I have a pair of Superlux HD681 headphones and I was comparing them with my cheapo sony in ear earphones and I found them to be a bit quieter than the Sony in ear buds. Are full sized headphones generally quieter? Or can they also be as loud as in ear earphones?
Related Forum Threads
- Help me to choose which headphones to buy! Last post on 11/28/12 at 4:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing Headphones: Which One Is Good? Suggestions? Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another recommendation thread; need headphones in the ~$150 range (very picky) Last post on 11/12/12 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get Last post on 11/5/12 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pioneer SE-M290 vs Superlux HD-681 Last post on 10/10/12 at 9:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Are full size headphones generally quieter than in-ear ones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 83/1/13 at 12:49pm
I'm I bit of a noob, but I believe it's just that the in ear earphones would be easier to drive than the larger drivers in the full size headphones. Overall I would think the full size headphones would get way louder if driven from an amp.post #3 of 83/1/13 at 12:53pm
Generally iem's need less power to drive cause they are smaller and have less impedance than fullsize headphones.
So therefore they go louder for the same volume setting.post #4 of 83/1/13 at 12:54pmThread StarterQuote:
So then I shouldn't worry that my in ear buds are louder than the headphones? Hmm, so you say that is expected...post #5 of 83/1/13 at 2:59pmpost #6 of 83/1/13 at 3:02pmThread Starter
Thanks, they are pretty decent nevertheless. I got the Superlux HD681 instead of a Sennheiser HD201 as I found that to be too quiet and quite lacking in bass. This sounds overall more balanced with enough bass and louder that the HD201...post #7 of 83/1/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
Think of it like pulling a wagon, where your effort in pulling is like the volume knob. Your IEMs are a fisher price toy, and you can pull that thing with little to no effort, and you can go pretty fast.
A full-sized is a heavier wagon, and if you put in the same amount of effort as you do with the fisher price toy, you won't go nearly as fast.
When you get a really heavy wagon (hard-to-drive full-sizes or otherwise), thats when you get a motor (an amplifier).
Edited by vaed - 3/1/13 at 3:07pm
- Are full size headphones generally quieter than in-ear ones?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Stax Thread III 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo 48 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear