- 2,457 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set Last post on 5/22/15 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-400 vs Dunu Titan 1 vs CX300 II vs MEElectronics M-Duo Last post on Yesterday at 5:39 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Chord & Major Rock 8'13" In Ear Monitors Last post on 2/3/15 at 9:10am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
I use these IEM's at work and during travel, it's very easy to transport with the small metal case. It was difficult to achieve the good isolation, i tried 10+ pair of silicon cushions and i...
[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried making DIY tips from the foam, but the ones I used didn't have a hollow core inside. Making it was a pain, and they didn't sound right Do you have a link to the ones you used?.
These have worked well for me on the RE400:
I've used complys and they don't work for me. I lose mids and highs with them no matter what I try. I've tried a few different plugs and the ones that work for me are moldex spark plugs. They seem stiffer than the others. Its quite easy to make once you get used to it. I can make a pair in about 5 minutes or less.
Too right mate....they are awesome. Best seal available...but you can also try coring the silicones with earplug foam as well. I actually find doing a combo of both techniques works best for me.
I foam sleeve the top flange after cutting of the flare on the flange. The remaining bit of the tip holds the earplug foam, hole punched, in place. Then I use the other part of the earplug to created
a washer if you will. Size it to fit and seat it on the core of the base flange to match the flare. That approach really works well on multiflange tips.
Yet, I think the stock tips are underwhelming, and any sort of foam tips can increase the enjoyment of RE-400 ten fold. Even though I need a +12db sub bass bump to satsify my basshead tastes, everything else about the RE-400 is top of the line, pure bliss. Love them.
Yep. They sounds a lot better with foam. These phones are the most particular about tips more than any other IEM I've ever heard.
I just got the RE-400 and they are too bass light for me, using the stock small double flange. I much prefer my Zero Audio Carbo Basso and Carbo Tenore. Would like to try some different tips before selling them. What tips are recommended for the RE-400?
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Open Back, upgrade from IFIMAN HE400 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Kid Cudi 5 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SRH 940 vs DT770 vs MDR1A vs M70X vs Crossfade M100 vs Momentums 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Noble Audio Savant by WCDchee
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2