Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How do you store all your headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do you store all your headphones?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 

Just wondering. Some of you guys have ten or fifteen pairs of Headphones. Where do you keep them all when they aren't on your head? Pics are welcome of course.

post #2 of 28
I also want to know!
post #3 of 28

Headphone stands, be it home made or bought. Look it up on Amazon they have quite a few different models

post #4 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post

Headphone stands, be it home made or bought. Look it up on Amazon they have quite a few different models

I'm talking about the guys that have a million sets of phones. Sure they can be put on stands, but where do you put 20 headphone stands? I don't know about you, but my wife has hogged all the available shelf space around here. Are most of you guys with the multiple sets single???  biggrin.gif

post #5 of 28

Headphone stands or box

post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

I'm talking about the guys that have a million sets of phones. Sure they can be put on stands, but where do you put 20 headphone stands? I don't know about you, but my wife has hogged all the available shelf space around here. Are most of you guys with the multiple sets single???  biggrin.gif


Check out the OP's entertainment center.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-57-headphones-compared-update-hifiman-he-400-added-12-24-12

post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchupNinja View Post


Check out the OP's entertainment center.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-57-headphones-compared-update-hifiman-he-400-added-12-24-12

 

Pretty much this, Ive seen dozens of pictures with people that just have desks covered in headphones on stands/hooks. 

 

Also the people you see with 15 or 20 headphones would never put them in a box, most of them cost anywhere from $300-$5250 (Lol Stax).

post #8 of 28

I call my rack the headphone tree - just bike hooks on an Ikea shelf.

 

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/pioferro/HeadphoneTree_zpse81cc99c.jpg[/IMG]
 

post #9 of 28
Put them back into their own box is the best, if you not use them often
post #10 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioferro View Post

I call my rack the headphone tree - just bike hooks on an Ikea shelf.

 

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/pioferro/HeadphoneTree_zpse81cc99c.jpg[/IMG]
 

I thought this was beautiful until I saw TWO Beats. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpaaudio View Post

Put them back into their own box is the best, if you not use them often

Alot of people dont keep the box, but then again alot of people do. Personally I would rather display them all so I can put the hobby out there all over the apartment. That and so I can get easy access to them, as well as give people who may come to visit an open choice if they want to listen.

post #11 of 28

Some are in the bags they came in, some are in soft cases they came in, the rest are hanging on hooks, headphone stands etc. I use them enough that dust isn't a problem and my studio door is usually shut so anything in there is dust free. One of the nice things about a boom microphone is it makes an excellent place to hang your cans after a session. :)

 

 

Eventually I will shop out some velour drawstrap bags and order a dozen or so. I have some smaller ones for my IED collection. They were inexpensive and work well.
 

post #12 of 28

I just lay them wherever, it's not really a big deal for me 

post #13 of 28

Those medical 6x6 plastic boxes sectioned out for prescription medicine (IEMs). Once I got them all filled up as well eek.gif.

post #14 of 28

I have two Woo Audio headphone stands on my desk for the cans I use most often, and then have Sennheiser Heaphone Holders for the rest. I place the Senn HH's on my bookshelf in rows. I'm not too concerned about dust, and I like to display all my cans and have them easily accessible. I like stands like these because they are free-floating, so the earpads aren't squished against anything, which likely helps with pad-life longevity.

post #15 of 28
I have four banana hooks on a shelf over my desk, and then I made some "covers" for those headphones. The rest are in their assorted cases or pouches in a drawer under my TV. It's not actually sorted by "most used" (unfortunately) - the four on hooks didn't come with any sort of case/pouch and don't fold, everything else had a case or pouch and folds. redface.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › How do you store all your headphones?