Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 562

post #8416 of 13672
You can vote for bugs now (I neglected to set that up properly before).
1. Create an account for our BugZilla server
2. Click My Bugs on the lower-left corner of the page for a full list of bugs on the X3 and X5
3. Choose a bug you would like to vote on and you would be able to give up to 3 votes to it. You are allowed a maximum of 25 votes on all bugs.
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 2/4/14 at 9:19am
post #8417 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincik View Post
 

Is or will be possible to just press "Browse files" button and see both folders from card and internal memory? Not a major thing i know...

 

Huh? It does that anyway. EDIT: Sorry, I guess you meant all the folders contained in those. You can use the "all" options for that.

post #8418 of 13672

Thanks so much for your answer, that's what I was looking for! Are you using the high gain option with the phonaks?

post #8419 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

 

Huh? It does that anyway. EDIT: Sorry, I guess you meant all the folders contained in those. You can use the "all" options for that.


Done! Thanks, nice idea :)

post #8420 of 13672

i deleted intro (10 png pictures making that starting video) so now i get into menu much quicker....but i see few green pixels when i start it this way....is there a reason for not to get into menu so fast after start? could i harm my players if using intwithout booting pictures?

post #8421 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by addsfsds View Post
 

Thanks so much for your answer, that's what I was looking for! Are you using the high gain option with the phonaks?

No, I just use low gain. Even on low the volume never goes any higher than 30 (around half I think). Can't say anything about sound quality between high and low: low is plenty loud and is a lighter load on the battery, so haven't even listened much on high.

post #8422 of 13672

I've has the same problem attempting to add cover art to my X3. However, I'm puzzled by remarks such as "each song has cover art" as that's not whatI'm after at all..

 

What I want to do is display what is in effect the scan of the CD insert's front page design, placed in the folder that contains all the tracks associated with that CD. That may be a classical CD or a pop/rock one.

 

My understanding is that it has to be a JPG file and be of relatively small size. Sadly, I haven;t had any success in creating one yet.

post #8423 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMarch View Post

I've has the same problem attempting to add cover art to my X3. However, I'm puzzled by remarks such as "each song has cover art" as that's not whatI'm after at all..

What I want to do is display what is in effect the scan of the CD insert's front page design, placed in the folder that contains all the tracks associated with that CD. That may be a classical CD or a pop/rock one.

My understanding is that it has to be a JPG file and be of relatively small size. Sadly, I haven;t had any success in creating one yet.
I thought you had to embed the jpg's into the music files for cover art to be displayed.
post #8424 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

You can vote for bugs now (I neglected to set that up properly before).
1. Create an account for our BugZilla server
2. Click My Bugs on the lower-left corner of the page for a full list of bugs on the X3 and X5
3. Choose a bug you would like to vote on and you would be able to give up to 3 votes to it. You are allowed a maximum of 25 votes on all bugs.
getting a 404 Error on the bugzilla right now :-(
post #8425 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmatheis View Post

getting a 404 Error on the bugzilla right now :-(
Try Here...
https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/
post #8426 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Try Here...
https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/
Yup, that worked. Thanks!
post #8427 of 13672

Ah, yes, I seem to recall reading about that somewhere else and that embedding was necessary where multiple files were concerned. With a single music file, on the other hand, I believe the graphic can be given the same filename. I assume, at least at this stage, that the X3 does not itself have the ability to be able to embed graphics. Is that likely to be a future firmware upgrade?

 

Thank you.

post #8428 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMarch View Post

Ah, yes, I seem to recall reading about that somewhere else and that embedding was necessary where multiple files were concerned. With a single music file, on the other hand, I believe the graphic can be given the same filename. I assume, at least at this stage, that the X3 does not itself have the ability to be able to embed graphics. Is that likely to be a future firmware upgrade?

Thank you.
Hi John,

The ability to embed "Album Art" into files is a function of your ripping / tagging sofware, the X3 is a player and does not need any file manipulation software past the ability to read, open and delete files and or directories.
beerchug.gif
Edited by TrollDragon - 2/5/14 at 4:11am
post #8429 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


Hi John,

The ability to embed "Album Art" into files is a function of your ripping / tagging sofware, the X3 is a player and does not need any file manipulation software past the ability to read, open and delete files and or directories.
beerchug.gif


Thanks for your reply, TD. While I accept your comments about the X3 being a player, it seems to me that displaying album graphics is something that many X3 users want and having to obtain (buy?) additional software to do it seems unreasonable to me - and I would have thought it was something the designers of the player would have considered from the outset. I'm sure the X3 firmware could be updated to permit it.

post #8430 of 13672
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMarch View Post
 


Thanks for your reply, TD. While I accept your comments about the X3 being a player, it seems to me that displaying album graphics is something that many X3 users want and having to obtain (buy?) additional software to do it seems unreasonable to me - and I would have thought it was something the designers of the player would have considered from the outset. I'm sure the X3 firmware could be updated to permit it.

 

Hi John,

 

It is possible that you misunderstood my answer or are totally not familiar with the concept and implementation of ID3 tags in music files.

 

The X3 displays the Album Artwork for all of my music files now because I have carefully and meticulously put all the information there myself over the years with either iTune's, MusicBrainz Picard or Tag & Rename. These are ID3 Tagging programs that embed the song info into your files that you rip from CD into FLAC or whichever format you use.

 

This is something the X3 is not physically able to perform, so having the designers consider this from the start is impossible.

 

If you are having a problem with Artwork not showing up with your files, there is a great chance that they have not been tagged properly at all.

 

Here is a great introduction on properly Tagging your digital media from the MusicBrainz site.

http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Beginners_Guide

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.