- 26 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: MD, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Full-size headphones for home use for about 200$ Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- College student confused about headphone choices Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best all rounders Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The AKG K550 - My initial experiences and a review/comparison with the D2000! Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
What headphones do you use for travelling? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just tried my Edition 8s on a plane- they worked surprisingly well. But I put them back in their fuzzy bag after not too long, I'm always afraid of damaging them. Went back to SE535, my out & about earphone. Monster coppers are my beaters if I'm being chased by dogs/raccoons.
Is this a common occurrence?
I just got a pair of hd25-1ii's and it feels nice knowing I can just throw them in my bag without worrying about them breaking. I thought that the sr225i I had sounded better, but they were just too uncomfortable. The sennheiser's have been on my wishlist for a while now, and I just ended up taking a longer path to get to them. :P
Comfort and durability can be underrated, particularly in portables, where fashion often plays a role. It's evidently tempting to manufacturers to sacrifice one or both of these qualities to achieve a certain aesthetic. To me, though, durability and comfort are quite high on the pecking order. I'd even be inclined to sacrifice some sound quality if the alternative is something that's prone to breakage and/or very uncomfortable.
So far I've had good luck with my SRH440 because, while certainly not the pinnacle of build quality, it's tough enough to have survived over two years of almost daily use, while frequently getting tossed in a bookbag along with my (behemoth and heavy) laptop. Also, while it had some comfort issues initially, a few simple modifications have made it very comfortable. If either (or both) of these areas had been insurmountable concerns, despite how much I enjoy listening to them they would have been boxed up and returned. That's ultimately the fate my own SR225i met, though comfort wasn't the only consideration in that decision.
Edited by Argyris - 2/23/13 at 1:07am
For me, its Denon D600 for long travels. Yes they look big, but the easily detachable and storable cables, ability to sound good out of a portable amp such as govibe magnum, and comfort factor really win me over. Noise isolation and very little sound leakage also play a big role.
- What headphones do you use for travelling?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 17 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Asus Xonar DG[x] question. 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Aurix 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2