I Can't decide which to get and i'd love to be able to try them but i cant so i'm here to ask for your opinion on the headphones I love the bass on the Beats Solos Hd and the sounds it makes. Will The Sol Republic Ultra Tracks offer me the same Sound as the Beats solo Hd's? or even better
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by nightmancometh, 6/29/14
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by nightmancometh, 6/29/14
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 6/29/14
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by nightmancometh, 6/29/14
- productSOL Republic Tracks HDtagged by nightmancometh, 6/29/14
- productSOL REPUBLIC Tracks Ultra On-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic (Blue)tagged by nightmancometh, 6/29/14
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by nightmancometh, 6/29/14
Related Forum Threads
- Question about the term basshead headphones Last post on 11/27/12 at 10:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphones between 100-130 bucks. Last post on 5/10/14 at 1:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- logitech ue 6000 or v moda crossfade for on the go listening Last post on 12/30/13 at 8:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for suggestions for comperable headphones to v-moda Last post on 11/17/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Sol Republic Hd Or Sol Republic Ultra?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Many consumers like the beats line of headphones for its bass. If you like the beats. stahp. im not going to give you an option that's not bass heavy, seeming that you like bass. So some cans worth looking at that of the quantity of beats but FAR more quality include:
vmoda crossfade lp/lp2
sony mdr xb series
ultimate ears ue-6000
Shure SRH550 DJ
Phiaton MS 400
Audio Technica ath-M50
all of these are considered basshead cans and will definitly satisfy your bass needs. These all deliver bass that make the headphone vibrate when turned up. If you go more in detail of your requirements i can give you more options.
I've never tried the tracks ultra but from what I've read it won't have as much bass as the solo.
My advice to you is, if you like the solo and like the way it sounds than buy it.
The first Sol Tracks is the one with the V8 drivers and will give you bass similar to the solo
Edited by RoMee - 3/3/13 at 4:12pm
Out of curiosity. What is your definition of stylish? Personally I do consider the Ultrasone HFI line up to be quite "stylish," and based on the amount of bass put out I would not hesitate to recommend them. The HFI-580s are not only pretty good looking, but feel like they could take a few hits and come out unscathed.
In terms of sound quality I was quite disappointed by the sound coming out of the Solos. (Don't remember if HD or not) I think the Ultra's won't disappoint you. Still do consider a few of these other headphones. A few listed I would personally consider "stylish."
Yes the Hfi - 580's are very good (forgot to mention those). the yamaha's sport a very stylish look almost exactly like the solos hd. also the ue 6000, tma-1, vmoda lp/lp2, sony xb line, and the phiaton are to what i think more stylish than the beats. all of the others dont look quite as sleek and modern, but they sound absolutely awesome. All of these cans have bass that has much impact as the solos, doesnt bleed to much into mids and treble unlike the beats that absolutely drowns out both, and goes wayyy lower in the bass section. for the beats solos and sol republics you will get no impact below 100 hertz. it will also distort and seem cheap. all of the cans i have mentioned go into that low area and are absolutely stunning. they seem like subwoofers on your head except still have highs and mids. the beats and the sols are very very crappy except for style.
- Sol Republic Hd Or Sol Republic Ultra?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 2 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 7 minutes ago
- › Astro Mixamp + Amp help! 8 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 8 minutes ago
- › Special Bulk Buy Pricing on BURSON Conductor, Conductor SL9018... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)