New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, May 25, 2013 - Page 10  

post #136 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMMMM View Post

Hey guys, I am going to be selling my hacked PS3 that can rip SACDs this week. So, I am going to unfortunately rescind my offer to rip SACDs at the meet. I am not sure if any of you were going to bring any, but if you're interested in the unit, PM me.

 

How does it rip the SACD? Does it just create a new ISO from the disc?

 

EDIT: I only ask because I wonder if I could just use 'dd' on my Linux box to clone the SACD itself, bit for bit and dump it into an ISO image.


Edited by yage - 4/15/13 at 10:13am
post #137 of 211

This looks like it is coming together nicely to be an excellent meet.  Unfortunately, I think I'll have to sit this one out.  I don't think the group needs to see me sitting in the corner, drooling because of the Percocet ... much less, trying to drive over to the event.  wink.gif

 

 

 

Monkey With Glasses Smoking emoticon - monkey-with-glasses-smoking-smiley-emoticon.gif

post #138 of 211
Quote:

How does it rip the SACD? Does it just create a new ISO from the disc?

 

EDIT: I only ask because I wonder if I could just use 'dd' on my Linux box to clone the SACD itself, bit for bit and dump it into an ISO image.

 

The only way I know of to rip the ISO image of the SACD layer of a copy-protected disc is with firmware-modded PS3 that has the capable drive (only the first original two generations of PS3 are capable) and you must have had a fw of 3.55 or lower to install OtherOS firmware on it, as well as the ripper app and keys:

 

http://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/

 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95396.0


Edited by RHMMMM - 4/16/13 at 5:30am
post #139 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

This looks like it is coming together nicely to be an excellent meet.  Unfortunately, I think I'll have to sit this one out.  I don't think the group needs to see me sitting in the corner, drooling because of the Percocet ... much less, trying to drive over to the event.  wink.gif

 

 

 

Monkey With Glasses Smoking emoticon - monkey-with-glasses-smoking-smiley-emoticon.gif

Bummer...well, safety first!  Hopefully your procedure goes/went well and that you're all healed up in no time!  I'm sure there'll be at least one more meetup later this year.  There's also the upcoming Capital Audio Festival in July, which may feature a small 'Head-Fi' area (at least there was talk about it at one point).

post #140 of 211

I will not be able to attend as my daughter qualified for the NCAA Regional D1 meet in Greensboro NC and her race will be on 5/25.  she is running the 10K

post #141 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

I will not be able to attend as my daughter qualified for the NCAA Regional D1 meet in Greensboro NC and her race will be on 5/25.  she is running the 10K
L
Lame!!!!!

Just kidding! Good luck to her
post #142 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

I will not be able to attend as my daughter qualified for the NCAA Regional D1 meet in Greensboro NC and her race will be on 5/25.  she is running the 10K

Awww :( well good luck to your daughter! 

post #143 of 211

Thanks guys if something   changes I will come

post #144 of 211

I might make it, weather permitting... in that if it rains I will probably be there, since I won't be doing yard and orchard work. 

 

If I do show up, I will bring my Koss ESP-950s with their amp, and probably my Beyer T-1s.  Looks like Audeze will already be well represented, so my LCD-3s can stay home... I just got them back from Audeze after repairs, so I think they shouldn't go anywhere for a while anyway.  On the other hand, if people really feel another pair of LCDs is needed, I might be convinced to at least put them in the case, in the car.  Maybe.

 

I might also bring my old Adcom pre-amp that I use as an amp.  I'm interested in A/B'ing it against some of the more renowned modern LCD-3 amps to see if I can finally be convinced that I need to invest in an amp.  Or not.  If somebody brings a Mjolnir or Soloist that might even convince me to bring my electronics, including even my Emotiva DAC, to compare.  Again, maybe.

post #145 of 211

^^ Bring it all ^^ L3000.gif

post #146 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in MD View Post

I might make it, weather permitting... in that if it rains I will probably be there, since I won't be doing yard and orchard work. 

 

If I do show up, I will bring my Koss ESP-950s with their amp, and probably my Beyer T-1s.  Looks like Audeze will already be well represented, so my LCD-3s can stay home... I just got them back from Audeze after repairs, so I think they shouldn't go anywhere for a while anyway.  On the other hand, if people really feel another pair of LCDs is needed, I might be convinced to at least put them in the case, in the car.  Maybe.

 

I might also bring my old Adcom pre-amp that I use as an amp.  I'm interested in A/B'ing it against some of the more renowned modern LCD-3 amps to see if I can finally be convinced that I need to invest in an amp.  Or not.  If somebody brings a Mjolnir or Soloist that might even convince me to bring my electronics, including even my Emotiva DAC, to compare.  Again, maybe.

I've been reading about the ESP-950 lately so I'd definitely be interested in hearing them, and they'd be good for comparison against some of the stax rigs.

post #147 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in MD View Post

I might make it, weather permitting... in that if it rains I will probably be there, since I won't be doing yard and orchard work. 

 

If I do show up, I will bring my Koss ESP-950s with their amp, and probably my Beyer T-1s.  Looks like Audeze will already be well represented, so my LCD-3s can stay home... I just got them back from Audeze after repairs, so I think they shouldn't go anywhere for a while anyway.  On the other hand, if people really feel another pair of LCDs is needed, I might be convinced to at least put them in the case, in the car.  Maybe.

 

I might also bring my old Adcom pre-amp that I use as an amp.  I'm interested in A/B'ing it against some of the more renowned modern LCD-3 amps to see if I can finally be convinced that I need to invest in an amp.  Or not.  If somebody brings a Mjolnir or Soloist that might even convince me to bring my electronics, including even my Emotiva DAC, to compare.  Again, maybe.

 

I would LOVE to hear the ESP-950 if you don't mind bringing 'em.

post #148 of 211

No problem bringing the EPS-950s, they are pretty light.  T-1s too.  And they each have their own carrying case. But as everybody on these boards knows, LCDs weigh, like, 4 tons, so I don't know if my car can even carry them.  bigsmile_face.gif

 

The hassle factor and lack of easy transport packaging of the electronics is the biggest factor in making me hesitant to bring them (breaking down and boxing in the original boxes is safest, but a pain... and that assumes I could find the boxes in the basement).  But I know I should just stop whining and agree to bring them.  Let's see how I feel about it in two weeks.

post #149 of 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in MD View Post

The hassle factor and lack of easy transport packaging of the electronics is the biggest factor in making me hesitant to bring them (breaking down and boxing in the original boxes is safest, but a pain... and that assumes I could find the boxes in the basement).  But I know I should just stop whining and agree to bring them.  Let's see how I feel about it in two weeks.

 

Totally understand, brother! If you decide it's not worth it, that's ok too; plenty of other gear to listen to! =D

post #150 of 211

Does anyone here have or know someone who has one of Cavalli creations?. I would love to hear the LG or LAu, although there aint many of the latter out in the wild.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked