or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 600

post #8986 of 17125
For me I don't want eq badly and I am fine with the player as it is or with external amp ...but I will not say no for that feature for the people who want it ....it won't hurt me to have that feature and not using it but other people will
Edited by Mmet - 3/22/14 at 11:50am
post #8987 of 17125

Well I spoke too soon....Going to category and then album it seems that ALAC albums are still randomly sorted. I checked the tags with mp3 tag and they are clean. It won't let me tag 01, 02, 03 though, only 1, 2, 3...

post #8988 of 17125

to be honest if no eq will be given to the x3 i will not buy any fiio products in the future as this x3 deserves one and i hope fiio is not ignoring our need for an eq to push sales of the x5

post #8989 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post

to be honest if no eq will be given to the x3 i will not buy any fiio products in the future as this x3 deserves one and i hope fiio is not ignoring our need for an eq to push sales of the x5
Seriously... Dude your not going to see any EQ. You knew what the X3 was like before you bought it. The "I won't buy anymore or your products unless you add Feature X" is really lame.

Sell the X3, buy a DX50 which has RockBox available for it and move along...
post #8990 of 17125
I don't get the big deal about using an eq. The only time I have used one is when I didn't like the sound of the headphone.

I'd rather they focus on a better ui that's supposed to be coming out in April iirc
post #8991 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

I don't get the big deal about using an eq. The only time I have used one is when I didn't like the sound of the headphone.

I'd rather they focus on a better ui that's supposed to be coming out in April iirc

Very much agree. If you need to use EQ you have probably picked the wrong headphones...

I have yet to use an EQ who's artifacts didn't outweigh any advantages

post #8992 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


Seriously... Dude your not going to see any EQ. You knew what the X3 was like before you bought it. The "I won't buy anymore or your products unless you add Feature X" is really lame.

Sell the X3, buy a DX50 which has RockBox available for it and move along...

Is RockBox available for DX50 ? This is some sort of game changer.

X3 and DX50 they had each own strengths and weakness, not differing too much from each other, and both lacking on user interface.

This move puts DX50 quite ahead of X3 and extends the "life cycle" of the DX50.

I like the sound of my X3, but the interface and bugs make it so hard to enjoy it. 

 

It does not matter how much effort FiiO (and any other DAP company, maybe except Apple) invests on UI development: they can not beat the level of quality, customization and user friendliness of Rockbox.

 

I still hope that FiiO reconsiders their position on Rockbox, eventually paying back some royalties to the current UI developers to be able to share the UI source code with Rockbox team. In the long run this can even save them some money, as they would not need to keep on running behind all the current bugs or developing a "touchscreen interface for not touchscreen device", as planned for the next release.

And will extend the life-cycle of X3... or maybe this is the reason why X3 Rockbox is not going to happen :-( 

post #8993 of 17125
yes the dx50 has it. I guess I'm in the minority in that I don't think it's the end all ui.

of course the x3 isn't perfect either. Apple foes have great ui and Sony is a close second but both of them don't have any daps with a memory card slots
post #8994 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic2vic View Post
 

I still hope that FiiO reconsiders their position on Rockbox, eventually paying back some royalties to the current UI developers to be able to share the UI source code with Rockbox team. In the long run this can even save them some money, as they would not need to keep on running behind all the current bugs or developing a "touchscreen interface for not touchscreen device", as planned for the next release.

And will extend the life-cycle of X3... or maybe this is the reason why X3 Rockbox is not going to happen :-( 

 

Have said it quite a few times - it isn't FiiO lack of consideration regarding RB, but a contract between FiiO and the SoC supplier that prevents them for giving out any code for open source purpose. If RB dev are interested, they have to do it without any code from FiiO because no one wants to get sued here, not to mention the lost of a key supplier that can cripple the whole X series supply line.

post #8995 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

I don't get the big deal about using an eq. The only time I have used one is when I didn't like the sound of the headphone.

