- 5,334 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 3/6/14
Related Forum Threads
- cleaning spray with my ibasso dx100 Last post on 3/15/14 at 4:08pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- how can i input music to the DX100 / Hdp-r10 with Mac OS X?! Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso still in business ? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ibasso dx100 vs CLAS DB + Rx MK3 B Last post on 2/13/14 at 10:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Acoustic Research Mysterious New Audiophile DAP - Page 2post #16 of 1413/4/13 at 8:12amThread StarterDo you know anything about that DAC chip though ? I might just buy the damn thing buy it is so !!!*** expensive....I would love to have a smaller rig and no touchscreen though..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1413/4/13 at 8:15ampost #18 of 1413/4/13 at 8:18ampost #19 of 1413/4/13 at 8:18amThread StarterI do not mean to defend it as I do not have any incentive, but the store said they might put out a 64 GB version...anyways the only true test is the sound. So I would.have to go back and convince them to let me put my music on it and A B with my DX100 plus T1...and all that in Chinese...wish me good luck.post #20 of 1413/4/13 at 8:18ampost #21 of 1413/4/13 at 8:20amThread Starterpost #22 of 1413/4/13 at 8:30ampost #23 of 1413/4/13 at 8:31ampost #24 of 1413/4/13 at 8:43am
No problem , I used to stare at how stuff converts before knowing about Yuan symbol being the same as Yen either , doesn't help that even with changed symbol most seller keep using the old Yuan. I have interest in the player, seems rather thin, and my collection is only 10 gb now , and would probably reach 32 gb way way laterpost #25 of 1413/4/13 at 8:45amThread Starterpost #26 of 1413/4/13 at 9:09am
Sad to see what has become of the AR brand. They were once huge, and they stood for absolute quality. Henry Kloss helped to perfect the acoustic suspension loudspeaker after founding AR. AR speakers were the pinnacle for decades.
Now look at them!post #27 of 1413/4/13 at 11:13ampost #28 of 1413/4/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
I just know that if I had one, it would only be a matter of time before I added a supplemental power bank to the stack - which then kills the thinness.
Hmm, I hope not. How hot must it have been for them to add cooling vents right?
Yes, please do. Much appreciated!post #29 of 1413/4/13 at 5:12pmThread StarterQuote:
What do you mean ?post #30 of 1413/4/13 at 5:51pm
What do I mean?
I mean that this can't have been Henry Kloss' dream for the company he founded, making cheap power strips and wireless speakers in China, everything they sell reeks of mid-fi!
If this DAP turns out to be a real product, it will be the highest quality thing currently being peddled by AR. The company that ruled the roost in the Hi-Fi world for decades.
That's what I mean.
- Acoustic Research Mysterious New Audiophile DAP
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Headphone Sightings 2 16 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 16 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 59 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › FS GoldRing DR150 BRAND NEW,SEALED 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob