Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Are yuins still the king of earbuds?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are yuins still the king of earbuds? - Page 2

post #16 of 41

PAA-1 Pro are very good warm yet detailed, but i guess Live are better but brighter and more airy with better clarity.

post #17 of 41

how about crossroads? i read in the earbuds match-up that the hr-2 is at par with the pk-2.

post #18 of 41

If I were you, I'd go with a new pair of Yuin PK2 or try to get hold of a pair of Blox ANV3 or TM7.

 

I have got Yuin PK2, Hisoundaudio Live & Living and Blox TM7 & ANV3. I used to own Blox M2C but sold them as I found PK2 to be better. I'm thinking about selling Hisoundaudio Live as they are not on the same level as PK2. For me, PK2 still are great earbuds. Hisoundaudio makes good earbuds, but not as good as Yuin. Blox is on a level of their own with TM7 and ANV3...

post #19 of 41
Thread Starter 

Well i did email Blox to see if they had any stock this time round, but i'm not keeping my hopes up.

 

Hisound is apparently out of stock for both living and live....they are offering me the PAA1-Pro for $49, with $10 normal shipping. That's about the price of a PK2 on ebay i think (hard to check with the search being broken). They are also offering to give me a full refund if i can "prove' that it isn't as good as the PK2.

post #20 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2 View Post

I don't understand how to buy from blox though? Like i said, everytime i email them, they are out of stock...are there any online retailers selling them?

 

I got a email response from the Hisound people...they are saying the PAA1-PRO is better than the Yuin PK1 o.O.

Availability is the biggest problem with Blox, but I am confident once you get your hands on one of their buds, you won't regret it.  You'll just have to be patient if it's something you really want.  I would recommend that you shoot for the ANV3 which unfortunately is still on backorder now.  But I see on their website that the M2C are available for purchase.  These are the most affordable of their buds and in my opinion the best value (if you like "fun sounding" headphones).

post #21 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloil View Post

how about crossroads? i read in the earbuds match-up that the hr-2 is at par with the pk-2.

 

Yea, i had a pair of HR2s once. Very good...i think they were slightly better than the PK2s, but the price was much higher.

post #22 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtruong34 View Post

Availability is the biggest problem with Blox, but I am confident once you get your hands on one of their buds, you won't regret it.  You'll just have to be patient if it's something you really want.  I would recommend that you shoot for the ANV3 which unfortunately is still on backorder now.  But I see on their website that the M2C are available for purchase.  These are the most affordable of their buds and in my opinion the best value (if you like "fun sounding" headphones).

 

Oh, i didn't realise their M2C was still listed as purchasable. That's what, $47 for one or $29 each for 5 pieces + shipping? Too bad we can't do a group buy though...

post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2 View Post

 

Oh, i didn't realise their M2C was still listed as purchasable. That's what, $47 for one or $29 each for 5 pieces + shipping? Too bad we can't do a group buy though...

For $29 each, I bought 5 and gave them away as presents.  Everyone loved them.  :-)

post #24 of 41

Or buy 5 and keep a few as spares. For $28 (or even $40) they sound really good. However I cannot not say that the M2C is better or worse than the PK2. I have both and to my ears they have a different sound signature, especially in the soundstaging. I like it to being at a concert, with the M2C I feel I am on the first row, good energy, drive, detailed direct sound, the music seems closer, don't feel the air of the room as much. With the PK2 you move a couple of rows back, music becomes less direct, with slightly less detail, however much more larger soundstage with more air. To me the PK2 is more speaker sounding than the M2C because the PK2 puts the music a bit further away. However I like them both, and would say the recording more or less dictates which one I prefer. With live recordings esp, with large soundstage, I prefer the PK2 so far. Regarding sound quality both are good to my ears, its just they differ in sound signature. I ordered the BLOX ANV3, and I am curious how that one will sound. Have to wait a couple of weeks though.

 

After hearing the M2C I wished I had ordered 5 of them, that being cheaper and having some spares. With the PK2, I noticed those DIY YUIN PK2 on ebay with improved cabling and plug, I almost ordered one of them just to have a better back up if my PK2 cable gives in. However I am wondering if $50 is worth the gamble to find out if the DIY are as good as the originals (however posters on this website say they sound the same or better).

post #25 of 41
Thread Starter 

Well, i just ordered a pair of M2Cs, wonder how long it will take for them to get to australia...

 

I guess i will look to see if anyone can help to repair my PK2s in the meantime.

post #26 of 41
I think blox is the king for now...
M2c blows pk3 out...
I am wanting ANV3, but they said they're overwhelmed with full order... Damn..
post #27 of 41
Thread Starter 

TM7 is from blox right? Because i don't see them listed on the blox site at all....

 

And has anyone managed to compare the m2c with the anv3?


Edited by Question2 - 2/22/13 at 7:03pm
post #28 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2 View Post

Well, i just ordered a pair of M2Cs, wonder how long it will take for them to get to australia...

 

I guess i will look to see if anyone can help to repair my PK2s in the meantime.

If I knew you were in Australia I would have sold you my M2Cs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kore View Post

I think blox is the king for now...
M2c blows pk3 out...
I am wanting ANV3, but they said they're overwhelmed with full order... Damn..

PK3 is rightly below PK2 and the M2C. The latter two however are difficult to seperate because they both sound so different.

post #29 of 41
Thread Starter 


How would you say the pk2 and m2c sound when compared to each other?

post #30 of 41
Thread Starter 

Okay so i got the M2Cs...

 

First thing that comes to mind is that they are a lot "louder" than my PK2s. I had to lower the volume on my computer because everything sounded a lot louder.

 

Sound quality wise they feel really similar...not sure how to describe it though.

 

One thing i noticed was that the isolation of the m2c is a lot worse than the pk2s. I don't understand how? There are some holes on the back of the m2c...i'm not sure what this is for, but i'm guessing that the sound is leaking through these holes. Even on relatively quiet streets, i can't hear my mp3 player at all. I feel dissapointed.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Are yuins still the king of earbuds?