- 2,507 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set Last post on 7/25/15 at 2:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-400 vs Dunu Titan 1 vs CX300 II vs MEElectronics M-Duo Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Chord & Major Rock 8'13" In Ear Monitors Last post on 2/3/15 at 9:10am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
The VSD5 is the next earphone to follow up on the successful release of the very popular VSD3/VSD3s. From afar the VSD5 looks eerily similar with their older/younger brother, the VSD3/VSD3s....
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried making DIY tips from the foam, but the ones I used didn't have a hollow core inside. Making it was a pain, and they didn't sound right Do you have a link to the ones you used?.
These have worked well for me on the RE400:
I've used complys and they don't work for me. I lose mids and highs with them no matter what I try. I've tried a few different plugs and the ones that work for me are moldex spark plugs. They seem stiffer than the others. Its quite easy to make once you get used to it. I can make a pair in about 5 minutes or less.
Too right mate....they are awesome. Best seal available...but you can also try coring the silicones with earplug foam as well. I actually find doing a combo of both techniques works best for me.
I foam sleeve the top flange after cutting of the flare on the flange. The remaining bit of the tip holds the earplug foam, hole punched, in place. Then I use the other part of the earplug to created
a washer if you will. Size it to fit and seat it on the core of the base flange to match the flare. That approach really works well on multiflange tips.
Yet, I think the stock tips are underwhelming, and any sort of foam tips can increase the enjoyment of RE-400 ten fold. Even though I need a +12db sub bass bump to satsify my basshead tastes, everything else about the RE-400 is top of the line, pure bliss. Love them.
Yep. They sounds a lot better with foam. These phones are the most particular about tips more than any other IEM I've ever heard.
I just got the RE-400 and they are too bass light for me, using the stock small double flange. I much prefer my Zero Audio Carbo Basso and Carbo Tenore. Would like to try some different tips before selling them. What tips are recommended for the RE-400?
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › RMAF Show Special Discount ALO Audio 1 minute ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 - Must sell. Will take the best offer 1 minute ago
- › Help with headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2