I just want to point out that while the Q701 is a little shy on the bass out of the box, it responds very well to equalization. If you played around with an equalizer a bit to get the sound that you want I think you would be very impressed with the performance of the Q701. I have not heard the DT990 so I can't compare the two.
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/14/15
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by nightmancometh, 1/14/15
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by nightmancometh, 1/14/15
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by nightmancometh, 1/14/15
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/14/15
Related Forum Threads
- Which sub 400,- (preferably) open headphone should I buy? Last post on 11/13/12 at 6:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Don't have any idea what heaphone's to get Last post on 3/31/13 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get higher end headphones with no amp, or lower end headphones with one? Last post on 2/21/13 at 9:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Q701 question / help - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
By all means try the Q701, simply buy from a place that accepts returns like Amazon/Headroom.
So you'd go with the q701 over the dt990? Even if it can't be amped, besides the zx card, for a while -possibly months to years?
Nope; I have both. But what I prefer is not the same as what you prefer. I would get completely different headphones in general; already mentioned above what I would look at.
The Zx has an onboard opamp. It's a headphone amplifier. And it's powerful. It can handle almost all headphones just fine. It is an amplifier. You seem to be missing this.
- Q701 question / help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Vintage Flex Fountain Pens BUY 1 GET 1 FREE 39 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 41 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › How many of you have tinnitus? 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 90th Anniversary 5 minutes ago
- › Been a lurker for a while... 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)