That's my Q. I'm weary of searching dozens of pages of threads with guys arguing over which wood is best, etc. If you can help, I thank you.
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship Last post on Yesterday at 4:27 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Rev 2 Bamboo Vegan Pre-Fazer Last post on 5/20/15 at 4:17pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- LCD-2 Rosewood vs Bamboo Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone calibration plugin. Last post on 2/22/15 at 1:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just got some Beyerdynamic T1s, question. Last post on 2/15/15 at 3:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
What makes an LCD-2 R2 a 2.5, and when did it start?post #1 of 82/23/13 at 10:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 82/23/13 at 10:58pm
The headband, angling of the cables, comfort, design, color etc.
Sorry, I miss did that. From what I've heard the 2.3-2.5 don't sound any different.
Edited by MrViolin - 2/23/13 at 11:05pmpost #3 of 82/23/13 at 11:05pm
You know that all these revisions are just made up by people.
*Officially* there is just 2.2 with newer drivers, after that Audeze added angled connectors and bamboo as choice of a housing w/o giving any official revision. That's pretty much all I know.post #4 of 82/23/13 at 11:14pmThread Starter
Thank you, Andrew. And I did find this with a bit more persistence.
fyi....my LCD-2 Rev 2 headphones were manufactured Oct 2011
Audez'e Support, Feb 01 17:02 (PST):
I am glad you asked this. Revisions 3, 4, and 5 do not exist. Some assume that the change in connectors or wood option means it is a new revision. However, we have only had the original LCD-2 driver and now the Revision 2 driver. Rest assured, you have the latest driver already in your headphones.
Thank you very much,
john white, Feb 01 16:51 (PST):
a further question.....in the head-fi forum, i see the LCD-2 Rev 2 referred to as Rev 2.1 // Rev 2.2 // Rev 2.3 // Rev 2.4 and Rev 2.5
Question #1- which revision 2 do i have.
Question #2- what are the differences between 2.1/2.2/2.3 etc....
Question #3- are there any upgrades that are possible or worth doing to the headphones i own ?
thankspost #5 of 82/24/13 at 3:14am
This is great information. For a moment, I was taken in by the listings that were F/S and starting to wonder about the versions. Hmm .... the various revisions are made up by the sellers to get theirs to appear as if it might be the latest version.post #6 of 82/24/13 at 12:48pmThread StarterQuote:
No, I don't think so. I think most folks on this site are honest and value the sense of community we share. I believed at the time I posted my listing that more recent versions (2012), including the angled connector, were somehow "2.5" or at least "late model," as I said in my ad. I did not have the information above until pressed by potential buyers to validate or "prove" (no one actually used that word) that mine was the latest. In other words, both buyers and sellers have had questions due to the lack of concise, precise info commonly available to all. Now we have it. This is good for everyone. :-)post #7 of 82/24/13 at 12:57pm
It's all about ego. The revision 2.5 BS is simply to make your LCD superior to mine.
And yea, it's a BS trick to appeal and get a faster sale. I've seen a few of these 2.5 listing's.
Andrew pretty much explained it though.post #8 of 82/24/13 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by jeffreyfranz
No, I don't think so. I think most folks on this site are honest and value the sense of community we share. I believed at the time I posted my listing that more recent versions (2012), including the angled connector, were somehow "2.5" or at least "late model," as I said in my ad. I did not have the information above until pressed by potential buyers to validate or "prove" (no one actually used that word) that mine was the latest. In other words, both buyers and sellers have had questions due to the lack of concise, precise info commonly available to all. Now we have it. This is good for everyone. :-)
Thanks. It actually wasn't your item that I had noticed where the version caught my attention. However, it has been a few other threads that have been posted in the past month or so where the different levels were being noted. This wasn't what I noticed with your pair, though.
- What makes an LCD-2 R2 a 2.5, and when did it start?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Micromega MyDAC - switchable input DAC, switchable USB Class 1 or 2... 12 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 3 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 4 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 5 minutes ago
- › Yulong ADA1 7 minutes ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 7 minutes ago
- › Hunter Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Sports 4.1 Bluetooth Headset... by Shobin Wang
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...