Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 578

post #8656 of 12934

These unsigned usb drivers are such a pain.  i can't seem to install them.  Desktop, laptop or Surface Pro.

post #8657 of 12934
Hello,
I don't believe that I've seen this addressed before. I'm generally satisfied with the X3 but I'm rather disappointed in its shuffling capabilities. Even after loading up the device and expanded memory card with hundreds or thousands of various files, it tends to repeat artists or files that might have similarities - like their filenames are alphabetically similar. Also, on shuffle play all, it tends to play some tracks regularly and rarely or never play others. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Also, what are JH 13 FP owners' thoughts on using the X3 with them? What gain settings are you using and at what level generally? Any EQ changes? Sometimes I prefer the sound of my music on the Cowon on J3. The X3 seems to drive the HD 650's pretty nicely though.

Cheers!
post #8658 of 12934
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbelter View Post

Hello,
I don't believe that I've seen this addressed before. I'm generally satisfied with the X3 but I'm rather disappointed in its shuffling capabilities. Even after loading up the device and expanded memory card with hundreds or thousands of various files, it tends to repeat artists or files that might have similarities - like their filenames are alphabetically similar. Also, on shuffle play all, it tends to play some tracks regularly and rarely or never play others. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Also, what are JH 13 FP owners' thoughts on using the X3 with them? What gain settings are you using and at what level generally? Any EQ changes? Sometimes I prefer the sound of my music on the Cowon on J3. The X3 seems to drive the HD 650's pretty nicely though.

Cheers!

Havent noticed that with shuffle but I'll make a note to pay attention next time I use shuffle

I don't have 13s, I've just got 11s, but I haven't used any EQ or anything, just low gain volume at 20 and gapless on
post #8659 of 12934

Are we going to see a new firmware release anytime soon? Browsing is still terribly slow and inaccurate. 

post #8660 of 12934

Also, any idea how much faster playing FLAC drains the battery compared with VBR?

post #8661 of 12934
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteKirby View Post


Havent noticed that with shuffle but I'll make a note to pay attention next time I use shuffle

I don't have 13s, I've just got 11s, but I haven't used any EQ or anything, just low gain volume at 20 and gapless on

Thanks. Curious to gauge my listening levels before it's too late. With my JH 13s, I'm usually set at low gain and between 10 and 14. About the same points between 10 and 14 on high gain with my HD-650's.

 

Not sure if shuffle is a high priority for X3 owners. For me, guess I've wanted to sample how everything sounds with the device and my recent custom IEMs and then I'll settle back down on single album or artist-only listening.

post #8662 of 12934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmet View Post
 

try : speakers (realtek high definition audio ) that below the x3 >> properties >> disable 
and enable the x3 if it is disabled 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrox92 View Post
 

Hey mikroski, it looks like it is set up correctly. Most likely you're media player is set to use a specific device instead of the windows default. So check your media players output settings and possibly restart the program.


I disable realtek speaker. There still have noise, even when there is no any music player run, (even close all program on my notebook noise still there when I increase volume on WA7 over 08.30).

 

But, I can play Flac file from KM Player and mp3 file from Windows Media Player, the music can play from notebook -> X3-> WA7 -> ATH-W5000 now. But sound is worst, really worst than what I heard from tape reel forty years ago.

post #8663 of 12934
Got these about a week ago. Great player, taking the Sony MDR MA900 and Martin Logan Mikros 90 to a new level. A true upgrade from the Sansa Clip Zip, iPod, Galaxy Player, etc.

The buttons though are slightly difficult to navigate with, and I do miss Rockbox's parametric EQ.
post #8664 of 12934
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikroski View Post
 

 


I disable realtek speaker. There still have noise, even when there is no any music player run, (even close all program on my notebook noise still there when I increase volume on WA7 over 08.30).

 

But, I can play Flac file from KM Player and mp3 file from Windows Media Player, the music can play from notebook -> X3-> WA7 -> ATH-W5000 now. But sound is worst, really worst than what I heard from tape reel forty years ago.


I try this

  1. change to connect all five USB ports on my notebook, noise still there (no any program open)
  2. change USB cable, noise still there

 

I think may be the problem is from my notebook, so I connect Notebook USB -> Woo WA7 -> ATH-W5000

No noise at all, music sound is very good

 

Do I have a defect X3?

post #8665 of 12934

Has anyone tried, or used, the X3 as a DAC on a MacBook or other OSX platform?  Kind of curious if it will work or how to set it up as such. 

post #8666 of 12934
X3 as a dac works natively on Mac
post #8667 of 12934

the DAc portion is only 44khz 24 bit but the DAP is 192/24?  What gives?

post #8668 of 12934

The DAC is 24/192 as well, crank up the computer's bitrate.

post #8669 of 12934
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikroski View Post


I try this
  1. change to connect all five USB ports on my notebook, noise still there (no any program open)
  2. change USB cable, noise still there

I think may be the problem is from my notebook, so I connect Notebook USB -> Woo WA7 -> ATH-W5000
No noise at all, music sound is very good

Do I have a defect X3?

Do you have your Notebook connected to mains power? And if so, is the outlet grounded? And/or the power cable to your psu?

I had something similar with my old work laptop, one of my DACs would sound terrible when the laptop psu wasn't properly grounded. All my other DACs had no problem with it. I guess that one DAC was just really sensitive.
post #8670 of 12934
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirider View Post

 

the DAc portion is only 44khz 24 bit but the DAP is 192/24?  What gives?

Go to Sound > Playback devices. Double click on Fiio driver > Advance Tab, then choose 24/192

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.