or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 654

post #9796 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I am curious if a different firmware version can change the sound of the line out, or if the sound of the line out is fixed via the hardware (regardless of the firmware version).


I think it's depends on what was changed on the FW. Generally, if they change how files is decoded (as they did on FW 2.14b for mp3 files), it will affect the line out as well. But it might not affect the line out as much if it was a tweak to how the X3 interacting with the amp and so on because line out bypasses that.
Edited by Dkhand - 5/5/14 at 1:29pm
post #9797 of 17129
Just updated to the latest firmware and now I love the sound 😎...almost as good as my x5😁
post #9798 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovistico View Post
 

Hi!

I get my X3 not so long ago and i have a question. It was said, that Fiio was working on OTG function for X3. Is it already available (I use FW2.1)? I don't have such cable to try and this thread is TOO big to read throughout. 

 

 

I believe it was establish that only X5 have USB OTG function and not the X3.  Sorry.


Edited by Dkhand - 5/5/14 at 1:32pm
post #9799 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhand View Post


I think it's depends on what was changed on the FW. Generally, if they change how files is decoded (as they did on FW 2.14b for mp3 files), it will affect the line out as well. But it might not affect the line out as much if it was a tweak to how the X3 interacting with the amp and so on because line out bypasses that.

 

Thanks, I appreciate the response. I look forward to the final release of 2.14.

post #9800 of 17129

Can anyone know source of LCD replacement?

Or maybe datasheet for DL240QV018T-44A.

post #9801 of 17129
Is the OTG function required to allow a reduced power mode? Is that what allows the E07 to reduce its power draw from the iphone etc.; or is that a separate function?

I know that with an OTG cable I can connect an E07 to the mini-usb port on my portable PC.

I am still hoping that somehow the X3 can work with an iphone without a powered hub.
post #9802 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsnuffy View Post

Is the OTG function required to allow a reduced power mode? Is that what allows the E07 to reduce its power draw from the iphone etc.; or is that a separate function?

I know that with an OTG cable I can connect an E07 to the mini-usb port on my portable PC.

I am still hoping that somehow the X3 can work with an iphone without a powered hub.

 

 

As I mentioned above; it has been established that OTG will not work on the X3,  Although I have not tried it myself, in theory, you could get a USB adapter and use the X3 as a DAC as I believe iOS7 does support this.  But why use the X3 as a DAC on the go if you can just use the X3 as a stand alone unit or there is other DAC/AMP out there that can do the job just as good or better?  Also, if you really want to use your iPhone as a source, you can also do that with your E07 as you are already using it as a DAC for your computer already.


Edited by Dkhand - 5/5/14 at 2:35pm
post #9803 of 17129
Not sure if I'm imagining this....

Had my x3 on fw2.1 and gapless seemed perfect across all formats (flac & 320), I tried the 2.14b and listened to a couple of tracks and it now seems gapless only works on flac. More or less all my music are DJ mix albums so gapless is paramount. Flac is perfect yet anything ripped at 320 inserts a millisecond gap between tracks. I've reverted back to 2.1fw and the problem persists. Now the easy answer would be rip to flac but a lot of the albums I sold ages ago. Is gapless likely to be'properly' fixed? However I am 99% certain it was fine before I dabbled with fw changes
post #9804 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmockg View Post

Not sure if I'm imagining this....

Had my x3 on fw2.1 and gapless seemed perfect across all formats (flac & 320), I tried the 2.14b and listened to a couple of tracks and it now seems gapless only works on flac. More or less all my music are DJ mix albums so gapless is paramount. Flac is perfect yet anything ripped at 320 inserts a millisecond gap between tracks. I've reverted back to 2.1fw and the problem persists. Now the easy answer would be rip to flac but a lot of the albums I sold ages ago. Is gapless likely to be'properly' fixed? However I am 99% certain it was fine before I dabbled with fw changes

Have you tried flashing the FW again? Sometimes that fixed the minor hangs up that wasn't there before.
post #9805 of 17129

For those both x3 and x5 owners, do you regret buying the x5 now that there have been some significant changes in the x3?  or does it still have enough to offer based on the price difference?  If it was only down to sound quality and not extra features (I know the x5 has two sd slots, otg function, etc.), would you spend the extra money?

 

cheers,

post #9806 of 17129

x5 sound is still cleaner and more detailed.  However I do regret it slightly because the x5 is alot weaker in the bottom end.

post #9807 of 17129

For me, after the 128gb micro sd was released, I no longer needed the dual microsd feature of X5.  At some point I'm sure I'll upgrade to whatever the later versions of Fiio player that I'm most interested in, but as someone with a lower budget, the X3 really is the perfect device, especially with the amazing transparency and dedication to improvement we see with Fiio as a company.

 

They've definitely sold me some brand loyalty :)

post #9808 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave View Post

For those both x3 and x5 owners, do you regret buying the x5 now that there have been some significant changes in the x3?  or does it still have enough to offer based on the price difference?  If it was only down to sound quality and not extra features (I know the x5 has two sd slots, otg function, etc.), would you spend the extra money?

cheers,

Don't regret it at all. X5 is more neutral and revealing. As @chengsta points out, the X5 does have less bass than the X3. BUT that doesn't mean the X5's bass is inferior. In fact, the X5 has cleaner, punchier, tighter bass - just not as much.
post #9809 of 17129
Oh yeah, don't regret the DX90, either smily_headphones1.gif
post #9810 of 17129

Far out, nmatheis, you must be loaded to be able to afford all 3:blink:.  That said, I cannot believe how many headphones I have now.  I believe in light of the thread that these are great responses for those torn between the two.  I guess in terms of bass, would you say that the x3 has emphasised low bass, mid bass or bass overall?  I know that a lot of manufacturers have overpowering midbass in their cans as they perceive that is what the public generally want (i.e. beats cans).  Does the x3 have good bass extension or just an overemphasised bass?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.