You can bypass the amp. Get a FiiO E17 and return the soundcard.
Related Forum Threads
- Amp with clear bass? Last post on 1/25/14 at 12:41am in Portable Headphone Amps
- V-MODA Crossfade LP for $79.99 at amazon.ca is worth that price? Last post on 12/13/13 at 9:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- LIMITED TIME V-MODA LP FOR $70 Last post on 12/8/13 at 2:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V MODA CROSSDADE LP $70 AMAZON.COM TODAY ONLY Last post on 12/8/13 at 1:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda lp2 and amp? Last post on 11/20/13 at 7:25am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
Can't decide which one to get..... HELP! - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could keep the soundcard for your gaming needs, but attach an amp when you want to listen to music.
The signal won't be amped two times: the soundcard will be bypassed and used only as a dac when the external amp is plugged.
But the sound card is so good that give me a whole new experiance in games and allow my external 2.1 speakers to sound amazing...
EDIT: I just read your post, which cheap amp you recommend for either Vmoda LP2 or DT770 80 OHM ?
Also, you think my analogy was wrong and that the DT770 just distort in general and it wasn't because of the high impedance my sound card have ?
Edited by SKilleT - 2/24/13 at 10:08am
Highly likely. You could try it with a different source (maybe unamped) and see if it gets the same distortion as it would on your soundcard.
I wonder how many people return perfectly good headphones, unbeknownst to them it's what they're plugging them into that's the problem.
Unfortunate really, raises the price for the rest of us.
- Can't decide which one to get..... HELP!
- › Any good quality USB sound cards to power DT 700 80s? 3 seconds ago
- › JH 16 VS JH 13 HELP~~ 5 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 16 seconds ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) 25 seconds ago
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 38 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 1 minute ago
- › RSA SR-71B portable headphone amplifier, balanced input and output 2 minutes ago
- › Advice for Reterminating an IEM 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 2 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob