Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Mjolnir vs V200 HD 800
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mjolnir vs V200 HD 800

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

I narrowed it down to these two.......     I tried V200 briefly with HD 800 at local shop and it sounded PERFECT except whats in my opinion untolerable lack of bass,now everywhere I read the V200 is considered warm,tube like in sound

 

so the Mjolnir is colder? less bass??        I cant try Mjolnir,anybody,tried both of these with HD 800?   please help

post #2 of 9

yes the hd800 puts you at a distance from the source of the sound and let the music come at you like a light breeze,

 

the v200 will never put itself between you and the music, it will let the headphones express themselves for what they really are

 

if you are into for a "no sounding" pure device, the v200, may as well be an end game device, as far as current head-fi reproduction tech goes,

 

so if you get the v200 you'll be able to enjoy the hd800 perfectly for what they are, and you can then be free to go for a complementary set of headphones, and be able to forget about the "synergy" labyrinth

post #3 of 9

I had both but find the Mjolnir to be the better amp for the HD800. The V200 is still very good and more versatile as it doesn't need just balanced and can work with sensitive to harder to drive headphones short of something like the HE6. You can also change the gain of it to suit your headphones. The Mjolnir needs a balanced headphone only so depending on if your HD800 is recabled to balanced or not you may need to get one.

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

I had both but find the Mjolnir to be the better amp for the HD800

right, like if any of us others here had access to your brain to know what "better" means

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobicii View Post

I read the V200 is considered warm,tube like in sound so the Mjolnir is colder? less bass??

post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 

one say V200 other Mjolnir....

 

I am looking for extra warmth,darker treble no problem becose its HD 800

 

transients must be analytical sharp.... I dont care how harsh unpleasurable,I dont want no tube smeared audiophile lushness... I want it to play exactly what the soundwave looks like no matter if its nice or harsh reality fatigue nightmare

 

stereofield ...   theres no sense in sacrifcing low end for stereofield ( LCD 2 vs HD 800 ) and then buying amp that is nothing less that best stereofield in price range

 

separation.... need tons of this!  I make super super dense mixdowns,I need that sound thats like when little shakers,tamboo, and all this little **** have its own space and you observe it like separate object,I hope you get what I mean

 

distortion,noisie floor,black background and texture resolution.... these are very important but I place them slightly behind the above... by that I mean,tube with some more noise and distortion but one that have balls when it comes to bass and the stereofield is spot on would be my choice over clearer but closed in other amp

 

 

one last thing,I am looking for that vicious powerfull in your face sound...    no laid back blues,I make high energy music I want some amp that have some balls


Edited by goobicii - 2/22/13 at 1:29pm
post #6 of 9

i do not say v200, i say not hd800, for what you are looking to achieve in terms of music production,

 

i thought you already own the hd800, only later i saw your other post

 

try t1 with v200 if you can,

 

to me the combo gave me everything you are looking for

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskodan View Post

i do not say v200, i say not hd800, for what you are looking to achieve in terms of music production,

 

i thought you already own the hd800, only later i saw your other post

 

try t1 with v200 if you can,

 

to me the combo gave me everything you are looking for

funny thing is I wanted to try it but the owner of the shop where I was checking shiit,he was little bit strange he didnt let me test them

post #8 of 9

but again if you are planing to use such a headphone just for monitoring and mixing and not for listening pleasure, then maybe it's better for you to go search for a candidate in the monitor headphones segment,

 

you'll get away with a lot cheaper and at the same time better headphone for the purpose, less micro detail and more focus on overall mix balance,

 

it's difficult to use your hearing to exactly mix and create a record the way u want when you can use monitoring and mixing equipment and software that will make you get the sound you want without even need to listen to it

 

it's difficult to suggest when we don't know what are your previous experiences and impressions with other gear

 

EDIT: same reasoning goes for choosing the amp, or any other equipment you may need for the purpose


Edited by roskodan - 2/23/13 at 7:29am
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roskodan View Post

but again if you are planing to use such a headphone just for monitoring and mixing and not for listening pleasure, then maybe it's better for you to go search for a candidate in the monitor headphones segment,

 

you'll get away with a lot cheaper and at the same time better headphone for the purpose, less micro detail and more focus on overall mix balance,

 

it's difficult to use your hearing to exactly mix and create a record the way u want when you can use monitoring and mixing equipment and software that will make you get the sound you want without even need to listen to it

 

it's difficult to suggest when we don't know what are your previous experiences and impressions with other gear

 

I am extremly impressed with HD 800 mid highs and mind blowing clarity and soundstage,the separation is phenomenal.....    I am dead set on getting these headphones for production becose I believe that they are very good for such thing.... I know dnb producers Camo & Krooked produce on Audeze LCD-3 and they are getting best mixdowns in the scene.......           

 

I personaly disagree with your statement that cans with superb microdetail lack in overall detail.....    the HD 800 sounded better than I could imagine,moth macro and micro... it may be more of flaw of a brain that gets lost in small details witch are plenty provided with Senns witch results in what you described...        

 

when I first heard it I was like "Dam!!!  that shaker totaly jumped out of mix! I can see it clearly separated in the soundstage" so naturaly I kinda lost whats going with everything else but I believe that will go away more or less as ecstasy of novelty fade away

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Mjolnir vs V200 HD 800