- 26 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: MD, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by nightmancometh, 1/16/15
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Full-size headphones for home use for about 200$ Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- College student confused about headphone choices Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best all rounders Last post on 6/20/12 at 3:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The AKG K550 - My initial experiences and a review/comparison with the D2000! Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
What headphones do you use for travelling? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just tried my Edition 8s on a plane- they worked surprisingly well. But I put them back in their fuzzy bag after not too long, I'm always afraid of damaging them. Went back to SE535, my out & about earphone. Monster coppers are my beaters if I'm being chased by dogs/raccoons.
Is this a common occurrence?
I just got a pair of hd25-1ii's and it feels nice knowing I can just throw them in my bag without worrying about them breaking. I thought that the sr225i I had sounded better, but they were just too uncomfortable. The sennheiser's have been on my wishlist for a while now, and I just ended up taking a longer path to get to them. :P
Comfort and durability can be underrated, particularly in portables, where fashion often plays a role. It's evidently tempting to manufacturers to sacrifice one or both of these qualities to achieve a certain aesthetic. To me, though, durability and comfort are quite high on the pecking order. I'd even be inclined to sacrifice some sound quality if the alternative is something that's prone to breakage and/or very uncomfortable.
So far I've had good luck with my SRH440 because, while certainly not the pinnacle of build quality, it's tough enough to have survived over two years of almost daily use, while frequently getting tossed in a bookbag along with my (behemoth and heavy) laptop. Also, while it had some comfort issues initially, a few simple modifications have made it very comfortable. If either (or both) of these areas had been insurmountable concerns, despite how much I enjoy listening to them they would have been boxed up and returned. That's ultimately the fate my own SR225i met, though comfort wasn't the only consideration in that decision.
Edited by Argyris - 2/23/13 at 1:07am
For me, its Denon D600 for long travels. Yes they look big, but the easily detachable and storable cables, ability to sound good out of a portable amp such as govibe magnum, and comfort factor really win me over. Noise isolation and very little sound leakage also play a big role.
- What headphones do you use for travelling?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › My Search Ends Here - Oppo, HiFiMAN, B&W, M&D, Momentum 2, Philips 34 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › TOTALDAC DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Looking or a custom OVER the TOP cable for my Shure SE846 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2