I need help with replacing the cable on my ATH-M50, someone decided having them on the floor was a good idea and my dog chewed completely through it. I'm not sure if I can buy one online and do it myself or if I could send it somewhere to get that fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 vs. Onkyo ES FC-300 vs KRK KNS 8400 Last post on 2/15/15 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need cheap bluetooth recommendations Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison: Somic MM163 versus Audio-Technica M50 Last post on 2/6/15 at 1:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
I have used the Sony MDR-7506s as long as I can remember. I do Front-of-House (FOH) mixing for bands, and these phones have been by my side for many years. Some people hate the cable, i like...
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
Need replacement cable for my headphones...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you feel confident in your soldering skills you could make a replacement cable yourself. If not, you could try something like this service : http://www.btg-audio.com/index.htm
He seems well liked around here for his work, although I must admit I've never used it personally.
I got a link to the Audio Technica website and I can send them back for repair but I'm not sure if it would be cheaper than the BTG recabling option. Also, I'm not sure where to find a cable I could use to resolder it myself, any help?
- Need replacement cable for my headphones...
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 11 seconds ago
- › The quest for a 300€ pair of closed, full-sized, sub-bass capable... 22 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › Suitable amp for Denon ah-d7000? 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AD700s died.. (*cries internally*), Where do I go from here? 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2