Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 589

post #8821 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteKirby View Post

My 128 micro SD arrives tomorrow, get to see if it works with the X3

Can't wait

Where'd you buy from? Amazon still says 4-6 weeks...of course, they won't ship to Canada:(

Supposedly it'll work in the X5 and others have used full SD cards with adapter so I imagine as long as you can format it correctly you won't have any problems.

post #8822 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post
 

Where'd you buy from? Amazon still says 4-6 weeks...of course, they won't ship to Canada:(

Supposedly it'll work in the X5 and others have used full SD cards with adapter so I imagine as long as you can format it correctly you won't have any problems.


 

Amazon

 

I ordered them on the 25th even though it said ships in 4-6 weeks, I guess they ship out their stock soon as it comes in or something

 

I am in the US though so I didn't have to worry about no shipping here and stuff

post #8823 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stekos View Post
 

Hi guys, from what I've been reading, the X3 sometimes doesn't play nice with MP3 files.  Wanted to ask opinions on what is the best format to rip CD's from to put on the X3?

 

Maybe just copy them over in WAV files to insure the best bit-bit copies?

when i try to play certain MP3s (they are ALL > 32 bit) I get "file not supported". Even when I use Audacity to convert to .wav I get the same result. FW is latest. ACLs appear identical, attributes the same.   It's like the fw can't read the file header.  It acts the same whether on fw storage or card. I am stumped. There seems no rhyme or reason to it.  This is very disappointing to me since playing MP3s is the main task I want to use this for.  I emailed fiio support, they need to address this in a fw update.  Otherwise back it goes and I will be consigned to itunes hell.

 

(I also don't like the fact [unless I am missing something] that there is no indexing, ie, it will start to play a previous track at the beginning rather then remember the point at which it left off.  Something even my 15 year old DVD player does and my 10 year old iRiver also.  Also the FF and RW functions are limited, it will not pick up speed as the buttons are depressed. Lame.  But fixable if they are serious about addressing end-user needs.  Or open the source to the RockBox folks!)


Edited by ironcloudz - 3/9/14 at 4:29pm
post #8824 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcloudz View Post
 

when i try to play certain MP3s (they are ALL > 32 bit) I get "file not supported".

What is an MP3 >32bit?

 

This is a max rate normal MP3 file...

 

Channels 2 (stereo)

Sample Rate 44.1 KHz

Sample Size 16 bit

Bit Rate 320 kbps

 

An like the manual shows Player Settings > Memory Play > Position will pick up where it left off.

post #8825 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

What is an MP3 >32bit?

 

This is a max rate normal MP3 file...

 

Channels 2 (stereo)

Sample Rate 44.1 KHz

Sample Size 16 bit

Bit Rate 320 kbps

 

An like the manual shows Player Settings > Memory Play > Position will pick up where it left off.

PCM audio exists in time domain. MP3 compression puts audio into frequency domain. There is no real concept of bit depth. Whatever is reported is what a given system wants to quantize it as.

post #8826 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by brhfl View Post
 

PCM audio exists in time domain. MP3 compression puts audio into frequency domain. There is no real concept of bit depth. Whatever is reported is what a given system wants to quantize it as.


Thanks!

That's good to know, I don't see how it will assist the poster whose MP3's wont play, but still good to know. :D

post #8827 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 


Thanks!

That's good to know, I don't see how it will assist the poster whose MP3's wont play, but still good to know. :D

Hah, yes, that's very true and I'm still not sure what exactly said poster meant, but… sometimes our computers deceive us into believing things, and I figure… may come in handy some day :p

post #8828 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

What is an MP3 >32bit?

 

This is a max rate normal MP3 file...

 

Channels 2 (stereo)

Sample Rate 44.1 KHz

Sample Size 16 bit

Bit Rate 320 kbps

 

An like the manual shows Player Settings > Memory Play > Position will pick up where it left off.


Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say 32kbps bit rate.  The manual notes that the player  will not support an MP3 of  "...data rate 32K or lower..."

 

Might it be that these non-playable files might have a sample rate lower than 44.1KHz and that is why they will not play?  How can I see the sample rate for the file?

 

And thanks for the Player Settings > Memory Play > Position tip, I missed that one!

post #8829 of 17216

Well, I answered my own question (with your help!)

 

I used Audacity to convert the mp3 to

 

Sample Rate 44.1 KHz

Bit Rate greater than 320 kbps

 

..and they play fine!

 

Thanks.

 

========================

 

This is a max rate normal MP3 file...

 

Channels 2 (stereo)

Sample Rate 44.1 KHz

Sample Size 16 bit

Bit Rate 320 kbps

post #8830 of 17216

Ewww... I cringe at the thought of 32 kbps mp3. Even that 128 kbps starts to bother me. I guess I'm spoiled with my 320 kbps minimum standard.

 

Back on topic, is there an easy way to fix the database without having to wipe the card and reload the files? What I mean is...I've had some songs which had different values for artist or genres. I changed them after already loading them onto the X3's SD. Thing is they still show the old values on the X3 itself even if the files themselves are updated. I've already removed the database file and did a refresh. If I delete that other real database file, all of the information gets lost...so that's not really a good idea either.

post #8831 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfie View Post
 

Ewww... I cringe at the thought of 32 kbps mp3. Even that 128 kbps starts to bother me. I guess I'm spoiled with my 320 kbps minimum standard.

 

Back on topic, is there an easy way to fix the database without having to wipe the card and reload the files? What I mean is...I've had some songs which had different values for artist or genres. I changed them after already loading them onto the X3's SD. Thing is they still show the old values on the X3 itself even if the files themselves are updated. I've already removed the database file and did a refresh. If I delete that other real database file, all of the information gets lost...so that's not really a good idea either.

 

Does it show properly if you just browse by files, instead of using the Library View from like Artist --> Album --> Song etc?

 

I think the view files method reads it every time versus the library view

post #8832 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteKirby View Post
 

 

Does it show properly if you just browse by files, instead of using the Library View from like Artist --> Album --> Song etc?

 

I think the view files method reads it every time versus the library view

 

Yeah, the view files method always reads things properly. But I can't really take advantage of browsing by artist or genre since I've changed some of them...

post #8833 of 17216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcloudz View Post
 

Well, I answered my own question (with your help!)

 

I used Audacity to convert the mp3 to

 

Sample Rate 44.1 KHz

Bit Rate greater than 320 kbps

 

..and they play fine!

 

Thanks.

You are most welcome! Enjoy!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfie View Post
 

Ewww... I cringe at the thought of 32 kbps mp3. Even that 128 kbps starts to bother me. I guess I'm spoiled with my 320 kbps minimum standard.

They are most likely AudioBooks and they don't need MP3 V0 encoding...

post #8834 of 17216

we will update the firmware so the X3 supports 32k mp3 even the sound quality is very poor, so people can use it to listening some audiobooks or others.

post #8835 of 17216
I only use my X3 for music, if I want to listen to Audiobooks the the best player out there is an old iPod nano 8GB.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.