Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Replacement cables for TF10s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Replacement cables for TF10s - Page 2

post #16 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Sonethings happened to the seller sunricky, who used to sell the majority of Dark Lord cables on eBay, I can no longer find any of his cables in stock? He used to have another called White Angel which was the white/ clear version of Dark Lord. It is a shame he has stopped selling his cables?

I have recently gone for this cable for my IEM which uses Westone ports, the same seller has a version for TF10. It is silver plated and white / clear. ($60) I cannpt comment on this cable as I'm waiting on mine to arrive.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6N-OFHC-Silver-Plated-upgrade-cable-for-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-5-5EB-/261166464160?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3ccebbfca0&_uhb=1
Due to Chinese New Year celebration most shipping / sellers from Honk Kong have major delays because everything backed up, that would probably explain why it's taking so long to receive your cable. Only after the 18th were some sellers getting back into the full swing of things. (Between the 5th and the 18th some ebay sellers took a break) and if they didn't delays at the airport to to their Chinese New Year would be large. I made sure I didn't order anything during that time.


I spoke with the seller of mine and he shipped the cable only 1 day late due to the Chinese New Year. If you check his listing, it does say Sunricky down in the shipping time table. I still wonder who this seller is, since he does have Sunricky in his listing. The seller said the post office was closed for 3 days.


Edited by Watagump - 2/19/13 at 9:18pm
post #17 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post


I spoke with the seller of mine and he shipped the cable only 1 day late due to the Chinese New Year. If you check his listing, it does say Sunricky down in the shipping time table. I still wonder who this seller is, since he does have Sunricky in his listing.

Looks like he has taken sunricky's listing and simply pasted it into his?, or sunricky dealing under another name. The main concern is most of the cables sunricky sold have vanished! He had a wide variety of cables for Shure, Westone, UE, all gone. This is forced me to choose an alternative (the link I posted)

I have owned Dark Lord cable in the past, it's a nice cable, possibly a little stiff because it's been coiled for so long in storage but it will relax after a few days / week. I liked the cable its was inexpensive and gave good results.

Whether you hear a difference or not that's up to you to decide. smile.gif
Edited by H20Fidelity - 2/19/13 at 9:22pm
post #18 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Looks like he has taken sunricky's listing and simply pasted it into his?, or sunricky dealing under another name. The main concern is most of the cables sunricky sold have vanished! He had a wide variety of cables for Shure, Westone, UE, all gone. This is forced me to choose an alternative (the link I posted)

I have owned Dark Lord cable in the past, it's a nice cable, possibly a little stiff because it's been coiled for so long in storage but it will relax after a few days / week. I liked the cable its was inexpensive and gave good results.

Whether you hear a difference or not that's up to you to decide. smile.gif


Him being under a different name has crossed my mind also. I also didn't see the Dark Lord cable by searching for triple fi 10 etc. I found it cause I remembered then name. If you search for UE TF10, then the Dark Lord cable shows up. I was a little worried at first since I was expecting to order from Sunricky. Got a little more worried after it didn't ship within the 3 days the listing stated. But after we spoke and he mentioned the new year it was fine, even though I got tracking info before he replied.

post #19 of 35
Thread Starter 

I might just forget about Dark Lords and own up to some Lunes and prepare for a future re-shelling 

post #20 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

I might just forget about Dark Lords and own up to some Lunes and prepare for a future re-shelling 

If you are going to raise your budget, talk with Chris Himself, can save some money and get a nice cable from him.

post #21 of 35
Thread Starter 

yeah his cables do seem good, but the build quality is about the same and I think I know someone selling some Lunes for <$80. Good suggestion though

post #22 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

yeah his cables do seem good, but the build quality is about the same and I think I know someone selling some Lunes for <$80. Good suggestion though

 

From what people have said the Lune is a solid choice, for the price you listed, sounds like a decent idea. I have been an audio guy for a LONG time, started in car audio, have a decent home theater and now this. One thing has been true for all my audio hobbies is I have never been a spend big money on cables kind of guy. I doubt if I took my cables for my Paradigm speakers and spent a ton I would all of a sudden go WOW they sound so much better, but hey too each his own.

post #23 of 35
Thread Starter 

Nah I'm about the same, but the step up from Epics/Dark Lords at the price point isn't that bad of an idea. It will feel good to be carry silver on me as I walk to classes

post #24 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

 

 

I take it I should get silver played over silver hybrid/interlace cables if I were to get a chris_himself cable

 

 


 

 

I'd rather get Westone Epic cables just because they seem to be slightly better.

When I read through the boards, it seemed like people recommended the silver cable over the hybrid and the copper. When I spoke to Chris yesterday, however, he suggested that you should just consider which color you like best, as opposed to the purported difference in sound quality. I ended up picking up a pair in silver (the silver-coated one).

post #25 of 35

I got the sunricky's White Angel cable for Triple.fi 10 Pro's a couple of days ago and have given them some testing listening to various music. Below are some bulletpoints for it as well as some photos:

 

PROS:

 

- compared to the stock cable, the sound is a lot clearer, the highs are crisp and bright, the lows are punchier. Didn't notice any changes in the mids.

- it's thinner and easier to wrap up, and takes less space in the stock UE carrying case

- the Sennheiser plug at the end is very well made and gold-plated

- slides right into the Triple.fi, no modification required

 

CONS:

 

- quite lots of microphony (you hear the sound of the cable rubbing against clothing, etc.)

- could be longer

- the white tip doesn't look too professional when added to black/blue Triple.fi

- the over-the-ear loop is not memory cord, but is fixed in advance, so it's hard to get a good over-ear fit if it doesn't fit you from the get-go

 

PICS:

 

 

post #26 of 35

Tracking info from Hong Kong sucks. I want it to say things like, flying over the ocean, or on the boat etc etc. All I have so far is accepted and processed through sort facility.

post #27 of 35

WOOT, my mini rant worked. My cable is now in San Francisco.

post #28 of 35
Thread Starter 

Sweet! If you don't mind, please post here again when you get them! 

post #29 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerfrenzi View Post

Sweet! If you don't mind, please post here again when you get them! 


Sure will, now I wonder how long from San Fran to here. Of course now I have my hopes up it could get here tomorrow. No way, Hong Kong to me in 7 days. bigsmile_face.gif

post #30 of 35
Sunrickys cables have returned! : http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sunricky/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2654

My guess is he closed his listings over Chinese new year. This is good news, as I need a cable soon for my second set of TF10.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Replacement cables for TF10s