Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 622

post #9316 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespectraal View Post

Ye so have installed it before, but I uninstalled it once I stumbled upon your method of installing. I left the extracted folder where all the files and .exe for the X3 in my downloads folder though.

I think that's why, but i will test this later when i get home (with my X5)
post #9317 of 12951
Sorry, I'm sure this has been covered a million times, but can SD cards be swapped on the go? Is it as easy as popping in the SD card and updating the library? How long would this take?

Thanks.
post #9318 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercub View Post

Sorry, I'm sure this has been covered a million times, but can SD cards be swapped on the go? Is it as easy as popping in the SD card and updating the library? How long would this take?

Thanks.

Definitely extremely easy.  No loading time really.

post #9319 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


I think that's why, but i will test this later when i get home (with my X5)

I can confirm with a clean windows reinstall I don't have the tusb control panel using ch23's directions.

post #9320 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post
 

Definitely extremely easy.  No loading time really.

 

If it's that easy, I wonder why people are so into the idea of 128GB SD cards. Two 64GB are 25% cheaper, give or take.

post #9321 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercub View Post
 

 

If it's that easy, I wonder why people are so into the idea of 128GB SD cards. Two 64GB are 25% cheaper, give or take.

Because using two cards is a pain?

 

I'd rather spend the extra money for a 128gb card so I don't have to keep taking it out to get to another section of my music library.

Then I'll have to carry around a small case for the other 64gb card, which makes it less than optimal for being portable.

post #9322 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiNick View Post
 

Because using two cards is a pain?

 

I'd rather spend the extra money for a 128gb card so I don't have to keep taking it out to get to another section of my music library.

Then I'll have to carry around a small case for the other 64gb card, which makes it less than optimal for being portable.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercub View Post
 

 

If it's that easy, I wonder why people are so into the idea of 128GB SD cards. Two 64GB are 25% cheaper, give or take.

Ya, I agree.  When you have a somewhat large library of FLAC files like I do, you would be having to spread your library out in 4+ cards.  If there is more space like 128GB cards, instead of 4 (for example), you will be just down to 2; where it is perfect for the X5. 

post #9323 of 12951

My solution is just to view this as a portable device, and keep in mind that 64 gig of music is more than I can listen to in a day.

post #9324 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post
 

My solution is just to view this as a portable device, and keep in mind that 64 gig of music is more than I can listen to in a day

Alright but what if you are someone who has every artist alphabetically listed?

 

So I listen to let's say Alice Cooper, but then I want to follow it up with The Rolling Stones....either switch a card or just get a bigger one.

 

I guess the whole multiple cards could work if you organize your cards by musical moods.

 

Especially with the X3 though, you have to organize everything nicely in files, the category mode isn't very good if you have more than one album by an artist.


Edited by TsukiNick - 4/21/14 at 3:22pm
post #9325 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiNick View Post
 

Alright but what if you are someone who has every artist alphabetically listed?

 

So I listen to let's say Alice Cooper, but then I want to follow it up with The Rolling Stones....either switch a card or just get a bigger one.

 

I guess the whole multiple cards could work if you organize your cards by musical moods.

 

Especially with the X3 though, you have to organize everything nicely in files, the category mode isn't very good if you have more than one album by an artist.

Well, I would do what I've done for years with ipods and such.  Tell myself I have this much room to work with, and fill it accordingly.  So if I wanted to listen to The Rolling Stones after Alice Cooper, I'd just go to The Rolling Stones and listen to 'em.

post #9326 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiNick View Post
 

Alright but what if you are someone who has every artist alphabetically listed?

 

So I listen to let's say Alice Cooper, but then I want to follow it up with The Rolling Stones....either switch a card or just get a bigger one.

 

I guess the whole multiple cards could work if you organize your cards by musical moods.

 

Especially with the X3 though, you have to organize everything nicely in files, the category mode isn't very good if you have more than one album by an artist.

 

First, this is a nice problem to have (a lot of memory versus a whole lot of memory). Flash is great, and it's amazing to see capacity reaching into HD territory. I think I'd go with a "first-string" and "second-string" card approach. I'd put the heavier rotation stuff on one card and the only occasionally on another. Granted, having two cards does create the dilemma you describe.

post #9327 of 12951
having more music than can fit on a single card was for me one of the main reasons for going with the X5 (i'm now at 85GB)

You could get a TF to SD adapter and get a full size SD card, these are quite cheaper than their micro counterparts.
post #9328 of 12951

So how do you guys store your micro SD cards, when they're not in a player? They're so tiny and easy to lose.

Are there special holders available? Also, do you mark them in some way, to tell them apart?

post #9329 of 12951
I store them in other players. Keep one in my Clip Zip, one in my phone, one in my X3.
post #9330 of 12951
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


I think that's why, but i will test this later when i get home (with my X5)


Help! I recently deleted that folder the .dll files were in because I thought they were not needed, and now asio doesn't work for my X3... I tried registering the .dlls again but I get this error.... What is going on here???

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.