or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 583

post #8731 of 17125

my case. genuine leather, made to order

 

 

post #8732 of 17125

^ That's smart. Where did you order from?

post #8733 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikroski View Post
 

my case. genuine leather, made to order

 

Like the looks. Also interested in where you ordered it from.  Wondering how easy it is to push the buttons.

post #8734 of 17125

If I had to guess... here.

post #8735 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Tbh, UI is the last thing I care about, as long as basic functionality is solid. If they fix the mp3 decoder and resume for long tracks, I'll be a happy with any duck-, clown- or swan-UI they come up with. wink.gif


Apple lossless is fine, but so is high-bitrate AAC if you want to save space. Even transcoding MP3 to high-bitrate AAC will improve playback quality with the current firmware.

Apple lossless is fine if you DON'T use the 'category' function on the x3, ie: Genre. I converted my m4a's to flac because of the huge amount of "unkown genre" on my meticulously tagged music collection. Problem solved, no more 'unknown anything' (I also ran into other 'unknown' issues such as album art and titles - again fixed by converting to Flac).

Mind you, the fact that the current firmware does not show albums and simply lists all the tracks in alphabetical order makes that particular function near useless (to me).

@ James Fiio, if you are reading this, may I ask that regardless of your smart new UI that there will still be an option for a Blank or plain background for those of us who have sight issues?
Personally, becuase of the above I am certainly in favour the simple white on orange symbols you are showing. But again, that's just me.

Thanks.

smily_headphones1.gif
Tog.
post #8736 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post
 

If I had to guess... here.


I ordered it from authorized distributor in Thailand. I guess he get it from above link

post #8737 of 17125
Hi, I'm new here ;)

 

I'm also looking for the perfect case for my X3. My friend just gave me Nokia CP-552 (I don't know what are the markings for it outside of Poland) universal case (dimensions: 115x57x17mm). It fits the X3 like a glove. Unfortunately it doesn't provide easy access to controls or the screen so I'm still looking for a batter case ;) Pics:

 

uploads.classicgod.org/cp552_0001.jpg

uploads.classicgod.org/cp552_0002.jpg

uploads.classicgod.org/cp552_0003.jpg

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikroski View Post
 

I ordered it from authorized distributor in Thailand. I guess he get it from above link

How much did you pay?

post #8738 of 17125

Thank you, good to know that the Tuff-Luv case doesn't cover the Line Out. I'm just going to order a few different ones (FiiO leather, Tuff-Luv and a Tamrac #3814) and use the one I like best.

 

Take care.

post #8739 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togril View Post

Apple lossless is fine if you DON'T use the 'category' function on the x3, ie: Genre. I converted my m4a's to flac because of the huge amount of "unkown genre" on my meticulously tagged music collection. Problem solved, no more 'unknown anything' (I also ran into other 'unknown' issues such as album art and titles - again fixed by converting to Flac).

Mind you, the fact that the current firmware does not show albums and simply lists all the tracks in alphabetical order makes that particular function near useless (to me).

@ James Fiio, if you are reading this, may I ask that regardless of your smart new UI that there will still be an option for a Blank or plain background for those of us who have sight issues?
Personally, becuase of the above I am certainly in favour the simple white on orange symbols you are showing. But again, that's just me.

Thanks.

smily_headphones1.gif
Tog.
I've also had problems with .m4a tags not being recognized properly even though I double checked in tag editors on my Mac at home and PC at work just to make sure. Happens for both AAC and ALAC files for me but is an inconsistent problem. I converted my ALAC to FLAC and don't have issues. Not going to transcode my AAC, though.

And I second an option for a plain background. I'd also like the option to put together my own theme like we can do now - even better if you let us do it on a Mac ;-). I hacked together a very simple set of themes for my X3 - solid dark grey background all around with chartreuse, orange, or periwinkle selector bars. Much improved (for me, anyway) over the stock X3 UI.
post #8740 of 17125

Considering upgrading to the x3 from a rockbox'd ipod classic (that I'm using with an E12). Have any of you gone from the classic to the x3 and have thoughts on the differences in sound? I'd be using it mostly with my DT 770s

post #8741 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerToast View Post
 

Considering upgrading to the x3 from a rockbox'd ipod classic (that I'm using with an E12). Have any of you gone from the classic to the x3 and have thoughts on the differences in sound? I'd be using it mostly with my DT 770s

 

I upgraded from a rockbox'd Classic to the X3 myself. I didn't have an E12, I was using an iBasso PB2, but The X3 definitely seems much more full in every aspect in comparison to the iPod. Larger soundstage, definite added emphasis (not in a negative way) in the bass region, and details seem to be a bit more there.

 

Mostly used with my JH11s or HD600s, but I'd imagine it'd be a fairly similar taste with your 770s

post #8742 of 17125

Hi, guys. I was wondering about the enormous power the FiiO X3 has. It outputs many more milli Watts of power for headphones of the same impedance, compared to other standalone DAPs.

My question: Some earphones don't have a very high power handling capacity. For many earphones, the value of the power handling capacity is lower than 100mW. Will the high output power of the X3 have any kind of negative effect on such earphones? (either to the sound produced or to the drivers, i.e. will the power damage them?)

 

Sorry I am not an engineer so I am not very familiar with all these technical things, but if any of you can enlighten me on this, I would appreciate it very much! Thanks!

post #8743 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGOD View Post
 

Quote:

How much did you pay?

$30 for the case :)

post #8744 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicalViola View Post
 

Hi, guys. I was wondering about the enormous power the FiiO X3 has. It outputs many more milli Watts of power for headphones of the same impedance, compared to other standalone DAPs.

My question: Some earphones don't have a very high power handling capacity. For many earphones, the value of the power handling capacity is lower than 100mW. Will the high output power of the X3 have any kind of negative effect on such earphones? (either to the sound produced or to the drivers, i.e. will the power damage them?)

 

Sorry I am not an engineer so I am not very familiar with all these technical things, but if any of you can enlighten me on this, I would appreciate it very much! Thanks!


You can destroy them, but first you will hear distortion, when you push the volume too much.

 

It's similar to speakers and amplifiers - it's better to have a slightly more powerful amplifiers, than the speakers can handle. Because if it's the other way, the distortion of the amplifier, when pushed to the limit, can destroy your speakers - tweeters especially.


Edited by HWTest - 3/3/14 at 1:03am
post #8745 of 17125
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteKirby View Post
 

 

I upgraded from a rockbox'd Classic to the X3 myself. I didn't have an E12, I was using an iBasso PB2, but The X3 definitely seems much more full in every aspect in comparison to the iPod. Larger soundstage, definite added emphasis (not in a negative way) in the bass region, and details seem to be a bit more there.

 

Mostly used with my JH11s or HD600s, but I'd imagine it'd be a fairly similar taste with your 770s

I haven't been on Head-Fi for a long time and haven't read any post in this prihibitively long thread.

Anyway,  I remember that at the beginning people complained about the X3 (mostly software).

Have all those issues been solved?  

 

How would the X3 work with my Sennheiser HD 595's (50 Ohm) and Beyerdynamics DT 880's (250 Ohm)?

 

Thanx.

 

P.S.

I've edited this post because I've found the thread about the X5.


Edited by JakeJack_2008 - 3/3/14 at 9:59am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.