- 1,576 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Most neutral(compensation accounted for) dynamic iems Last post on 6/29/14 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 150 to burn. Looking for advice. Last post on 7/2/14 at 5:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Relaxed sounding headphones. Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from RE-262 to RE-400 => disappointed. Is there a real substitute for the RE-262? Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need help, Klipsch x10i or Shure SE215 Last post on 6/14/14 at 5:37am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
[REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried making DIY tips from the foam, but the ones I used didn't have a hollow core inside. Making it was a pain, and they didn't sound right Do you have a link to the ones you used?.
These have worked well for me on the RE400:
I've used complys and they don't work for me. I lose mids and highs with them no matter what I try. I've tried a few different plugs and the ones that work for me are moldex spark plugs. They seem stiffer than the others. Its quite easy to make once you get used to it. I can make a pair in about 5 minutes or less.
Too right mate....they are awesome. Best seal available...but you can also try coring the silicones with earplug foam as well. I actually find doing a combo of both techniques works best for me.
I foam sleeve the top flange after cutting of the flare on the flange. The remaining bit of the tip holds the earplug foam, hole punched, in place. Then I use the other part of the earplug to created
a washer if you will. Size it to fit and seat it on the core of the base flange to match the flare. That approach really works well on multiflange tips.
Yet, I think the stock tips are underwhelming, and any sort of foam tips can increase the enjoyment of RE-400 ten fold. Even though I need a +12db sub bass bump to satsify my basshead tastes, everything else about the RE-400 is top of the line, pure bliss. Love them.
Yep. They sounds a lot better with foam. These phones are the most particular about tips more than any other IEM I've ever heard.
I just got the RE-400 and they are too bass light for me, using the stock small double flange. I much prefer my Zero Audio Carbo Basso and Carbo Tenore. Would like to try some different tips before selling them. What tips are recommended for the RE-400?
- [REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 20 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Will Apple make a headphone amp/DAC after the Beats acquisition? 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 3 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)