Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Headphones with best attack and speed ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphones with best attack and speed ?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

please help me out choosing one with best attack and speed.

post #2 of 10

The V-Moda M80 are pretty good in bass region with great impract and overall detailed soundquality with good attack and separation.

post #3 of 10
ES10
M-80
HD25/Amperior
Yamaha PRO 500
post #4 of 10
Stax
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanshu830 View Post

please help me out choosing one with best attack and speed.


ATH-AD2000. These babies stop on a dime.

 

EIDT: Just noticed I am in portable/iem section, never mind. :)


Edited by Andrew_WOT - 2/23/13 at 9:06pm
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 

what about k701/702 ?

post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanshu830 View Post

please help me out choosing one with best attack and speed.

 

I don't know if they are *the* best, but Hd25-1-iis have quite exceptional attack and speed, so much so that people look for full size cans that match them:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573674/comfortable-full-size-closed-headphones-with-hd25-sound-signature

 

Downsides: small sound stage (unless you are willing to counteract it with a player that has crossfeed or something similar), opinions vary on comfort. Big positives: high isolation, light weight (150g), super long lasting (lots of "My HD25's have lasted 15 years of DJing" threads on the net.) Could go either way: they look like they cost $50 instead of $200, so unless you meet a very knowledgeable mugger they won't make you a target.

post #8 of 10

Oh - and as people have already hinted, it's bass attack and speed where headphones usually go wrong. I don't know if there is such a thing as headphone with audibly poor attack in the mid and trebles. Looking at the square wave response for the low bass is supposed to tell you something about how good the bass attack/response is:

 

 

 

Headphone.com and a few other places have graphs for a lot of the headphones they sell, so this is a possible extra source of information (I certainly wouldn't buy on it alone!)

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuttle View Post

 

I don't know if they are *the* best, but Hd25-1-iis have quite exceptional attack and speed, so much so that people look for full size cans that match them:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573674/comfortable-full-size-closed-headphones-with-hd25-sound-signature

 

Downsides: small sound stage (unless you are willing to counteract it with a player that has crossfeed or something similar), opinions vary on comfort. Big positives: high isolation, light weight (150g), super long lasting (lots of "My HD25's have lasted 15 years of DJing" threads on the net.) Could go either way: they look like they cost $50 instead of $200, so unless you meet a very knowledgeable mugger they won't make you a target.

 

Definitely, one of the best headphone that I ever own/owned...the bass attack, speed, and impact are top notch...

 

Soundstage issue can be fixed, buy C&C BH portable amp, it has soundstage switch (wide/normal) that really works, absolutely brilliant...

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

 

Definitely, one of the best headphone that I ever own/owned...the bass attack, speed, and impact are top notch...

 

Soundstage issue can be fixed, buy C&C BH portable amp, it has soundstage switch (wide/normal) that really works, absolutely brilliant...

If you are most players (ipods, Clips) you can install Rockbox for free and use the crossfeed. Or Cowons (at least the J3) have a separation control and a "3D sound" control.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Headphones with best attack and speed ?