I have a pair of Superlux HD681 headphones and I was comparing them with my cheapo sony in ear earphones and I found them to be a bit quieter than the Sony in ear buds. Are full sized headphones generally quieter? Or can they also be as loud as in ear earphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing Headphones: Which One Is Good? Suggestions? Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation thread; need headphones in the ~$150 range (very picky) Last post on 11/12/12 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get Last post on 11/5/12 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pioneer SE-M290 vs Superlux HD-681 Last post on 10/10/12 at 9:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Greetings Head-fi, Today, we are going to be taking a look at the QKZ W1 Pro. This is a budget-minded, sports-focused, earphone that offers some great value for those looking to purchase...
Before I begin, I'd like to thank @NLNH for sending me a set free of charge in exchange for my review. I will try and be as honest and truthful as I can in my review regardless. To be honest, when...
DUNU TITAN 5 Quick Review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806906/dunu-titan-5-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU have triplets. Price: £95 or...
Are full size headphones generally quieter than in-ear ones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/1/13 at 12:49pm
I'm I bit of a noob, but I believe it's just that the in ear earphones would be easier to drive than the larger drivers in the full size headphones. Overall I would think the full size headphones would get way louder if driven from an amp.post #3 of 83/1/13 at 12:53pm
Generally iem's need less power to drive cause they are smaller and have less impedance than fullsize headphones.
So therefore they go louder for the same volume setting.post #4 of 83/1/13 at 12:54pmThread StarterQuote:
So then I shouldn't worry that my in ear buds are louder than the headphones? Hmm, so you say that is expected...post #5 of 83/1/13 at 2:59pmpost #6 of 83/1/13 at 3:02pmThread Starter
Thanks, they are pretty decent nevertheless. I got the Superlux HD681 instead of a Sennheiser HD201 as I found that to be too quiet and quite lacking in bass. This sounds overall more balanced with enough bass and louder that the HD201...post #7 of 83/1/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
Think of it like pulling a wagon, where your effort in pulling is like the volume knob. Your IEMs are a fisher price toy, and you can pull that thing with little to no effort, and you can go pretty fast.
A full-sized is a heavier wagon, and if you put in the same amount of effort as you do with the fisher price toy, you won't go nearly as fast.
When you get a really heavy wagon (hard-to-drive full-sizes or otherwise), thats when you get a motor (an amplifier).
Edited by vaed - 3/1/13 at 3:07pm
- Are full size headphones generally quieter than in-ear ones?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 19 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 27 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse