Hello, I'm looking for an entrance into the world of the audiophile and was wondering what would be best for me:
- Budget of around £250 ($380).
- I will mainly be listening to music and playing games, but will occasionally watch films.
- Genres I like include Rock, Electronic, Classical, Folk etc.
- I think I would prefer more neutral headphones with no emphasis on any particular frequency (so they are suitable for a wide variety of music genres and are closest to the true sound).
- The source will be lossless files on my PC.
I have looked at the Sennheiser HD600s and think they would be a good match, but they would consume the entire budget. My question is, should I get these headphones and run them from my motherboard for the time being until I can get an amp, or get cheaper headphones like the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and combine them with an amp?
I know that in order to get the most out of the HD600s, an amp is necessary, but will it be sufficient for the short term to run them from my motherboard? Also, it may be cheaper in the long term as I will be less inclined to upgrade to a new set of headphones.
Thanks for the help!
Edit: Whoops, I just saw the thread about recommendations, sorry for starting a new one.
Edited by Intrinsion - 2/21/13 at 6:51am