- 2,507 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- 1MORE Triple Driver IEM vs HiFiMAN RE-400? Last post on 6/12/16 at 9:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTB: Hifiman RE-400 Last post on 5/20/15 at 9:14pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Has anything emerged better than Shure SE215 in its price range? Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Marshall Mode EQ, a very underrated set Last post on 10/13/15 at 8:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-400 vs Dunu Titan 1 vs CX300 II vs MEElectronics M-Duo Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:32pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried making DIY tips from the foam, but the ones I used didn't have a hollow core inside. Making it was a pain, and they didn't sound right Do you have a link to the ones you used?.
These have worked well for me on the RE400:
I've used complys and they don't work for me. I lose mids and highs with them no matter what I try. I've tried a few different plugs and the ones that work for me are moldex spark plugs. They seem stiffer than the others. Its quite easy to make once you get used to it. I can make a pair in about 5 minutes or less.
Too right mate....they are awesome. Best seal available...but you can also try coring the silicones with earplug foam as well. I actually find doing a combo of both techniques works best for me.
I foam sleeve the top flange after cutting of the flare on the flange. The remaining bit of the tip holds the earplug foam, hole punched, in place. Then I use the other part of the earplug to created
a washer if you will. Size it to fit and seat it on the core of the base flange to match the flare. That approach really works well on multiflange tips.
Yet, I think the stock tips are underwhelming, and any sort of foam tips can increase the enjoyment of RE-400 ten fold. Even though I need a +12db sub bass bump to satsify my basshead tastes, everything else about the RE-400 is top of the line, pure bliss. Love them.
Yep. They sounds a lot better with foam. These phones are the most particular about tips more than any other IEM I've ever heard.
I just got the RE-400 and they are too bass light for me, using the stock small double flange. I much prefer my Zero Audio Carbo Basso and Carbo Tenore. Would like to try some different tips before selling them. What tips are recommended for the RE-400?
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 47 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 59 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › In search of a pillow 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP-100 "Tru-Fi Speakers Mod" from packdemon -... 4 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...