Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SRH-840 vs ATH-m50 vs ATH-a700x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SRH-840 vs ATH-m50 vs ATH-a700x

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

Recently my Sony mdr-xd200 broke (had them since 2005) and am in the market for new headphones; Since they were the only headphones I've owned for indoor use, my knowledge in this area is quite limited and would like to request for assistance in this area. I will be using them only on my pc (no outdoors at all) and mainly for movies, music, and occasionally gaming.

 

For music, I usually listen to jazz, rock, and movie orchestra type music (lord of the rings, bass type of stuff, etc).

 

I came across these available in some stores and was wondering what would be best. My budget is up to $300 total. I've heard good reviews for all, but am wondering anyways.

 

 

Thanks

post #2 of 5
Thread Starter 

Bump

post #3 of 5

The M50's are more bass oriented of the three models you posted, while the 840's have a balanced sound/revealing with a decent bass response. 

I dont know much about the 700x but from what i know, they are on the light side of bass. 

post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by j123 View Post

Recently my Sony mdr-xd200 broke (had them since 2005) and am in the market for new headphones; Since they were the only headphones I've owned for indoor use, my knowledge in this area is quite limited and would like to request for assistance in this area. I will be using them only on my pc (no outdoors at all) and mainly for movies, music, and occasionally gaming.

 

For music, I usually listen to jazz, rock, and movie orchestra type music (lord of the rings, bass type of stuff, etc).

 

I came across these available in some stores and was wondering what would be best. My budget is up to $300 total. I've heard good reviews for all, but am wondering anyways.

 

 

Thanks

 

Heya,

 

I'd look into:

 

Mr Speaker Mad Dog with Alpha Pads

AudioTechnica A900X

AudioTechnica AD900X

Hifiman HE-300

Beyer DT880 32ohm~250ohm

Beyer DT770 PRO LE 32ohm~25ohm

Sony MA900

Ultrasone HFI 2400

Ultrasone PRO 750

 

Very best,

post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorgan View Post

The M50's are more bass oriented of the three models you posted, while the 840's have a balanced sound/revealing with a decent bass response. 

I dont know much about the 700x but from what i know, they are on the light side of bass.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post

 

Heya,

 

I'd look into:

 

Mr Speaker Mad Dog with Alpha Pads

AudioTechnica A900X

AudioTechnica AD900X

Hifiman HE-300

Beyer DT880 32ohm~250ohm

Beyer DT770 PRO LE 32ohm~25ohm

Sony MA900

Ultrasone HFI 2400

Ultrasone PRO 750

 

Very best,

 

 

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for the recommendations. I'll check them out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SRH-840 vs ATH-m50 vs ATH-a700x