Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › LOL at all the Beats bashers........
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LOL at all the Beats bashers........ - Page 24  

post #346 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb View Post

Surprised to see someone mention that these days.  Nightclubbing was one of the finest mastered LP's of all time.  The detail and dynamic range is exquisite.  Back in '81, it got significant reviews in High Fidelity magazine, especially for the quality of its recording and production.

 

For anyone with a turntable, this is a tour-de-force.  It's still pretty good on CD, too.


I keep meaning to see if they have a re issue of the cd out, and for some reason it slips my mind every time. Her version of the Libertango is wonderful. I never could quite figure out why Famous Blue Raincoat got such high sales volumes over NightClubbing.

post #347 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebomb View Post

If you dont like em, dont buy em.  Its very simple IMHO.  I dont care for BMWs, guess what Im not gonna say they are overpriced and trash them.  I just wont buy one. 

Dre beats aren't BMW's......they're Dodge Chargers.  AKG, Sennheiser, Beyer......that's the Audi/BMW/Benz of the headphone game....Stax is Lexus, Sony is Acura, etc.

post #348 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha80 View Post

Dre beats aren't BMW's......they're Dodge Chargers.  AKG, Sennheiser, Beyer......that's the Audi/BMW/Benz of the headphone game....Stax is Lexus, Sony is Acura, etc.


Lexus is quite literally a Toyota built copy of the Mercedes. Therefore I would not put Stax in that arena. More like the Ferrari, Awesome performance, power hungry, and hard to drive well.

post #349 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadride View Post

From a non-audio standpoint they are VERY overpriced in my opinion.  Closed source software.  Inaccessible batteries.   Having to convert anything to play on it.  Limited app choices.

 

There are better droid options for phones and tablets.  And as someone who does publishing and design work for a living I have never understood why Mac is preferred over PC.  I am in a minority though.   It's not that Mac is "bad", but it brings nothing to the table imho and costs so much more than a PC and creates too many limits.

 

Now, I don't do Apple, so maybe they sound great

 

But whenever I see people with all their Apple products I feel certain they have been heavily influenced by marketing just like the beats buyers.  At least their apples aren't junk, but they paid out the nose to do less than I can do for cheaper.


I buy Apple products because I've never owned a good Android. Ever. Convert anything? Good job on perpetuating a really outdated myth. Limited app choices? App Store is bigger. And even if it was "limited", I'll take "limited" over spyware ridden apps like Google. Mac is preferred over PC because it always works. Windows never really works and Windows ruined what they did have with 8.

 

That's a really naive and really stupid viewpoint. I haven't paid out the nose for what you can do for cheaper because Android has half-assed versions of just about every Apple feature.

 

They're not systems for people who don't want to plan ahead. They're systems for people who want reliability and ease of use. I have a high tech custom built gaming rig for games but I use my MacBook for everything else and it's a WAY better computer. I have a Nexus 7 and have gone through 4 Androids. Every single one of those pieces is inferior to iPhone or iPad.


Edited by tribestros - 3/24/13 at 7:34pm
post #350 of 353

Quote:
Dre beats aren't BMW's......they're Dodge Chargers.  AKG, Sennheiser, Beyer......that's the Audi/BMW/Benz of the headphone game....Stax is Lexus, Sony is Acura, etc.

 

STAX isn't Lexus, and it isn't BMW either. They both make (relatively) affordable cars. Not affordable to someone like me, but still, in the grand scheme of things, they offer cars that are nowhere near the most expensive available. STAX is more like Rolls Royce or Bentley. 

 

Also, Sony and Sennheiser are pretty big players outside the high end. Sony is more a Honda than an Acura. 

 

 

 

Quote:
The M50s are downright awkward to wear in public though.

Why? ... They look pretty decent. Out of all the audiophile approved headphones, the M50's are definitely one of the nicer looking cans. 

 

 

 

Quote:
Apple products are overpriced but work well and hold their value. Bose headphones are basically the same thing as Beats except for older people. College bros wear beats to show off and businessmen wear bose to show off.

Or maybe businessmen wear Bose because their ANC is second to none, and airplanes are quite loud. 

 

 

 

Quote:
They're not systems for people who don't want to plan ahead. They're systems for people who want reliability and ease of use. I have a high tech custom built gaming rig for games but I use my MacBook for everything else and it's a WAY better computer. I have a Nexus 7 and have gone through 4 Androids. Every single one of those pieces is inferior to iPhone or iPad.

Hmmm... Tech comparisons. 

 

Alienware → Beats. The mainstream choice for looking "cool." 

 

MacBooks. Can't really pin them down on a brand. I would say they are high end open headphones in general. They are really nice, but with a few huge shortcomings. 


Edited by ThinkAwesome - 3/24/13 at 7:47pm
post #351 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribestros View Post


I buy Apple products because I've never owned a good Android. Ever. Convert anything? Good job on perpetuating a really outdated myth. Limited app choices? App Store is bigger. And even if it was "limited", I'll take "limited" over spyware ridden apps like Google. Mac is preferred over PC because it always works. Windows never really works and Windows ruined what they did have with 8.

 

That's a really naive and really stupid viewpoint. I haven't paid out the nose for what you can do for cheaper because Android has half-assed versions of just about every Apple feature.

 

They're not systems for people who don't want to plan ahead. They're systems for people who want reliability and ease of use. I have a high tech custom built gaming rig for games but I use my MacBook for everything else and it's a WAY better computer. I have a Nexus 7 and have gone through 4 Androids. Every single one of those pieces is inferior to iPhone or iPad.

Hey, hows that apple mapping software working out for ya:)

post #352 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAwesome View Post

 

STAX isn't Lexus, and it isn't BMW either. They both make (relatively) affordable cars. Not affordable to someone like me, but still, in the grand scheme of things, they offer cars that are nowhere near the most expensive available. STAX is more like Rolls Royce or Bentley. 

 

Also, Sony and Sennheiser are pretty big players outside the high end. Sony is more a Honda than an Acura. 

 

 

 

Why? ... They look pretty decent. Out of all the audiophile approved headphones, the M50's are definitely one of the nicer looking cans. 

 

 

 

Or maybe businessmen wear Bose because their ANC is second to none, and airplanes are quite loud. 

 

On the Bose part, so true. So tired of the close mindedness on here. It's hilariously pathetic.

post #353 of 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post


Lexus is quite literally a Toyota built copy of the Mercedes. Therefore I would not put Stax in that arena. More like the Ferrari, Awesome performance, power hungry, and hard to drive well.


Calling it a Ferrari would be an insult to Stax. Ferrari is an Italian-engineered atrocity that puts out cars that cost 3x as much as a Corvette Z06, but are slower and get much worse gas mileage (they have cars that get 8mpg highway). Plus, they have an exploding engine issue that they haven't bothered to fix. They're more about status than performance, although they aren't terrible for performance. Still, the Germans and Japanese can build a better car for the price. I'd say Ferrari is more like Bose.

 

As for Lexus, they're not copies of Mercedes. They look nothing alike and differ on some fundamental levels. Lexus is actually more reliable than Mercedes or BMW or Audi, and they've done some pretty impressive things with their cars. That being said, I still prefer Mercedes for some inexplicable reason (as long as it's not one of those terrible cars Mercedes was producing when they owned Chrysler).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › LOL at all the Beats bashers........