Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 579

post #8671 of 12903
Quote:
Originally Posted by z7nz View Post
 

Go to Sound > Playback devices. Double click on Fiio driver > Advance Tab, then choose 24/192

Thanks!

post #8672 of 12903

Recommendation for 64 GB micro SD card for X3. Is the card speed pertinent to music playback or only for photos/video?

post #8673 of 12903
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimiami View Post
 

Recommendation for 64 GB micro SD card for X3. Is the card speed pertinent to music playback or only for photos/video?

Just get at least a class 4.

post #8674 of 12903
Mine came with a coaxial cable, a really thick aux cable, a screen protector already put on, a rubber case, and a 64GB micro sd all for $200 on Amazon. That's a big package.
post #8675 of 12903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post


Do you have your Notebook connected to mains power? And if so, is the outlet grounded? And/or the power cable to your psu?

I had something similar with my old work laptop, one of my DACs would sound terrible when the laptop psu wasn't properly grounded. All my other DACs had no problem with it. I guess that one DAC was just really sensitive.


You're correct. When I unplug power cord from notebook, noise gone. Thank you very much. :beerchug:

 

How can I solve this problem? My 17" notebook can be used on battery for only 2 hours.

post #8676 of 12903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikroski View Post
 


You're correct. When I unplug power cord from notebook, noise gone. Thank you very much. :beerchug:

 

How can I solve this problem? My 17" notebook can be used on battery for only 2 hours.

You may want to try out the iUSB from iFI.  It powers the USB bus directly only allowing the data stream to flow to the device.  I've tried it with my X3 and it works fine.  If the power is that bad, you might need the iPurifier as well.  

post #8677 of 12903
Some options:

- use a properly grounded outlet
- get a better psu for your laptop
- use an external power source for usb (I think hifimediy does one)
- some powered usb hubs work as well
post #8678 of 12903

we are woking in the new firmware and new UI for X3, something share with you .

 

 

 

post #8679 of 12903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

we are woking in the new firmware and new UI for X3, something share with you .









All of my want.
post #8680 of 12903

hope it will be a story about " The clown duck into a swan " . and we will add some new features in X3 in the coming soon.

post #8681 of 12903
Yes! The improvements look great!
post #8682 of 12903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

hope it will be a story about " The clown duck into a swan " . and we will add some new features in X3 in the coming soon.
Thank You James!
post #8683 of 12903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Yes! The improvements look great!

+1

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


Thank You James!

+1

 

Keep up the good work James!

post #8684 of 12903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

hope it will be a story about " The clown duck into a swan " . and we will add some new features in X3 in the coming soon.

 

I sure hope custom themes will still be possible, because that look is more like turning a duck into a clown, rather than a swan...

 

I don't really like the new look, sure, the current UI isn't perfect, but I like its simplicity. IMHO, something with big flashy pictures belongs on touchscreen devices, not a button operated player like the X3. I hope it will be possible to switch between old and new menu modes.

post #8685 of 12903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcherq View Post
 

You may want to try out the iUSB from iFI.  It powers the USB bus directly only allowing the data stream to flow to the device.  I've tried it with my X3 and it works fine.  If the power is that bad, you might need the iPurifier as well.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Some options:

- use a properly grounded outlet
- get a better psu for your laptop
- use an external power source for usb (I think hifimediy does one)
- some powered usb hubs work as well

Hi Coop,

 

Thanks, iUSB seem to be too expensive for using with X3. I am very stupid in new technology, will check for cheapest option

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.