go back and convince them to let me put my music on it and A B with my DX100 plus T1...and all that in Chinese...wish me good luck.post #20 of 1393/4/13 at 8:18ampost #21 of 1393/4/13 at 8:20amThread Starterpost #22 of 1393/4/13 at 8:30ampost #23 of 1393/4/13 at 8:31ampost #24 of 1393/4/13 at 8:43am
No problem , I used to stare at how stuff converts before knowing about Yuan symbol being the same as Yen either , doesn't help that even with changed symbol most seller keep using the old Yuan. I have interest in the player, seems rather thin, and my collection is only 10 gb now , and would probably reach 32 gb way way laterpost #25 of 1393/4/13 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #26 of 1393/4/13 at 9:09am
Sad to see what has become of the AR brand. They were once huge, and they stood for absolute quality. Henry Kloss helped to perfect the acoustic suspension loudspeaker after founding AR. AR speakers were the pinnacle for decades.
Now look at them!post #27 of 1393/4/13 at 11:13ampost #28 of 1393/4/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
I just know that if I had one, it would only be a matter of time before I added a supplemental power bank to the stack - which then kills the thinness.
Hmm, I hope not. How hot must it have been for them to add cooling vents right?
Yes, please do. Much appreciated!post #29 of 1393/4/13 at 5:12pmThread StarterQuote:
What do you mean ?post #30 of 1393/4/13 at 5:51pm
What do I mean?
I mean that this can't have been Henry Kloss' dream for the company he founded, making cheap power strips and wireless speakers in China, everything they sell reeks of mid-fi!
If this DAP turns out to be a real product, it will be the highest quality thing currently being peddled by AR. The company that ruled the roost in the Hi-Fi world for decades.
That's what I mean.
- Acoustic Research Mysterious New Audiophile DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- iBasso DX100 Reference DAPNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Upgrade my Amp or upgrade the DAC for warmer sound? Recommendations... 21 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650s 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › AK120 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude