- 823 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman Re-400 vs VSonic GR02 vs VSonic VC02 Last post on 12/15/13 at 7:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFiMan - RE-400 - In-Ear Stereo Headphones Last post on 12/14/13 at 8:05pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Best Workout Headphones under 100 Last post on 12/2/13 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fit for in ears? how do you know when you have it? Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In need of nice IEMs! Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/17/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried making DIY tips from the foam, but the ones I used didn't have a hollow core inside. Making it was a pain, and they didn't sound right Do you have a link to the ones you used?.
These have worked well for me on the RE400:
I've used complys and they don't work for me. I lose mids and highs with them no matter what I try. I've tried a few different plugs and the ones that work for me are moldex spark plugs. They seem stiffer than the others. Its quite easy to make once you get used to it. I can make a pair in about 5 minutes or less.
Too right mate....they are awesome. Best seal available...but you can also try coring the silicones with earplug foam as well. I actually find doing a combo of both techniques works best for me.
I foam sleeve the top flange after cutting of the flare on the flange. The remaining bit of the tip holds the earplug foam, hole punched, in place. Then I use the other part of the earplug to created
a washer if you will. Size it to fit and seat it on the core of the base flange to match the flare. That approach really works well on multiflange tips.
Yet, I think the stock tips are underwhelming, and any sort of foam tips can increase the enjoyment of RE-400 ten fold. Even though I need a +12db sub bass bump to satsify my basshead tastes, everything else about the RE-400 is top of the line, pure bliss. Love them.
Yep. They sounds a lot better with foam. These phones are the most particular about tips more than any other IEM I've ever heard.
I just got the RE-400 and they are too bass light for me, using the stock small double flange. I much prefer my Zero Audio Carbo Basso and Carbo Tenore. Would like to try some different tips before selling them. What tips are recommended for the RE-400?
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference
- › Need suggestions for tips to use with Westone w4r 3 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 3 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Why am I not loving my Sennheiser HD-25's? Advice needed. 6 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe