- 26 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: MD, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Full-size headphones for home use for about 200$ Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- College student confused about headphone choices Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best all rounders Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The AKG K550 - My initial experiences and a review/comparison with the D2000! Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
What headphones do you use for travelling? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just tried my Edition 8s on a plane- they worked surprisingly well. But I put them back in their fuzzy bag after not too long, I'm always afraid of damaging them. Went back to SE535, my out & about earphone. Monster coppers are my beaters if I'm being chased by dogs/raccoons.
Is this a common occurrence?
I just got a pair of hd25-1ii's and it feels nice knowing I can just throw them in my bag without worrying about them breaking. I thought that the sr225i I had sounded better, but they were just too uncomfortable. The sennheiser's have been on my wishlist for a while now, and I just ended up taking a longer path to get to them. :P
Comfort and durability can be underrated, particularly in portables, where fashion often plays a role. It's evidently tempting to manufacturers to sacrifice one or both of these qualities to achieve a certain aesthetic. To me, though, durability and comfort are quite high on the pecking order. I'd even be inclined to sacrifice some sound quality if the alternative is something that's prone to breakage and/or very uncomfortable.
So far I've had good luck with my SRH440 because, while certainly not the pinnacle of build quality, it's tough enough to have survived over two years of almost daily use, while frequently getting tossed in a bookbag along with my (behemoth and heavy) laptop. Also, while it had some comfort issues initially, a few simple modifications have made it very comfortable. If either (or both) of these areas had been insurmountable concerns, despite how much I enjoy listening to them they would have been boxed up and returned. That's ultimately the fate my own SR225i met, though comfort wasn't the only consideration in that decision.
Edited by Argyris - 2/23/13 at 1:07am
For me, its Denon D600 for long travels. Yes they look big, but the easily detachable and storable cables, ability to sound good out of a portable amp such as govibe magnum, and comfort factor really win me over. Noise isolation and very little sound leakage also play a big role.
- What headphones do you use for travelling?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 15 seconds ago
- › K701 appreciation thread! 21 seconds ago
- › Sony D-25 Refurbishment with Service Manual! 58 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › How to Rip DVD/Blu-Ray into High-Resolution tracks in different... 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3