- 119 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 1/30/15
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/30/15
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/30/15
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 1/30/15
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by nightmancometh, 1/30/15
- productSony MDR-7520 Professional Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/30/15
Related Forum Threads
- Street cred with hipsters and overears, $500? Last post on 1/4/13 at 8:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for something as comfortable as Q15, but better sound? Last post on 4/22/13 at 7:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- best headphones under $400 Last post on 4/3/14 at 6:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Closed headphones for on a plane?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have used and enjoyed the AKG K550 on a long distance plane. Very good isolation and comfort. But i guess they are quite big in size :(
IEMs are also great since they offer good isolation and block the ears from varying air pressure. However they are too sensitive for in flight entertainment sockets.
Edited by niranhopper - 2/28/13 at 1:40am
I don't like active noise cancellation at all. It basically cancels out noise by creating an equally loud noise that is the inverse of it.
I really like my MDR-7520s (so much that I bought a second pair) so I would recommend them or possibly the MDR-1R. I haven't worn them on a plane but isolation is very good. I find they isolate at least as well as the AKG K550, and are more comfortable to wear.
The B&W P5s isolate surprisingly well for on-ear headphones, so you might like them. I found they were painful to wear for long periods of time though, especially if you have glasses. (I can't wear most on-ear headphones with glasses)
And for additional effect, Bose has started including little "courtesy cards" in the package for you to hand out to would-be lookie-loos on airplanes.
- Closed headphones for on a plane?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R just now
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 6 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 23 seconds ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 32 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 39 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Alpha audio 53 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › JRiver Media Center 19 is better! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2