or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 646

post #9676 of 17129

Now that I have both I would say one consideration that might sway your decision between the X3 and the X5 is the size of your music library. Mine is vast so I appreciate the fact that the X5 can hold 256 GB. If your library isn't that big or if you don't feel a need to carry a large portion of it with you the X3 is a very nice player. Very nice indeed. The X5 is a handful, it feels like it is twice the size of the X3. I'm glad to have the ability to have both.

post #9677 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by aangen View Post
 

Now that I have both I would say one consideration that might sway your decision between the X3 and the X5 is the size of your music library. Mine is vast so I appreciate the fact that the X5 can hold 256 GB. If your library isn't that big or if you don't feel a need to carry a large portion of it with you the X3 is a very nice player. Very nice indeed. The X5 is a handful, it feels like it is twice the size of the X3. I'm glad to have the ability to have both.

 

Since I need only 64GB at most, I guess the X3 is more for me in this aspect. SQ-wise I take it that they are on par?

post #9678 of 17129

Joe will help me arrange the beta test issues. and we hope we can release the last X3 firmware at the end of this month. and the final version should includes most features you guys asked. the new UI may released early or with the last version.

 

anyway, we have do our best to support X3 and we believe the X3 is become quite stable and we have added a lots of new feature in it. like USB DAC, DSD playback, 32bit/64bit playback.   

post #9679 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkarn View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aangen View Post
 

Now that I have both I would say one consideration that might sway your decision between the X3 and the X5 is the size of your music library. Mine is vast so I appreciate the fact that the X5 can hold 256 GB. If your library isn't that big or if you don't feel a need to carry a large portion of it with you the X3 is a very nice player. Very nice indeed. The X5 is a handful, it feels like it is twice the size of the X3. I'm glad to have the ability to have both.

 

Since I need only 64GB at most, I guess the X3 is more for me in this aspect. SQ-wise I take it that they are on par?

 

I would say the difference in sound between one and the other is not great. I would not like to try to correctly identify each in a double blind test. I like both and haven't picked a favorite yet. If all you need is 64 the choice is easy.

post #9680 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

Joe will help me arrange the beta test issues. and we hope we can release the last X3 firmware at the end of this month. and the final version should includes most features you guys asked. the new UI may released early or with the last version.

 

anyway, we have do our best to support X3 and we believe the X3 is become quite stable and we have added a lots of new feature in it. like USB DAC, DSD playback, 32bit/64bit playback.   

will contain playlist support ? and more effective eq ?:beerchug: 


Edited by Mmet - 5/2/14 at 5:02am
post #9681 of 17129

Does any know if the new Sandisk 128GB memory cards work in the x3? I've just ordered one but didn't think to check first! Hopefully its just a case of formatting with Guiformat or the X3 itself and its all good?

post #9682 of 17129
Is the soundstage of the x3 now larger compare to the dx50 with the new firmware? Tia!
post #9683 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananasov View Post
 

This is totally worthless IMO. Most people know their music or if you are interested in certain track you can just check it... This will drawn the battery down. I even believe that adjusting the volume should not light up the display! :)

Sorry, I meant to add that I'd want it as an OPTION - something one could could turn on or off.  I would turn it on.  You would leave it off.

post #9684 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by aangen View Post
 

 

I would say the difference in sound between one and the other is not great. I would not like to try to correctly identify each in a double blind test. I like both and haven't picked a favorite yet. If all you need is 64 the choice is easy.

 

Hmmm... Looks like I should plan for an audition session then! :D

post #9685 of 17129

It's a fairly inexpensive toy that I quite enjoy. Good luck to you!

post #9686 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAund View Post
 

Does any know if the new Sandisk 128GB memory cards work in the x3? I've just ordered one but didn't think to check first! Hopefully its just a case of formatting with Guiformat or the X3 itself and its all good?

It works fine in mine. I formatted it with AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 5.2 and it works in both the X3 and the X5. Be warned it writes very slowly so be ready for a long wait to fill it up. It reads quickly, it just writes very slow. (2mb/s)

post #9687 of 17129
Quote:
Originally Posted by aangen View Post
 

It works fine in mine. I formatted it with AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 5.2 and it works in both the X3 and the X5. Be warned it writes very slowly so be ready for a long wait to fill it up. It reads quickly, it just writes very slow. (2mb/s)


Nevermind...

post #9688 of 17129

Have installed the 2.14 beta firmware. Positive impressions for the change in sound for the most part. Quicker tighter  bass, much better dynamics and so forth but I kind of miss the warmth as now some stuff can sound a little thin and the volume even with my very efficient Audiofly AF-78's is too low even at max volume. Tried high gain but didn't like what appears to be some added harshness with that setting compared to the low gain setting..Oh, well will have to start playing around with and mapping out some EQ settings for individual files. Does the new beta firmware support DSD playback as it is right now or will that feature not be available until the final version?

post #9689 of 17129
DSD plays now! biggrin.gif

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
post #9690 of 17129
I really appreciate the way James Fiio periodically checks in with the forums related to his products. The way he manages his business seems to bring out a nice symbiotic relationship with Head-Fi,.

This reminds me a bit of a website; procolharum.com. The webmasters there, in my opinion, had a great deal to do with the resurrection of this band's fortunes. Procol Harum emerged from rock obscurity (which is did not deserve) to a continued, living presence in large part due to the two people most involved in the website and its related store.

Anyway, back to Fiio. The X3 continues to improve nicely. I don't love its ergonomics, but it provides a nice sound at a reasonable price. I like the idea that there is now a range of devices to choose from.

Some of the firms from China provide astounding value to audiophiles. I just purchased a pair of Edifier speakers for the office, and am also pleased. E10 speakers or some such. Also a great sound for dollar situation;
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.