New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, May 25, 2013 - Page 11  

post #151 of 211

Does anyone have a Peach Tree Dac-it?  I'd like to compare the Dac-It with the Bifrost w/ their new upgrades. I'm looking at both to add to a Sonos Connect for my stereo and use w/ my HP's.


Edited by markm1 - 5/13/13 at 5:09am
post #152 of 211

I intend to make this one.  Not sure what gear I will bring outside of my Omega IIs to try out on the BHSE.  Probably the Thunderpants and some Grados.

post #153 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner View Post

I intend to make this one.  Not sure what gear I will bring outside of my Omega IIs to try out on the BHSE.  Probably the Thunderpants and some Grados.

The Thunderpants and Grados would surely be appreciated, as well as the OII of course.


Edited by modulor - 5/16/13 at 1:02pm
post #154 of 211

I think I'm going to make it to this meet - after all these years, it'll be my first one. I haven't been very active on headfi for a while, ever since I became pretty satisfied with my gear. Now there is all this new-to-me stuff and my wallet is is a bit heavy so I'm really looking forward to whatever develops...

 

I'll bring my Headamp GS-1 and my Stello DA100 Signature DAC. The only cans will be my HD-25 IIs and my dearly-beloved KSC-35s. Anyone attending that also has KSC-35s, show 'em to me and I'll give you a nice little accessory.

 

See you then...

post #155 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFiveOne View Post

I think I'm going to make it to this meet - after all these years, it'll be my first one. I haven't been very active on headfi for a while, ever since I became pretty satisfied with my gear. Now there is all this new-to-me stuff and my wallet is is a bit heavy so I'm really looking forward to whatever develops...

 

I'll bring my Headamp GS-1 and my Stello DA100 Signature DAC. The only cans will be my HD-25 IIs and my dearly-beloved KSC-35s. Anyone attending that also has KSC-35s, show 'em to me and I'll give you a nice little accessory.

 

See you then...

Does this also apply to PortaPros?  tongue.gif  I'll probably bring them anyway just for fun.

post #156 of 211
One week until the meet! Everyone know what they want to bring? ;-)
post #157 of 211

since i'm coming locally, if anyone has a request for me to bring something just send me a PM

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

post #158 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

since i'm coming locally, if anyone has a request for me to bring something just send me a PM

for anyone who has not heard Stax 009 with BHSE -- brace yourselves. While not everyone responds the same way, my jaw dropped when I heard it for the first time. If you like HD800 especially, you are in for a treat here. BTW, our meet falls a day before my B-day, so I call dibs on that station! tongue_smile.gif

post #159 of 211

Any room for one more? To share, I could bring:

  • Grado SR-80i
  • Grado RS-1i
  • Grado PS-500
  • Beyer T1

(all stock/unmodded)


If anyone wants to swap in/out at their own station, I could bring my Bifrost and Valhalla, but they would need to be hooked to someone else's source, as:

  • I have no portable source (CD player, laptop, etc. - I listen at my PC), and
  • my Bifrost has no USB (PC has S/PDIF out)

I am this close (holds thumb and first finger very close together) to being ready to upgrade, and another chance to hear the LCDs as well as the higher-end HiFiMan stuff would be awesome. Plus, I've never heard Stax before - been wondering if they live up to the hype!

post #160 of 211

I'd definitely be interested in hearing your RS1i and PS 500. I've got a solo 225i and am thinking of getting a RS1i/PS 500 or one of the HE HPs. I'm just planning on bringing my 225i and my Ipod.

post #161 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

since i'm coming locally, if anyone has a request for me to bring something just send me a PM


I believe you have already said you would bring the Sr-007, and I am sure you will bring a bunch of amps, but would you mind bringing an energizer? I would like to see if the tube amp spriggs made me would be a good fit for the sr-007s. I am looking at either the Sr-007 or the LCD2 as my future headphone, and I would like to make sure they both suit my amp before I start the longggggg process of saving up money.  

post #162 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistarr View Post

Any room for one more? To share, I could bring:
  • Grado SR-80i
  • Grado RS-1i
  • Grado PS-500
  • Beyer T1
(all stock/unmodded)

If anyone wants to swap in/out at their own station, I could bring my Bifrost and Valhalla, but they would need to be hooked to someone else's source, as:
  • I have no portable source (CD player, laptop, etc. - I listen at my PC), and
  • my Bifrost has no USB (PC has S/PDIF out)

I am this close (holds thumb and first finger very close together) to being ready to upgrade, and another chance to hear the LCDs as well as the higher-end HiFiMan stuff would be awesome. Plus, I've never heard Stax before - been wondering if they live up to the hype!

I am sure we can find you a source.
post #163 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryUprising View Post


I am sure we can find you a source.

 

I can bring a second laptop, but someone is going to need to provide a portable storage device. My hard drive in my second laptop is only 120GB so I can't fit much music frown.gif

post #164 of 211

anyone have a Koss ESP-950?  I wanna give that bad boy a try too.....

post #165 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryUprising View Post

anyone have a Koss ESP-950?  I wanna give that bad boy a try too.....

I think someone mentioned that they would consider bringing their ESP-950 earlier in the thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked