- 26 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: MD, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Full-size headphones for home use for about 200$ Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- College student confused about headphone choices Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best all rounders Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The AKG K550 - My initial experiences and a review/comparison with the D2000! Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
What headphones do you use for travelling? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just tried my Edition 8s on a plane- they worked surprisingly well. But I put them back in their fuzzy bag after not too long, I'm always afraid of damaging them. Went back to SE535, my out & about earphone. Monster coppers are my beaters if I'm being chased by dogs/raccoons.
Is this a common occurrence?
I just got a pair of hd25-1ii's and it feels nice knowing I can just throw them in my bag without worrying about them breaking. I thought that the sr225i I had sounded better, but they were just too uncomfortable. The sennheiser's have been on my wishlist for a while now, and I just ended up taking a longer path to get to them. :P
Comfort and durability can be underrated, particularly in portables, where fashion often plays a role. It's evidently tempting to manufacturers to sacrifice one or both of these qualities to achieve a certain aesthetic. To me, though, durability and comfort are quite high on the pecking order. I'd even be inclined to sacrifice some sound quality if the alternative is something that's prone to breakage and/or very uncomfortable.
So far I've had good luck with my SRH440 because, while certainly not the pinnacle of build quality, it's tough enough to have survived over two years of almost daily use, while frequently getting tossed in a bookbag along with my (behemoth and heavy) laptop. Also, while it had some comfort issues initially, a few simple modifications have made it very comfortable. If either (or both) of these areas had been insurmountable concerns, despite how much I enjoy listening to them they would have been boxed up and returned. That's ultimately the fate my own SR225i met, though comfort wasn't the only consideration in that decision.
Edited by Argyris - 2/23/13 at 1:07am
For me, its Denon D600 for long travels. Yes they look big, but the easily detachable and storable cables, ability to sound good out of a portable amp such as govibe magnum, and comfort factor really win me over. Noise isolation and very little sound leakage also play a big role.
- What headphones do you use for travelling?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado RS1i and Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla and Grado PS1000 and Grado GS1000 9 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 14 seconds ago
- › New Denon DA-300USB DSD DAC with headphone amplifier 19 seconds ago
- › Can anyone shed some light on Grado's refurbishing procedure? 24 seconds ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 50 seconds ago
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › $500 desktop setup? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3