Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] XBA-3 VS XBA-30 VS XBA-40
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] XBA-3 VS XBA-30 VS XBA-40 - Page 16

post #226 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post

Ok so I got the H1, the sound is very good but I actually prefer the sound of xba3 more, I feel like the H1 has punchier bass and bigger soundstage but the xba3 has more clarity to my ears.

Now I want to get either the xba30 or the 40, the 30 I wonder if I would notice an actual difference to my xba3 and the 40 I worry that they sound like the H1, thats really not a bad thing though as I love the soundstage but as I said the 3 just sounds more clear to me.

Also I wonder about the fit of the xba40, the xba3 are more comfortable to me than the H1.
I would say the XBA40 and XBA-H1 sound very similar. Bass is actually the closest to each other. I found that the 40's actually reach deeper and less mid-bass hump. As for vocals and treble, the 40's are smoother and more refined. Instrument separation and overall space is better on the 40's. I just got the H1 today and have only been burned in for about 10 hours. I would give the edge to the 40's though for overall refinement in sound.



post #227 of 278

I listened to xba-4 he has a very large sound stage and seemed that the musicians are playing in the store ahahah. But the sound is dark and involuntarily I raise the sound оf the player

post #228 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I would say the XBA40 and XBA-H1 sound very similar. Bass is actually the closest to each other. I found that the 40's actually reach deeper and less mid-bass hump. As for vocals and treble, the 40's are smoother and more refined. Instrument separation and overall space is better on the 40's. I just got the H1 today and have only been burned in for about 10 hours. I would give the edge to the 40's though for overall refinement in sound.



Thanks! I think im getting the 40's then, even if they are a bit dark I can get used to it.
post #229 of 278
Is it safe to say that the 30 has better clarity than the 40? I wonder if I would notice the difference from my xba3, both the 30 and 40 are around $200 so price really is not a major factor.
post #230 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post

Is it safe to say that the 30 has better clarity than the 40? I wonder if I would notice the difference from my xba3, both the 30 and 40 are around $200 so price really is not a major factor.

I was shaken by the sound stage xba-4 but they are darker than vsonic gr07be and how to write xba-40 even darker than xba-4. Xba-4 have large distance between the instruments and good 3d scene. Need some getting used to this sound signature and now the big discounts on xba-4 or 40 i think for this money better find nothing.


Edited by stimer - 10/26/13 at 8:44am
post #231 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post

I was shaken by the sound stage xba-4 but they are darker than vsonic gr07be and how to write xba-40 even darker than xba-4. Xba-4 have large distance between the instruments and good 3d scene. Need some getting used to this sound signature and now the big discounts on xba-4 or 40 i think for this money better find nothing.
Can you explain "dark" in simpler way? I think I have an idea of what dark means after listening to the H1 and comparing to my xba3 but still not sure, I am just not good with all the head fi terms yet sorry.
post #232 of 278
One thing I can say is that xba3 sound more "clear" than H1 for me.
post #233 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post


Can you explain "dark" in simpler way? I think I have an idea of what dark means after listening to the H1 and comparing to my xba3 but still not sure, I am just not good with all the head fi terms yet sorry.

Instruments do not play in your ear like xba-3 or 30 in xba-4 or 40 as if they are at a distance with muffled sound it's hard to explain with my bad english ahahah sorry))

post #234 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post
 

I listened to xba-4 he has a very large sound stage and seemed that the musicians are playing in the store ahahah. But the sound is dark and involuntarily I raise the sound оf the player


can u come to xba h1 and h3 thread and answer my posts??

post #235 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post

One thing I can say is that xba3 sound more "clear" than H1 for me.

if my h1 are not a faulty copy then h1 is a very bad earphone if u like vocals details and instrument seperation......................they have good soundstage and warmth only.

brainwavz m3 are way better value in my opinion but i will wait for my replacement copy to be sure

post #236 of 278

I have a hard time explaining what "dark" is but the XBA that I've heard seem to be somewhat dark and warm.  I think when bass has something to do with it.  I find the XBA-40 to sound more clear also.  If you generally find the H1 to sound good, then the 30 or 40 will be a slight upgrade.  After an overnight burn-in, I am finding the H1 to sound a little better.  Mainly the treble has calmed down some.  Many find dynamic drivers to be more natural sounding and it seems the H3's massive driver might be too boomy.  The smaller dynamic in the H1 seems to keep the bass controlled but still doesn't sound as good as the 40's to me.  None of these phones have that organic bass that the EX1000's had.   

post #237 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post

if my h1 are not a faulty copy then h1 is a very bad earphone if u like vocals details and instrument seperation......................they have good soundstage and warmth only.
brainwavz m3 are way better value in my opinion but i will wait for my replacement copy to be sure
I feel the exact same way, they arent bad, just not my signiture preferance.
post #238 of 278

So going from the XBA3 to the 30, upgrade or not really noticeable?

 

Since I love my xba3 so much then I figure why not right? Better sound and a better cable.

post #239 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post

So going from the XBA3 to the 30, upgrade or not really noticeable?

Since I love my xba3 so much then I figure why not right? Better sound and a better cable.

I don't find it practical IMHO. if you are really looking for an upgrade, I reckon you should look for something else. After I got my xba3 it got harder trying to find an upgrade around the $200. i got the t-peos h200 which is definitely an upgrade. Unfortunately it's no longer at promo price so it'll now cost you $275. Then the DUNU DN-1000 came along... Just right about the price you're looking for. Not really the same as the Sony sound signature but definitely an upgrade in all aspects. The KEF M200 is also worth looking at but must think twice because of possible fit issues.
post #240 of 278
I couldn't detect any difference between the 3/30's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] XBA-3 VS XBA-30 VS XBA-40