That's my Q. I'm weary of searching dozens of pages of threads with guys arguing over which wood is best, etc. If you can help, I thank you.
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship Last post on Yesterday at 11:10 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 Rev 2 Bamboo Vegan Pre-Fazer Last post on 5/20/15 at 4:17pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- LCD-2 Rosewood vs Bamboo Last post on 2/22/15 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone calibration plugin. Last post on 2/22/15 at 1:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just got some Beyerdynamic T1s, question. Last post on 2/15/15 at 3:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
What makes an LCD-2 R2 a 2.5, and when did it start?post #1 of 82/23/13 at 10:53pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 82/23/13 at 10:58pm
The headband, angling of the cables, comfort, design, color etc.
Sorry, I miss did that. From what I've heard the 2.3-2.5 don't sound any different.
Edited by MrViolin - 2/23/13 at 11:05pmpost #3 of 82/23/13 at 11:05pm
You know that all these revisions are just made up by people.
*Officially* there is just 2.2 with newer drivers, after that Audeze added angled connectors and bamboo as choice of a housing w/o giving any official revision. That's pretty much all I know.post #4 of 82/23/13 at 11:14pmThread Starter
Thank you, Andrew. And I did find this with a bit more persistence.
fyi....my LCD-2 Rev 2 headphones were manufactured Oct 2011
Audez'e Support, Feb 01 17:02 (PST):
I am glad you asked this. Revisions 3, 4, and 5 do not exist. Some assume that the change in connectors or wood option means it is a new revision. However, we have only had the original LCD-2 driver and now the Revision 2 driver. Rest assured, you have the latest driver already in your headphones.
Thank you very much,
john white, Feb 01 16:51 (PST):
a further question.....in the head-fi forum, i see the LCD-2 Rev 2 referred to as Rev 2.1 // Rev 2.2 // Rev 2.3 // Rev 2.4 and Rev 2.5
Question #1- which revision 2 do i have.
Question #2- what are the differences between 2.1/2.2/2.3 etc....
Question #3- are there any upgrades that are possible or worth doing to the headphones i own ?
thankspost #5 of 82/24/13 at 3:14am
This is great information. For a moment, I was taken in by the listings that were F/S and starting to wonder about the versions. Hmm .... the various revisions are made up by the sellers to get theirs to appear as if it might be the latest version.post #6 of 82/24/13 at 12:48pmThread StarterQuote:
No, I don't think so. I think most folks on this site are honest and value the sense of community we share. I believed at the time I posted my listing that more recent versions (2012), including the angled connector, were somehow "2.5" or at least "late model," as I said in my ad. I did not have the information above until pressed by potential buyers to validate or "prove" (no one actually used that word) that mine was the latest. In other words, both buyers and sellers have had questions due to the lack of concise, precise info commonly available to all. Now we have it. This is good for everyone. :-)post #7 of 82/24/13 at 12:57pm
It's all about ego. The revision 2.5 BS is simply to make your LCD superior to mine.
And yea, it's a BS trick to appeal and get a faster sale. I've seen a few of these 2.5 listing's.
Andrew pretty much explained it though.post #8 of 82/24/13 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by jeffreyfranz
No, I don't think so. I think most folks on this site are honest and value the sense of community we share. I believed at the time I posted my listing that more recent versions (2012), including the angled connector, were somehow "2.5" or at least "late model," as I said in my ad. I did not have the information above until pressed by potential buyers to validate or "prove" (no one actually used that word) that mine was the latest. In other words, both buyers and sellers have had questions due to the lack of concise, precise info commonly available to all. Now we have it. This is good for everyone. :-)
Thanks. It actually wasn't your item that I had noticed where the version caught my attention. However, it has been a few other threads that have been posted in the past month or so where the different levels were being noted. This wasn't what I noticed with your pair, though.
- What makes an LCD-2 R2 a 2.5, and when did it start?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 2 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 18 seconds ago
- › AKG K501 love... 46 seconds ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 54 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender? 9 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 10 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...