or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 657

post #9841 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post

Since using fw2.14beta volume modded ...any headfier have any issue with battery ? Have fully charged twice and each time used it about 10-15 minutes and the next day power on ..it says low battery and can only play for less than 5 minutes only. Charge it full again and the same scenario.

Any other head fier have this problem?

Any suggestion ?

 

I got a similar problem. I believe that it is related with the player freezing instead of turning off.

 

I found that playing shufle the x3 will freeze 60% of the time when a track finished, this occurs whether gapless is activated or not.  Sometimes I was under the impression that the auto-shutoff had been activated, instead the player was stuck.

 

Just make sure the player is really off. However, even if it is really off I believe that the battery drains over time faster than with 2.1 when turned off. However, I havent made any measurements in this regard, the battery indicator is not very precise. The x3 is missing a numerical value of the battery charge in the player info tab.

post #9842 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post



I think there is some confusion about what USB OTG function means on X3/X5.

On X3 / X5, it means the ability to "host" (*read) USB storage drives and play the music stored on them. It doesn't mean you can use it as an "Slave" mode, which let it acts like an USB DAC for other devices that has USB OTG Host function (i.e. iPhone with iOS7, etc). Having to host devices connect to each other will no work of course, since neither want to be the slave device for the other.

DAC functionality won't work either. I think you either need to follow apple's very strict set of rules, or need to pay them to make it work. Or both.
post #9843 of 17129

post #9844 of 17129

*

 

Fiio X3 interface, courtesy of Cymbacavum on facebook.

 

If only the x3 had a touch screen now :P


Edited by davidcotton - 5/6/14 at 12:24pm
post #9845 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


DAC functionality won't work either. I think you either need to follow apple's very strict set of rules, or need to pay them to make it work. Or both.


I just need a simple yes or no. I really suck at understanding the complicated terms.
This is in regards to the slave mode;

So it's NOT possible to play music with a FiiO X3 and use the JDS Labs odac DAC?

post #9846 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post


I just need a simple yes or no. I really suck at understanding the complicated terms.

This is in regards to the slave mode;


So it's NOT possible to play music with a FiiO X3 and use the JDS Labs odac DAC?

No you can't use it with an iphone or ipad. Apple won't allow it.

Why would you want to connect a DAC to the X3?
post #9847 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


No you can't use it with an iphone or ipad. Apple won't allow it.

Why would you want to connect a DAC to the X3?


I don't have a laptop. I'd also like to bring my ODAC/O2 around for my Q701's for vacation. Although the only media players I own is a samsung galaxy ace 2x in which I don't even know has digital to usb output. So I was hoping maybe I could find a way to convert the line out feature of the X3 to the input of the ODAC.

post #9848 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 


I just need a simple yes or no. I really suck at understanding the complicated terms.
This is in regards to the slave mode;

So it's NOT possible to play music with a FiiO X3 and use the JDS Labs odac DAC?

 

Probably not?  I'm not sure.  Don't think you can stream audio out of the mini USB, as it will only play out of the phone jack, Line out or the Coaxial out.  Unless you can somehow get the coaxial out to a USB somehow; but can't envision that is being possible.

post #9849 of 17129

It is very possible that I misunderstood some of the recent posts.  But to clarify; there is no doubt than using the Apple Camera Connecting Kit some external DAC units, including the Fiio E07, can in fact take audio streams from IOS devices and play these music streams through their DAC circuitry.  In the case of the E07 one simply toggles a menu item forcing the unit to not try to charge itself from the IOS device.

 

What seems to be implied by some posts here is that the hardware implementation of the DAC input of the X3 is such that IOS device connectivity can not be supported.    A point which I would dispute; I saw posts stating that it can in fact work with a powered USB hub with IOS devices.  So it is in fact a possibility in certain hardware scenarios.

 

The issue is with connecting via a non-powered hub.  My reading of the assertions made recently is that the low powered mode is related to the OTG function and since OTG is not available due to a hardware limitation the non-power drawing mode is not a possibility for the X3.

 

Please parse this series of statements and indicate where the logic has gone wrong.  (nicely)

post #9850 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsnuffy View Post

It is very possible that I misunderstood some of the recent posts.  But to clarify; there is no doubt than using the Apple Camera Connecting Kit some external DAC units, including the Fiio E07, can in fact take audio streams from IOS devices and play these music streams through their DAC circuitry.  In the case of the E07 one simply toggles a menu item forcing the unit to not try to charge itself from the IOS device.

What seems to be implied by some posts here is that the hardware implementation of the DAC input of the X3 is such that IOS device connectivity can not be supported.    A point which I would dispute; I saw posts stating that it can in fact work with a powered USB hub with IOS devices.  So it is in fact a possibility in certain hardware scenarios.

The issue is with connecting via a non-powered hub.  My reading of the assertions made recently is that the low powered mode is related to the OTG function and since OTG is not available due to a hardware limitation the non-power drawing mode is not a possibility for the X3.

Please parse this series of statements and indicate where the logic has gone wrong.  (nicely)

I have a cable that has one female USB port, and 2 male connection, on one of these, it can only send data, so no power, and even when i connect the X5 through this to my iPhone ( iphone 5 > camera connector > usb split data cable > usb to mini usb cable > X5 (sorry, no X3)
X5 goes into DAC mode for a moment, but then the iphone says it draws too much power (which is false, as it gets powered externally)

EDIT: i have done this in the past with the X3, and got the same result.
Edited by CH23 - 5/6/14 at 2:24pm
post #9851 of 17129
Yeah, we know it does not work right now. The question in my mind is whether this issue is "insurmountable".

I am trying to parse the known facts to see if that is really the case. My hope is that Fiio can add a low power mode in the menu just like on the E07. As I understand it, the OTG feature is an Android concern and not necessarily an IOS concern.
Edited by originalsnuffy - 5/6/14 at 2:41pm
post #9852 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsnuffy View Post

Yeah, we know it does not work right now. The question in my mind is whether this issue is "insurmountable".

I am trying to parse the known facts to see if that is really the case. My suspicion is that Fiio can add a low power mode in the menu just like on the E07.

 

As of right now, probably yes; largely due to iOS's limitations placed on the sandboxing of the OS.

post #9853 of 17129

I can connect my sony

z to my x3 via otg,and using uapp it works!!

post #9854 of 17129
Does it work as a DAC or work in the way that you can play files from your phone on then x3 and browsing the phones music library or both?

Edit: Since you say with uapp I'll assume you mean as a DAC.
Edited by peter123 - 5/6/14 at 3:03pm
post #9855 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlethief View Post
 

I can connect my sony

z to my x3 via otg,and using uapp it works!!

 

That's great!  But still wouldn't work for an iOS device though cuz the Sony is an Android.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.