I'd rather they focus on a better ui that's supposed to be coming out in April iirc

This. I find the Treble/Bass controls to be good for me, but I mainly want an updated UI.

 

Oh, and DAC compatibility with my Chromebook 14, but that's for another forum :P

post #8996 of 17125

I am sad. I am currently loading music onto my ONE Sandisk 128GB MicroSDXC on my X3. I got it from Amazon thinking I'd get another when I get an X5. But now Amazon says it's out of stock and has no idea if it will re-stock. A quick search of the net and guess what, they seem to be unavailable unless you want to pay $199 for one. Bah. $120 was much more to my liking. So I look at Ebay and people have 128GB MicroSDXC listed for as little as $15 all the way up to oh who cares prices. But they aren't Sandisk, they are some other brand which isn't clear.  I am sure in the not too distant future I'll be able to buy another one or two for $120 each.

 

BUT I WANT TO RIGHT NOW!

 

Bah.

post #8997 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by aangen View Post
 

I am sad. I am currently loading music onto my ONE Sandisk 128GB MicroSDXC on my X3. I got it from Amazon thinking I'd get another when I get an X5. But now Amazon says it's out of stock and has no idea if it will re-stock. A quick search of the net and guess what, they seem to be unavailable unless you want to pay $199 for one. Bah. $120 was much more to my liking. So I look at Ebay and people have 128GB MicroSDXC listed for as little as $15 all the way up to oh who cares prices. But they aren't Sandisk, they are some other brand which isn't clear.  I am sure in the not too distant future I'll be able to buy another one or two for $120 each.

 

BUT I WANT TO RIGHT NOW!

 

Bah.


There was stock in the uk for a very short while (literally couple of hours) and since then nothing.  I imagine like all things once the production get's ramped up properly these things will be available easily enough.

post #8998 of 17125

I hope the UI gets updated, but the current UI is pretty good for me. Pretty simple and organized, just the way I like it.

post #8999 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan View Post
 

Well I spoke too soon....Going to category and then album it seems that ALAC albums are still randomly sorted. I checked the tags with mp3 tag and they are clean. It won't let me tag 01, 02, 03 though, only 1, 2, 3...

 

This is strange. The HDTracks ALAC albums I have are sorted properly when I go to Category -> Album, 01, 02, 03 etc. But the ALAC files I have ripped from CD with EAC display in a random order. I have double and triple checked the tags in MP3Tag, and I made sure all the same fields were used and have the same issues. I could just use the browse files method, but this is making me a little nuts trying to figure out how to make them work properly. I want to use ALAC for my CD rips because I also have an iPad and my wife has an iPhone that we also use as media players.

 

Update: I just ripped a CD in iTunes using ALAC and have the same issues, so it isn't EAC related.


Edited by y2jdmbfan - 3/23/14 at 10:02pm
post #9000 of 17125

edited

 

My x3 died today for the first time. I just finished song (96/24 flac playing from SSD), went into menu-browse-built-in memory-album folder-chose song (44/16 flac), pressed play and in that moment it stopped working. Display got stuck in album menu. Buttons went dead. Display turned off after 20sec (my setting for display to tun off without interaction with buttons). I tried to plug it into pc. Display went on for 20sec. I could see album menu where it has frozen. Battery indicator didnt show recharging. Red light was on though. I could see both ssd and built-in memory in pc. After plugging it off, display came up again for 20sec, showing the same menu. Again. No button reaction. No sound. After restart its now working fine as before.

 

Could be a problem when changing songs with different bitrate/frequency? Or could it be because one song was on ssd and another on built-in memory? Or maybe because gapless playback? It freezes sometimes when using gapless but not like this. Usually it just stops playing when i press next song with gapless "on" but buttons and display are always working and all you need to do, is go to album/folder menu and start that song again.

 

has anyone same experience?


Edited by vincik - 3/24/14 at 4:20am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.